2022-23 CBB Season

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: 2022-23 CBB Season

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:36 pm Apparently Bacot just left the game injured against 13 Virginia
They still might win.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:54 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:51 pm Holy shit, ISU...
Called it a couple weeks ago that I really like what ISU was doing. They’re damn good.
UCF, BYU and Cincy are going to get smoked when they join.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Cincy is fine, they’ll go close to .500 but BYU and UCF are not fine.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:25 pm Cincy is fine, they’ll go close to .500 but BYU and UCF are not fine.
Probably. Just imagine Cincy struggles early as they were not even competitive with Houston this past weekend.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Soooo Shaka back to being a pest of a coach? Marquette is looking good. That’s his sweet spot. A school like that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... -race/amp/

Ranking candidates for college basketball's national player of the year: Purdue's Zach Edey leads tight race

3. Jalen Wilson, Kansas
PPG: 20.0 | RPG: 8.8 | FG PCT: 40.7%

How has No. 2 Kansas managed to maintain a championship-level trajectory after losing stars such as Remy Martin, Ochai Agbaji, Christian Braun and David McCormack from last year's squad? There are several answers, but none stand out more than Wilson. The redshirt junior is leading the Big 12 in scoring at 20 points per game and is second in rebounding with 8.8 boards per game.

He's shooting a career-best 34% from 3-point range and has reached double figures in every game this season. Wilson is averaging a career-best 2.7 assists per game and shooting a career-best 76.4% from the free-throw line. He is also getting to the charity stripe for 5.6 attempts per game. In an oft-undersized Kansas rotation, Wilson's versatility at 6-8 makes him a perfect marquee player for coach Bill Self's squad.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

JW is an example of why the Bryce Thompson types running away for more playing time is often a short sighted solution to their adversity.

He has shown great patience. Instead of running from adversity/competition he stuck it out, worked his ass off, got better, and now it's his turn to be the guy.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

To be frank, I get your point but Bryce is a bad example. Dude was probably never going to be a double digit scorer consistently for KU or a consistent starter. He's doing that with Oklahoma State now. Good for him.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:11 pm To be frank, I get your point but Bryce is a bad example. Dude was probably never going to be a double digit scorer consistently for KU or a consistent starter. He's doing that with Oklahoma State now. Good for him.
Bryce looked way bigger when we played him. Needed to mature both mentally and physically.

Sucks when a legacy doesn't work out.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Texas might be in this league race after all.

That said, we could all make predictions on what the standings are a month from now and get completely unique answers and most if not all of them would not be bad guesses.
Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:11 pm To be frank, I get your point but Bryce is a bad example. Dude was probably never going to be a double digit scorer consistently for KU or a consistent starter. He's doing that with Oklahoma State now. Good for him.
Maybe a bad example with Bryce. He was just a recent example of a guy running away from competition in favor of more playing time.

But I doubt many thought DH or KJ would be multi year starters either. Or double digit scorers.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Dajuan a double digit scorer?

Maybe next season. If not, then the next one, lol.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

SUPER SENIOR DAJUAN HARRIS HERE TO WRECK FOOLS!

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:45 pm JW is an example of why the Bryce Thompson types running away for more playing time is often a short sighted solution to their adversity.

He has shown great patience. Instead of running from adversity/competition he stuck it out, worked his ass off, got better, and now it's his turn to be the guy.
I wonder what kinda minutes Jalen woulda ended up with as a freshman if he didn’t get hurt

Or, I wonder what kinda minutes Bryce woulda ended up with as a freshman if he displayed some natural skill coaches love, like Jalen’s ability to gobble up boreds
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:22 pm Texas might be in this league race after all.

That said, we could all make predictions on what the standings are a month from now and get completely unique answers and most if not all of them would not be bad guesses.
Texas has rebounded when I thought they'd fall off.

They might be wise to keep their interim head coach and give him a chance?

Feels like a 2 horse league race. I think we win by 2+ games though. Our home court is a big advantage. I figured we'd lose 3-5 league games....but it feels like we already flipped 2 or 3 losses into wins. So i am guessing we finish with 1-3 losses now. We are so good in close games, it'll just be hard for some of these teams to beat us.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:29 pm Dajuan a double digit scorer?

Maybe next season. If not, then the next one, lol.
Or was the key word there.

KJ is averaging 10+ this year.

But, DH is already at 8.6 and that is with a slow stretch early in the season. He's going to continue to get better, so next season a 10pt average wouldn't be surprising to me.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:46 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:45 pm JW is an example of why the Bryce Thompson types running away for more playing time is often a short sighted solution to their adversity.

I wonder what kinda minutes Jalen woulda ended up with as a freshman if he didn’t get hurt

Or, I wonder what kinda minutes Bryce woulda ended up with as a freshman if he displayed some natural skill coaches love, like Jalen’s ability to gobble up boreds
At best he'd have consumed Enaruna's 10ish minutes per game.

Don't think he'd have taken any of SDS or DMacs minutes.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm thinking 13-5 or 14-4 for KU. 13 good enough for a share. 12 might be, too.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:57 pm I'm thinking 13-5 or 14-4 for KU. 13 good enough for a share. 12 might be, too.
this seems reasonable

i don’t see any way ANY team makes it through without at least a few losses…the league is just too tough this year
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:01 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:57 pm I'm thinking 13-5 or 14-4 for KU. 13 good enough for a share. 12 might be, too.
this seems reasonable

i don’t see any way ANY team makes it through without at least a few losses…the league is just too tough this year
Any road win is a great win. And right now Kansas State of all teams has performed the best on that.

I haven't seen KenPom projections, but it surely has KU and Kansas State as the 2 league favorites in some order. (Texas may be in there, though)