COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by PhDhawk »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:53 pm
Walrus wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:26 pm Very sad. Another victim of the vax. :|

https://cbsaustin.com/news/nation-world ... sy-ordered
that is very sad. it sounds like she died of liver failure. There's no reason to assume this had anything to do with the vaccine though.

I'm sure there were lots of other things she did in those 4 days that also didn't contribute to her death.
No link between COVID-19 vaccine and 4 Utahns who died after shots, medical examiner says
National database has not shown patterns ‘that would indicate a safety problem with COVID-19 vaccines,’ federal officials report.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2021/03/10/ ... een-covid/
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

If you want to risk you health with big Pharma, you have the right to do that. I'm not scared -- I'm not the one afraid to get covid. The vaccine won't help you unless you continue to take it every year.

Can't spell Pharma without harm.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Through some good fortune, I was able to get a first poke.

I am dead now, posting from hell.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

posthumous POTD
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

can’t spell idiot without lobster

or so i was told by a rich doctor that made up to offer an anecdote that supports my worldview
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:56 pm Through some good fortune, I was able to get a first poke.

I am dead now, posting from hell.
Okay, I laughed.

You're probably one of the lucky majority that survive fine without any side effects, just like the 99% who survive covid just fine.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:49 pm If you want to risk you health with big Pharma, you have the right to do that. I'm not scared -- I'm not the one afraid to get covid. The vaccine won't help you unless you continue to take it every year.

Can't spell Pharma without harm.
I'm not afraid to get covid. I don't want to get it and spread it to someone who's immunocompromised or elderly and kill them.

Sorry, that I care about other people.

I took the vaccine to protect other people. I took the vaccine so we can return to normal and businesses can reopen and schools go back to normal, and because I want travel to come back, and concerts, and sporting events, and movies.

You choose to spread lies and fears about a vaccine that will inevitably save millions of lives and restore our normal way of life because you're an internet troll who's bought into a stupid conspiracy theory, because you're a gullible nit wit whose afraid of a needle.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

All I wanna know is, is CnB hanging in hell with that Utah milf with the fake tits now too?
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:04 pm ...Utah milf with the fake tits...
if only i had a nickel for every time i’ve heard that, or seen evidence of it directly...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It is now within the realm of possibility that we can travel abroad this summer and see our family who we haven't been able to see for over 2 years now.

Not to mention not re-infecting family that were in the hospital for a week with COVID-19.

Sooo many people have had it worse, but that, for us, is so far from nothing. A lot of hard work got the world to this point.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

How much is a flightouttahell?
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:11 pm How much is a flightouttahell?
Couple of tow truck bills.
Deleted User 89

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:08 pm It is now within the realm of possibility that we can travel abroad this summer and see our family who we haven't been able to see for over 2 years now.

Not to mention not re-infecting family that were in the hospital for a week with COVID-19.

Sooo many people have had it worse, but that, for us, is so far from nothing. A lot of hard work got the world to this point.
this is the boat i’m in too
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:14 pm
damn, is that like the price of a refrigerator?

Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Just went to a local tavern to get a burger. Two Mexican employees, a white guy at the bar, and me. They are having a conversation. White guy says, “She got the fucking kung flu”. Blah blah blah “If Trump was still our President no one would have the flu now”. I tried to bite my tongue but didn’t succeed. I asked him if he really believed it. He then went into an anti Biden tirade. I didn’t say another word, got my burger, and walked out. This is what is considered “normal” in America in 2021. Sad.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:16 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:14 pm
damn, is that like the price of a refrigerator?
Fridge is same price as a round trip flight. Usually the HOA fee covers the tow truck bills.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lobster will say it’s intellectually dishonest.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMShclQBK34 ... vd04n109rt
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:56 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:57 pm Getting 1st vaccine Friday. I count as a retail role because I am in a customer focused banking role.
It's murky as to whether I qualify as being in the "Financial Sector". In any case, I'm signed up to volunteer at a vaccine site, which hopefully results in a stab.
My wife is administering the shots at her clinic. She is finding any small avenue to get people the vaccine. They have 200 that they have to use for basically one day. So buddy of mine is a roofer, but he does estimates and deals with people at their homes, she found a pathway for him to get a vaccine.

There's not much questioning because it can be a bit unclear on what exactly is what.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:15 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:56 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:57 pm Getting 1st vaccine Friday. I count as a retail role because I am in a customer focused banking role.
It's murky as to whether I qualify as being in the "Financial Sector". In any case, I'm signed up to volunteer at a vaccine site, which hopefully results in a stab.
My wife is administering the shots at her clinic. She is finding any small avenue to get people the vaccine. They have 200 that they have to use for basically one day. So buddy of mine is a roofer, but he does estimates and deals with people at their homes, she found a pathway for him to get a vaccine.

There's not much questioning because it can be a bit unclear on what exactly is what.
Lobster thinks your wife is intentionally killing people and covering it up.

When I scheduled my appointment, they listed the criteria and asked if you met them. I said yes, because working in Higher Ed was one of the criteria. When I actually went, they didn't ask for anything but my insurance and drivers license.

It also looked like they were set up to handle more people than were there. Barely any line less than 5 minutes before I got my shot.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Seems I'm an essential worker in IT/Telecom.
Will be done at the UK football stadium. I had a test there right before Christmas. Pretty well organized.
Requested, not scheduled.
I hate needles. Irrational fear of them. I wish they would quit showing people getting vaccinated. Makes me want to skip it. I cringe every time I see it.
Defense. Rebounds.