NFL Offseason 2021

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NFL Offseason 2021

Post by pdub »

I wonder if a guy like Alex Leatherwood or Jalen Mayfield would fall into the early/mid 2nd and if the Chiefs could risk taking best available with their 1st and then package a deal to move up in the 2nd to nab one of those two possible tackles.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:33 am I wonder if a guy like Alex Leatherwood or Jalen Mayfield would fall into the early/mid 2nd and if the Chiefs could risk taking best available with their 1st and then package a deal to move up in the 2nd to nab one of those two possible tackles.
I agree with you here—that would be a very smart decision as I am betting some OL talent is the sleeper variety that the Chiefs generally feast on.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:33 am I wonder if a guy like Alex Leatherwood or Jalen Mayfield would fall into the early/mid 2nd and if the Chiefs could risk taking best available with their 1st and then package a deal to move up in the 2nd to nab one of those two possible tackles.
Love Jalen Mayfield. I think the Chiefs have a preference of Tevin Jenkins from Oklahoma State and then Mayfield.

Brady Christensen from BYU in like round 3 may not be a bad selection either.

But just get ready, they're probably going to draft a WR. Would love Josh Palmer from Tennesee. Production wasn't there because Tennessee stunk, but he's a stud.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Toney has been linked to the Chiefs.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And he'd be an awful fit. He's 5'11 180. You already have that on your roster.

Chiefs need someone with some size. Right now they have 3 tiny WRs and one who is tall but lacks production. Toney is not that different from Hardman. I would HATE that pick.

Go get 6'2 210 Josh Palmer, let him fill in Sammy's role and go from there. The last thing KC needs is another gadget receiver.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:38 am And he'd be an awful fit. He's 5'11 180. You already have that on your roster.

Chiefs need someone with some size. Right now they have 3 tiny WRs and one who is tall but lacks production. Toney is not that different from Hardman. I would HATE that pick.

Go get 6'2 210 Josh Palmer, let him fill in Sammy's role and go from there. The last thing KC needs is another gadget receiver.
Soooo true. Injuries should have taught us a lesson too. Punishment is a thing after a catch
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:24 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:38 am And he'd be an awful fit. He's 5'11 180. You already have that on your roster.

Soooo true. Injuries should have taught us a lesson too. Punishment is a thing after a catch
Sammy Watkins just read this. He is out 3-4 weeks because of it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Chiefs trade post.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It was a very good trade for the Kansas City Chiefs!
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

Holy shit, giving away a shit-ton of picks. I would rather have a tackle, but man, that's a superstar level package. Draft got a little more boring for Chiefs fans.
Deleted User 865

Oh Fuck, Brown only has one year of his contract left. Feels like Chiefs are desperate. I don't like the deal without have more years of service on the table.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The draft-knowers are saying that, when you factor in the moving pieces, the Chiefs gave up value equivalent to the 38th pick. You do that for Brown in a heartbeat, even with the contract to be dealt with.
Deleted User 865

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:43 pm The draft-knowers are saying that, when you factor in the moving pieces, the Chiefs gave up value equivalent to the 38th pick. You do that for Brown in a heartbeat, even with the contract to be dealt with.
Sounds like they are trying to work out a contract that wasn't going to get done with Brown in Balt. I don't think the Chiefs can make this deal without reasonably expecting to extend Brown. If we get Brown for at least the next 3-4, this isn't as bad. If you trade the picks for one year of a tackle, I don't see how this can be viewed as a good deal. I mean, they could've got him on the open market next year, and drafted whomever they wanted. First round picks are usually for stars under contract.
Deleted User 865

I really hope we can get a long-term deal done. Since the cap is a myth in KC, seeing a six-year contract would really make this an awesome trade.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Isn't every player not named Mahomes and maybe Kelce kind of on a one-year deal at Chiefs?
Deleted User 865

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 pm Isn't every player not named Mahomes and maybe Kelce kind of on a one-year deal at Chiefs?
Nah, there's a lot of 3-4 year deals out there. Most of the names out there other than I think Frank Clark have at least 2 years left.
Deleted User 865

BTW, shouldn't we question why the Ravens, a presumed top 3 AFC team, would fill the single hole that the Chiefs have? Are they conceding the Chiefs are far and away #1, and it's going to have to Any Given Sunday the Chiefs in the playoffs, or are the Ravens signaling they have issues they need to draft to fix? I get Brown only has one year left, but I got to imagine there are other teams needing tackles, and the Ravens have to presume a new deal will get down with Brown.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

vega wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:16 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 pm Isn't every player not named Mahomes and maybe Kelce kind of on a one-year deal at Chiefs?
Nah, there's a lot of 3-4 year deals out there. Most of the names out there other than I think Frank Clark have at least 2 years left.
Well I mean more in the sense that 1-year deals are more favorable to the Chiefs right now than almost all other teams.

NFL contracts don't seem to be worth the parchment they are printed on, and I can't imagine the Chiefs are going to f*ck with a guy that's not worth it past 1 season.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

vega wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:12 pm Oh Fuck, Brown only has one year of his contract left. Feels like Chiefs are desperate. I don't like the deal without have more years of service on the table.
Chiefs traded for Frank Clark and then signed him to an almost immediate extension. Likely the scenario here.

Deleted User 865

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:22 pm
vega wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:12 pm Oh Fuck, Brown only has one year of his contract left. Feels like Chiefs are desperate. I don't like the deal without have more years of service on the table.
Chiefs traded for Frank Clark and then signed him to an almost immediate extension. Likely the scenario here.
You mean the worst contract on the team?

Not saying Brown will underperform, just that didn't work out well for the Chiefs. Also, we offered I think 80mm over 4 for Trent Williams. This is probably that money, with maybe some more years since this is only Brown's second contract, and is going to want to get that money.