Kansas Football.
Cascadia

Re: NFL Offseason 2022

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:33 am "Maybe slightly overpaid"

Lol.
Understatement right here.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 3#slide_17
You should talk to your therapist about this. Maybe go halfsies with gutter? It's really becoming a problem.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Because I responded about an NFL contract on the football bored you're off to the insults again.

Checks out.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

You throwing a temper tantrum about Clark's contract every time we start talking about the Chiefs checks out as well.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not worth it.

We get it. You're better than the rest of us.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:35 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:30 am
Cascadia wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:18 am

100% agree on the RB point.

But we disagree on other. It's all about how you build the roster and the specific units. Again, this isn't Madden, so you can't structure contracts and force trades to end up with Adams, Chase, Hill, Cupp, Samuel and Jefferson as your WR unit, which is what the fanboi's want. (not accusing you of being a fanboi)

Again, loved Hill, sucks he's gone but you can rebuild the WR unit to be just as good as last years. Will KC actually accomplish that? We'll see, but it's definitely doable.
I don't think you can replace the talent of Adams, Chase, Hill, Kupp, Samuel, Jefferson on the field, so I was deliberate with the term "impact on the field." You can go out and (possibly) replace the overall production, but big game when you need that big play/burner, etc., only the top end guys can give you that, and they change the entire gameplan for both units on the field. That's why I do think losing Hill makes the Chiefs offense less dangerous in the short term.
Eh, fair enough. Still disagree. You make teams change gameplans in a variety of ways. Have an Elite WR is just one of them
I don't think you can gameplan for a 34 step drop from Mahomes and launching a 70 yard pass over the safeties to the fastest receiver in the game. There's no defense for that, as we have seen.

It's a lot more situational, but I think the last two SB winners have shown, in a game scenario, you just can't defend a horde of top end talent. Rules change all the time of course, so it's fluid.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:45 am Not worth it.

We get it. You're better than the rest of us.
Us?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=870&p=240656&hilit=trumpers#p240656

Yes.

But for reals, how long is this temper tantrum going to last?
Last edited by Cascadia on Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Two Super Bowls ago was more due to a complete 2nd string offensive line.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:58 am
I don't think you can game plan for a 34 step drop from Mahomes and launching a 70 yard pass over the safeties to the fastest receiver in the game. There's no defense for that, as we have seen.

It's a lot more situational, but I think the last two SB winners have shown, in a game scenario, you just can't defend a horde of top end talent. Rules change all the time of course, so it's fluid.
But that's just it. That's Mahomes, not Hill. There are other guys out there who can run 4.3

I'm not saying Hill isn't a special talent, he definitely is. For my money he's the best WR in football. I just can't see how you justify that kind of money for that position when you can build an entire very good, maybe top end if your smart, WR unit for that amount of money.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:04 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:58 am
I don't think you can game plan for a 34 step drop from Mahomes and launching a 70 yard pass over the safeties to the fastest receiver in the game. There's no defense for that, as we have seen.

But that's just it. That's Mahomes, not Hill. There are other guys out there who can run 4.3

I'm not saying Hill is a special talent, he definitely is. For my money he's the best WR in football. I just can't see how you justify that kind of money for that position when you can build an entire very good, maybe top end if your smart, WR unit for that amount of money.
You're talking about something completely different with the money situation. I am just saying losing him makes that offense worse. It's unquestionable, imo. And, as much as I disagree with some on here that he's a top 3 route runner, etc., he's definitely much more than just a 4.3 guy.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I didn't mean to imply he's just a '4.3 guy'.

But one of the reasons KC couldn't get better #2 and #3 receivers was because they paid Hill so much money.

Also, the Patriots won the Super Bowl 8 years ago with
**Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola and Brandon Lafell

They won the Super Bowl 6 years ago with
**Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Malcolm Mitchell and Chris Hogan

They won the Super Bowl 4 years ago with
**Julian Edelman (no other WR's with at catch)
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We're arguing way different points. Rock Chalk.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hill is a top 3 WR mostly because of his speed - and speed is very important. Excellent agility. He also has a good vertical.

But he's not a top 10 route runner.
Or top 10 catcher/hands guy ( he might not even be top 25 here ).
He doesn't have size or strength to break tackles.

If he looses even a bit of that speed, he's suddenly not an elite guy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Some noteable WR's within 5 picks or lower of our Miami draft pick over the last few seasons.

AJ Brown.
DK Metcalf.
Deebo Samuel.
Terry McLaurin.
Diontae Johnson.
DJ Moore.
Marquise Brown.
Tee Higgins.
Michael Pittman Jr.
DJ Chark.
Courtland Sutton.
Christian Kirk.
Elijah Moore.
Brandon Aiyuk.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

If Hill isn't the best WR in the league, he's second. He's that good and fundamentally changes how defenses play in a way no other receiver does. That said, the offense will be different but could be just as efficient. Gotta get some help at receiver, though. Mahomes will have to learn to play a way he hasn't so far in his career. All can be done.

The bigger issue is the terrible, terrible defense with multiple holes.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

hasbeen wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:16 pm If Hill isn't the best WR in the league, he's second. He's that good and fundamentally changes how defenses play in a way no other receiver does. That said, the offense will be different but could be just as efficient. Gotta get some help at receiver, though. Mahomes will have to learn to play a way he hasn't so far in his career. All can be done.

The bigger issue is the terrible, terrible defense with multiple holes.
Exactly, and now you have 4 additional rookie contract starters and $20M in cap space to fill those holes.

Again, love Hill and this sucks, but this is how you build championship rosters
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

With this new cap space is there room for Mathieu? Could him and Reid play together?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think Davante Adams, Jamar Chase, Steph Diggs and maybe Justin Jefferson are better.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

They loved playing three safeties last season so I'm sure they could make it work. It has the added benefit of ensuring Soresen's career is over. But I think they just signed a guy out of Chicago to fill that role.

I don't get the sense the Badger wants anything to do with Kansas City at this point.

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:24 pm I think Davante Adams, Jamar Chase, Steph Diggs and maybe Justin Jefferson are better.
I think that no, you are wrong.

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We will see how he does in Miami.
He's had the best QB over the last 4 years throwing to him in KC.

This guy doesn't have Tyreek in his top 5.
https://www.nfl.com/news/who-are-the-nf ... estion-and

I forgot about Kupp and Deebo - but i'd give it to Tyreek over those 2.