Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:25 pm Image
https://x.com/ronfilipkowski/status/176 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Montage of 32 clips from Trump’s two speeches yesterday where he mispronounced words, got confused, mixed up names, forgot names, and babbled insane nonsense.
In my opinion, this stuff is just different in kind. Especially the slurring and phonetic transpositions.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Aging versus destroyed brain. Some good analysis on Trump's decline. Like I said earlier, he would be wise to retire from the scene using legitimate incapacity outs due to his lack of reasoning skills for his many trials.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think it is unlikely he will even debate. “Rigged” this, “lamestream media” that, etc.

Especially with the border nonsense finally appearing to be breaking through to voters, the best card he’s got left with whatever undecideds there are is Biden’s age.

I do not think it would be a good idea for him to give people a side by side comparison.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I'd be much more worried about Biden in a debate than Trump.

Biden has nothing to gain. If he just stays alive enough of us dislike Trump enough that Biden should win even though he's going to continue to decline mentally/physically over the next 4 year term.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:47 am I'd be much more worried about Biden in a debate than Trump.

Biden has nothing to gain. If he just stays alive enough of us dislike Trump enough that Biden should win even though he's going to continue to decline mentally/physically over the next 4 year term.
I strongly disagree on nothing to gain.

Biden ducking the debate would be gasoline to the bullshit fire, for one. And the longer Trump remains plausibly close in the polls, the more incentive there is for outside fuckery.

And it is now crystal clear that Republicans are openly courting (if not participating in) it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

trump will just coke his way through it

reports out now that speed and xanax were prominent in the trump whitehouse

(Rolling Stone)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

You think Trump does cocaine?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m not convinced he doesn’t
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:52 am
DeletedUser wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:47 am I'd be much more worried about Biden in a debate than Trump.

Biden ducking the debate would be gasoline to the bullshit fire, for one. And the longer Trump remains plausibly close in the polls, the more incentive there is for outside fuckery.

And it is now crystal clear that Republicans are openly courting (if not participating in) it.
I don't think Biden is going to steal any Trumpers away from Trump.

I also don't think Biden is going to excite any non voters to vote.

I think he can perform poorly enough in a debate to chase voters into the non voting or throw away vote bucket.

Neither are sharp. But Trump's side doesn't care if he lies or says dumb/inaccurate shit.

I think Biden should lay low until he wins.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

A cognitive test to be president? Sure. Try this one.

Over the past several weeks, it has been proposed that the leading candidates for president of the United States be administered cognitive tests to determine their mental acuity. This, generally, is worrying. Under the circumstances, however, it is a good idea. I suggest that each candidate answer the following:

1. What year is it?

2. What country do you live in?

3. Is that country a democracy or a dictatorship?

4. Let’s get that in writing, please.

5. Put the following words in the correct order: respecting an establishment of religion Congress shall make no law.

6. Draw a person.

7. Draw a fertilized egg.

8. Are the two different?

9. Draw a clock.

10. How many minutes from midnight is this clock?

11. Is it good or bad that it is that close to midnight?

12. Who is the president now?

13. Who won the last presidential election?

14. Should these answers be the same?

15. “If Pennsylvania does not pick the winner for president, they are going to change the name of the state.” Does this statement make sense?

16. Here is a picture of Vladimir Putin. Can you see any friends in this picture?

17. If two people were engaged in a contest to win the most of something, and Joe won 306 but Don won only 232, who would have won that contest: Joe or Don?

18. Which of the following is a good place to store classified documents: (a) garage (b) bathroom (c) library (d) none of the above?

19. Here is a picture of the Supreme Court. Circle the people on it who owe you, personally, favors, if the system is functioning as it should.

20. How many terms does the president get to serve?

21. If the blue house is made of bricks, the red house is made of bricks, and the orange house is made of bricks, what should the White House be doing to prevent civilian deaths?

22. Should the president’s children get jobs in the administration?

23. What year is it again?

24. Is this a year when we have a king?

25. Make a perfect phone call.

26. Bend over and pick a classified document up from the floor. Bend over and pick up another classified document. Keep picking them up until you have gathered them all.

