Uncle Joe

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Sparko wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:28 am I have already spent Japhy's trickled down largesse on a new boat.
THAT'S the spirit! Get out there and get yours!

Leave the whinging about interest rates and inflation to the beta twat losers. Of course they can't figure out how to make money when the shit hits the fan. But that's not your problem. The alphas figure it out and make money when the going gets tough.

I know the SS check taxes seem like a little thing but attention to small details add up.

And can we talk for a bit about taxes on dividends?

I mean, those profits were taxed at the corporate level. So taxing them again when they flow through to shareholders just seems like double dipping don't it? I'm not saying let's get rid of it all together right now; at least not until we raise the middle class tax rates to compensate.

But what if we dropped it to say, 5%. That seems fair for the second taxing doesn't it?

Just think about it, that's all I ask.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Inflated numbers and weaker currency. The American dollar is not worth near what it once was. Don't be fooled
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:

that’s rich coming from you
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:25 pm
Inflated numbers and weaker currency. The American dollar is not worth near what it once was. Don't be fooled
Randy, sometimes I fear that you don't know what you're talking about, and to compensate, you'll say anything because you're too weak to admit that you don't know, or when you're wrong.

See this chart, it's the value of the US Dollar relative to other currencies over a 20-year period, from Oct 3, 2003 - Oct 3, 2023. Do you notice anything about the chart? For instance, that it is trending up and to the right. When things, like the dollar index, go up and to the right, it's when they're gaining value, not losing it.

So, I guess we can subtract "economics" from that long list of things you're always right about, right? And by "subtract", I mean "remove".

The U.S. dollar index — which benchmarks the greenback against a basket of major currencies — rose more than 7% since mid-July.

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

You realize a growing number of countries is switching away from the American dollar right?

Where does that fit into your little chart

The average American wouldn't be stressed over buying gas and groceries if the American dollar was getting stronger
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Since the creation of the Fed, the American dollar has been trending in the wrong direction at a fast rate. So no its not all bidens fault. But what has happened recently sure hasn't helped
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:58 pm Since the creation of the Fed, the American dollar has been trending in the wrong direction at a fast rate. So no its not all bidens fault. But what has happened recently sure hasn't helped
In your opinion, which direction is the "wrong direction"?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:47 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:58 pm Since the creation of the Fed, the American dollar has been trending in the wrong direction at a fast rate. So no its not all bidens fault. But what has happened recently sure hasn't helped
In your opinion, which direction is the "wrong direction"?
I suggest he changes his username from randylahey to randymarsh and uses this as his profile pic.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Man, I sure am glad that I make enough money to not be paralyzed by groceries and gas increasing in expense.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I'm not "paralyzed" by it but it does affect me - in a negative way. Financially.
Problem is YOU (and to to a lesser degree I) are not like many (most?) Americans.
People are hurting. Enough so that I seriously believe it not only may be, but very possibly will be, a major difference maker in who wins the 2024 election.
A solid campaign strategy might be for Trump to change his slogan/mantra from MAGA to - Are you better off today than you were when I was President?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:35 am I'm not "paralyzed" by it but it does affect me - in a negative way. Financially.
Problem is YOU (and to to a lesser degree I) are not like many (most?) Americans.
People are hurting. Enough so that I seriously believe it not only may be, but very possibly will be, a major difference maker in who wins the 2024 election.
A solid campaign strategy might be for Trump to change his slogan/mantra from MAGA to - Are you better off today than you were when I was President?
But that's the bitch of it, right?

The real issue is that all MAGA actually does is make the right mouth-noises about common enemies. Coastal elites. Brown invaders. Usurpers of a certain religious and ethnic background. MAGA policies actually do precious little for anyone below middle- (or even upper-middle) class.

One of the craziest macro things about the political freakout of our last ten (thirty?) years is that the MAGA base is very, very, very heavy on people whose actual lives, on the ground, simply would be objectively better (in terms of tangible things like access to healthcare etc.) with the stronger social programming the Democrats support.

Please don't misunderstand: I am NOT saying qualitatively better - DC has a point when he says everything is culture wars, and it's not for me to tell Joe or Mike or Laura or Ashley what makes their lives "good" or "bad". But purely from a macro standpoint, programming supporting lower- and middle-class folks simply IS much more a policy priority for the Ds than it is for the Rs.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I would rather my tax dollars get spent feeding a lot of underserved children than buying $2,000 staplers
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

well when you put it that way....

wait, is the stapler electric and have autopilot tho?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Let’s just leave this one here.

https://x.com/abuhafsah1/status/1714905 ... 8ZiR9WCcTg

(The word “complicit” comes to mind)
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:26 am well when you put it that way....

wait, is the stapler electric and have autopilot tho?
It is only powered with enough juice to keep the LoJak fired up
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:35 am I'm not "paralyzed" by it but it does affect me - in a negative way. Financially.
"Better off"; is that in financial terms or "owning the libs"? When the shit hit the fan during the covid outbreak the rubes got checks for $1200 from trumplethinskin. Some whoo were already well off got more than 100X that much as tax free dividends. Tell me more about how trump and the Rs help the little people.

"The economy" is cover for the cult members to vote for the treasonous rapist agent of chaos who talks about fucking his own daughter. Their adoption of "inflation" as an important voting issue is cherry picking of financial issues to glom onto to justify their fealty to their cult leader. If trump were still president they would be applauding the job numbers and increased wages and net worth and down playing inflation because that is what Fox would be telling them that is what is most important.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:57 pm You realize a growing number of countries is switching away from the American dollar right?

Where does that fit into your little chart

The average American wouldn't be stressed over buying gas and groceries if the American dollar was getting stronger
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/dxy

3 years ago the US Dollar Index was at 92.77

Today it is at 106.30.

The average American wouldn't be stressed over buying gas and groceries if companies weren't inflating prices to generate record profits for their stockholders and oil producing countries who have an axe to grind with the US weren't manipulating supply to control prices.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:14 am
But that's the bitch of it, right?

The real issue is that all MAGA actually does is make the right mouth-noises about common enemies. Coastal elites. Brown invaders. Usurpers of a certain religious and ethnic background. MAGA policies actually do precious little for anyone below middle- (or even upper-middle) class.

One of the craziest macro things about the political freakout of our last ten (thirty?) years is that the MAGA base is very, very, very heavy on people whose actual lives, on the ground, simply would be objectively better (in terms of tangible things like access to healthcare etc.) with the stronger social programming the Democrats support.

Please don't misunderstand: I am NOT saying qualitatively better - DC has a point when he says everything is culture wars, and it's not for me to tell Joe or Mike or Laura or Ashley what makes their lives "good" or "bad". But purely from a macro standpoint, programming supporting lower- and middle-class folks simply IS much more a policy priority for the Ds than it is for the Rs.
Bingo! YOU get it.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Smart investors understand that there is really only one currency worth owning right now.

https://www.moneymetals.com/trump-gold-coin/390

The reviews on the right hand side of the webpage tell you everything you need to know.