NBA Playoffs

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I have shared this before.
If you play where is Waldo/Bobby Portis (before the Bools drafted him) you can find Gutter.

https://twitter.com/BullsArchive/status ... 6515107842
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:52 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:38 pm Tough playoffs for the refs so far. Yikes.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdT4sVVF ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Numerous times every game I say to myself that it's difficult to keep watching because of the poor officiating.
That and it's embarrassing NBA players have become as bad as soccer players in regards to acting.
There is a funny Kyle Lowry one. I will see if I can find it.

Here it is...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcjggBllqi ... MyMTA2M2Y=
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

One of these players is going to end up beating the shit out of a fan for doing shit like this. And I won't blame them for it. Wtf is wrong with people?

Also, wtf is wrong with CP3 the last 2 games? 2 of his worst performances of the entire season.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Markieff sighting
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Jayhawk on Jayhawk crime!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If I were to vote based on the existing rules for mvp, I’d vote Joker.
If I were to vote on how the rules should be, extending into the playoffs, I’d vote Embiid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:03 am If I were to vote based on the existing rules for mvp, I’d vote Joker.
If I were to vote on how the rules should be, extending into the playoffs, I’d vote Embiid.
Why? Jokic was better in every statistical category than Embiid. You'd basically just be rewarding Embiid for how his team performed in the 2 games he wasn't there while punishing Jokic for not missing any games.
Deleted User 863

Embiid won the scoring title. First Center since Shaq to do it.

Both are worthy recipients.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:34 am Embiid won the scoring title. First Center since Shaq to do it.

Agreed, I wouldn't have argued against either of them winning it. But I wouldn't have changed my vote based on the playoffs as Jokic was insanely good.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:48 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:34 am Embiid won the scoring title. First Center since Shaq to do it.

Agreed, I wouldn't have argued against either of them winning it. But I wouldn't have changed my vote based on the playoffs as Jokic was insanely good.
Same.

I do think voting should be done after the playoffs are completed. It's an important part of the season when determining an MVP.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Was close for all 3 at the top.

The argument for Embiid would be being tied for best record among the 3 frontrunners, despite missing a few games and being in the deeper conference. This was also without having a real #2 player most of the season as well as dealing with major drama on that front. Less importantly, but still factually true, is that it was an improvement of record from last season when the Sixers finished first.

In other words, it is not an MOP award.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:29 am
pdub wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:03 am If I were to vote based on the existing rules for mvp, I’d vote Joker.
Why? Jokic was better in every statistical category than Embiid. You'd basically just be rewarding Embiid for how his team performed in the 2 games he wasn't there while punishing Jokic for not missing any games.
This is assuming, because I think it will happen with Embiid back, the 76ers make the Eastern conference finals. And because I think Embiid is more important to his team than Jokic.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:54 am

The argument for Embiid would be being tied for best record among the 3 frontrunners, despite missing a few games and being in the deeper conference. This was also without having a real #2 player most of the season as well as dealing with major drama on that front. Less importantly, but still factually true, is that it was an improvement of record from last season when the Sixers finished first.

Jokic led the league in most advanced stats this year related to "valuable". Highest Win Share, highest offensive box plus/minus, highest defensive box plus/minus, highest total box plus/minus, highest value over replacement player. He has also led the league in PER the last two seasons.

For an NBA that is allegedly all about shooting threes, the three best players are these two big lumbering centers plus a 7 foot Giannis.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:03 am
twocoach wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:29 am
This is assuming, because I think it will happen with Embiid back, the 76ers make the Eastern conference finals. And because I think Embiid is more important to his team than Jokic.
So Jokic would be more "valuable" if the 2nd and 3rd best player on his team in Porter and Murray were playing and the team advanced further?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:08 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:54 am

Jokic led the league in most advanced stats this year related to "valuable". Highest Win Share, highest offensive box plus/minus, highest defensive box plus/minus, highest total box plus/minus, highest value over replacement player. He has also led the league in PER the last two seasons.

For an NBA that is allegedly all about shooting threes, the three best players are these two big lumbering centers plus a 7 foot Giannis.
That's why they have 100 voters. Most Valuable Player of the League is just so subjective.

Joel really passes the fear test, though. An unstoppable force.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Watching Embiid in the playoffs, he's amped his defensive intensity back up, and you can see what a force he is on both sides of the floor. Joke is a better defensive player than people assume but Embiid can be elite on both ends - Joker cannot.

If Embiid can get to the Conference finals, with a busted face and hand, after what this season has served up for him, he'd get my vote.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

On that note, because it's a regular season award, I don't have much argument for Joker:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/338 ... ive-season
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:03 am I think Embiid is more important to his team than Jokic.
I don't. I think that aspect is too close to call. I think both teams would suck without those 2. Supporting casts are comparable when factoring in that Harden was only there for a portion of the year, and Murray and MPJr were out all year. Tobias Harris would be the 2nd best player on Denver right now imo.

With Embiid or Jokic neither team sniffs the playoffs imo.

I do think Embiid is slightly better at defense than Jokic. But even that is close.

Embiid is more fun to watch.