Ugh.
Deleted User 89

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:42 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:40 am
TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:28 am

Oregon forests are terribly mismanaged in my humble opinion
it’s a weird, convoluted situation in most places, where there are multiple entities looking after the same relative stretch of land

in the Black Hills, you’ve got 1) Custer State Park, 2) the Black Hills and Galena Nat’l Forests (USFS), and 3) Mt. Rushmore (NPS)

i’d argue that the state does the best job in that instance. there is a ton of investment in thinning and clearing undergrowth. but, there is also greater incentive because the state park is such a huge tourist draw.

i’m not familiar enough with your area, but my suspicion is that you’ve mostly got national forests, yes?

Yes. With some blm land and some crp land
i hadn’t considered crp land...no idea who even manages it

edit: another hand in the mix...USDA
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dont think anyone manages crp. It doesnt appear so anyway
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:44 am Our forests arent managed at all.

Although....i recently saw an opportunity that im going to try and get an endorsement on my license to apply for where they are looking for private contractors to clear culverts and thin areas within 50 yards of the service roads. Would be a sweet gig.
yeah it would

my FIL works for BNSF, and i admittedly get jealous when he tells stories of working on the line in those remote areas...particularly in the PacNW. some of the pictures he gets are out of this world. places and views almost nobody ever sees, unless you just happen to be on the railroad
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:47 am I dont think anyone manages crp. It doesnt appear so anyway
i used the term “manage” liberally
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:47 am
TDub wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:44 am Our forests arent managed at all.

Although....i recently saw an opportunity that im going to try and get an endorsement on my license to apply for where they are looking for private contractors to clear culverts and thin areas within 50 yards of the service roads. Would be a sweet gig.
yeah it would

my FIL works for BNSF, and i admittedly get jealous when he tells stories of working on the line in those remote areas...particularly in the PacNW. some of the pictures he gets are out of this world. places and views almost nobody ever sees, unless you just happen to be on the railroad
Guaranteed federal money. No one else out there. The dream ha.

Its like 6,500 a week plus mileage too. Would be a business builder.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Sure glad Joe reassured us none of our allies are questioning our credibility. It's the "exact opposite" according to Joe.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:36 am Sure glad Joe reassured us none of our allies are questioning our credibility. It's the "exact opposite" according to Joe.
Rooting for the other side is your obsession, isn't it?
Deleted User 863

I mostly just root for the president not to tell stupid lies.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Suddenly abandoning the Kurds that defeated ISIS so that they could be slaughtered by the Turks - that loses credibility.

Miscalculating, by a lot, the amount of time the Afghan military could hold out against the Taliban - that's a relatively minor hit to our credibility compared to the former.
Deleted User 89

but that doesn’t fit the attempted narrative
Deleted User 863

Ahh the old whataboutism.

"This can't be that bad because dontcha remember trump did something worse!"
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:32 am Ahh the old whataboutism.

"This can't be that bad because dontcha remember trump did something worse!"
Just pointing out your hypocrisy and the difference in degree between them, which you constantly ignore in attempts to keep us in check.
Deleted User 863

It's just funny to me, especially after the last 4 years, to see some of you doing the EXACT same things you bitched about Republicans doing for Trump. Making excuses. Shifting blame. Whataboutisms. Etc.
Deleted User 89

that’s because you’re an idiot and don’t understand things like basic definitions of words and phrases
Deleted User 863

If you say so.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:50 am It's just funny to me, especially after the last 4 years, to see some of you doing the EXACT same things you bitched about Republicans doing for Trump. Making excuses. Shifting blame. Whataboutisms. Etc.
Or some of us don't seem to feel that this is worthy of the impeachment/25th Amendment chatter as the GOP and the media are claiming.

There is no realistic ending to our involvement in Afghanistan that would end with all involved happy. There will always be more people who feel that they should have been securely removed to the US. I felt the same way before Trump took office and I felt the same way after Trump made a deal with the Taliban.

The only difference between this and what Trump agreed to is that Trump believed the meaningless word of the Taliban while Biden believed the meaningless word of the Afghan government.
Deleted User 89

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 17416.html

Plans for controversial gold mine near world’s largest sockeye salmon run are blocked

EPA will use Clean Water Act to protect the unspoiled Bristol Bay fishery in Alaska
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

"Use my powers to get bad governors out of the way"??

Now. just for fun...lets imagine Orange man said this. this place would explode.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

TDub wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:34 pm "Use my powers to get bad governors out of the way"??

Now. just for fun...lets imagine Orange man said this. this place would explode.
Haha ya it'd go nuts.

"Donald Trump’s EPA administrator, Scott Pruitt, allowed the mining company to apply for a permit, but the one-term president’s administration eventually denied the permit."

I guess regardless of who/how/why, i prefer to see this kind of stuff happening. Protecting the environment is a top 2 or 3 issue for me.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

At this point, what’s the argument against protecting the environment?

It’s either, you’re too worried about making money off fossil fuels, or you’re too worried about owning anyone who thinks they know better?