27. Where is Kate Middleton? Oh, just figured I’d ask.

28. Do you know how much money you are worth?

29. What number world war comes next?

30. The 14th Amendment! Good or bad?

31. As best as you can recollect, what form of government is the United States?

32. Does the United States have a dictator?

33. What about just for Day 1 of an administration? [If yes, answer questions 33a through 33e. If no, proceed to Question 34.]

33a. Really? Are you serious?

33b. What do you mean “stop asking questions”?

33c. Or else what?

33d. *palely* Yes, understood, would you like to proceed directly to Question 34?

33e. What can an informed citizenry facing two candidates who are both flawed but not at all equivalently dangerous do to stop this?

34. Draw another clock.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Dr. Lance Dodes is a former clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and a training and supervising analyst emeritus at the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute:

By now it is very old news that Trump is an apparent sociopath whose efforts to present himself as a godlike savior is no more than a long con intended to hide his goal of gaining power and control and to conceal his absence of a normal conscience. His recent claim to be the savior of Christianity is remarkable only for the fact that anyone falls for this transparent lie. Christianity is centrally about love for one’s fellow man and is the direct opposite of Trump’s life of abusing, cheating, lying, and obvious racism. That religious people don’t see his statements that he is suffering to save others as transparently dishonest manipulation and obvious blasphemy, is a measure of his ability to convince others to ignore their own eyes. This capacity for deceiving others is the same as other psychopathic tyrants who have been able to seize power via the “Big Lie” technique of endlessly repeating their claims of greatness while inventing others to blame for the troubles from which people suffer.

The vulnerability of human beings to being manipulated by conscience-free liars is universal…

https://www.salon.com/2024/03/04/online ... ic-battle/
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:03 am

I think he can perform poorly enough in a debate to chase voters into the non voting or throw away vote bucket.

Neither are sharp. But Trump's side doesn't care if he lies or says dumb/inaccurate shit.

I just disagree.

I think if Trump has any way to characterize Biden as the one who is unwilling to show up, Trump's hand gets much stronger - perhaps strong enough to win. You can look at this very message board for examples of people who are, in my opinion, biting on the false equivalency when every other thing they say should point them toward an easy Biden vote.

The tell here will be that Trump will try to frame his own cowardice as - instead of an implicit admission that he's falling apart cognitively - Biden's.

An easy example to watch for will be Trump demanding hilariously inappropriate rules or processes or whatever, which Biden will not accept, and then Trump will frame that as Biden feebly ducking the debates.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:24 am
DeletedUser wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:03 am

I just disagree.

I think if Trump has any way to characterize Biden as the one who is unwilling to show up, Trump's hand gets much stronger - perhaps strong enough to win. You can look at this very message board for examples of people who are, in my opinion, biting on the false equivalency when every other thing they say should point them toward an easy Biden vote.

The tell here will be that Trump will try to frame his own cowardice as - instead of an implicit admission that he's falling apart cognitively - Biden's.

An easy example to watch for will be Trump demanding hilariously inappropriate rules or processes or whatever, which Biden will not accept, and then Trump will frame that as Biden feebly ducking the debates.
I don't necessarily disagree with any of that fwiw.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

why would anyone vote for any candidate that is not capable of participating in a debate.

do you idgits hear yourself. You are trying to convince yourself that it is proper to support a candidate that doesn’t have the capacity to debate the opponent.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:33 am why would anyone vote for any candidate that is not capable of participating in a debate.

do you idgits hear yourself. You are trying to convince yourself that it is proper to support a candidate that doesn’t have the capacity to debate the opponent.
Let's put a pin in this one!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I say hold the debate between Obama and Trump in Vaseagueq. Mercedes will be there.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Trump would debate Joe Biden.

Trump would not debate Michelle Obama.

I'd pull my pinky toe nail off right now for Michelle Obama (or about 100 other people) to run on the Dem ticket instead of Biden.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:50 am Trump would debate Joe Biden.

Trump would not debate Michelle Obama.

I'd pull my pinky toe nail off right now for Michelle Obama (or about 100 other people) to run on the Dem ticket instead of Biden.
Today In: Choosing fashion over function.

Yours truly,

Someone who wears comfortable shoes > 99% of the time.
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Youse guys keep getting better and better at this.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

This might belong in the Republican Christo-Fascist and/or Republican War On Women threads, but it's bound to have a significant impact on the '24 election, so I put it here.

Life
Anand Giridharadas