who ya got?

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: who ya got?

Post by TDub »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:34 am
TDub wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:24 am
sdoyel wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:07 am Covid spike in 3,2,...

https://twitter.com/projectlincoln/stat ... 78978?s=21
While I agree with you that it is stupid. Where was your outcry for other gatherings? Covid doesnt care what yoir cause is.
What other gatherings? This particular arena has been closed due to Covid19. Now it suddenly makes the exception for the rally... Protesting outside vs rallying shoulder to shoulder in an enclosed arena is tad bit different isnt it?
Its different because you believe (probably correctly) that one is justified and one isnt. Does coronavirus make that distinction?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:53 am Where I am at there are no angry mobs and no pep rallies. Just good folks living the best they can.
Vermont?

https://youtu.be/nKcUOUYzDXA
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:53 am Where I am at there are no angry mobs and no pep rallies. Just good folks living the best they can.
Well then everything must be fine.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:15 am Image

Also, it's a virus not a fungus. There's a huge difference.
Folks could care less, irregardless.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:01 pm
sdoyel wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:34 am
TDub wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:24 am

While I agree with you that it is stupid. Where was your outcry for other gatherings? Covid doesnt care what yoir cause is.
What other gatherings? This particular arena has been closed due to Covid19. Now it suddenly makes the exception for the rally... Protesting outside vs rallying shoulder to shoulder in an enclosed arena is tad bit different isnt it?
Its different because you believe (probably correctly) that one is justified and one isnt. Does coronavirus make that distinction?
No but it has a higher likelihood of being passed between individuals indoors vs. outdoors.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Anyone else think the reason Klobuchar withdrew from consideration for VP is because even most Dems see this as a throw away administration solely to defeat Trump that will face heavier than normal opposition? I think it would be harder for Klobuchar to run for Pres in 2024 if she served as Biden's VP than if she doesn't. I really hope she is the '24 Dem nominee.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Maybe. Or maybe she withdrew from consideration because she found out she wasn't going to be the eventual pick? Hard to say either way. I don't think she was going to be the pick at this point anyway, it is (was) likely going to be a woman of color.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

How sad is it that we have people choosing people for a very important job based on their sex and what color their skin is. This goes against all logic and reason, and you could even say it is racist.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 62

Walrus wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:22 pm How sad is it that we have people choosing people for a very important job based on their sex and what color their skin is. This goes against all logic and reason, and you could even say it is racist.
JFC, when are you scheduled for your next time out?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Why you want to silence people who make factual statements that you are uncomfortable with?
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 62

Walrus wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:18 pm Why you want to silence people who make factual statements that you are uncomfortable with?
English?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Walrus wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:22 pm How sad is it that we have people choosing people for a very important job based on their sex and what color their skin is. This goes against all logic and reason, and you could even say it is racist.
Logic and reason suggest that a democracy won’t be hurt by more diverse leadership. You could even say it’s representative.

How sad is it that we have people choosing people for a very important job based on their sex and what color their skin isn’t.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

What is it that is not factual? Biden has said he "will choose a woman..." and now I'm hearing it must be a woman who "is not white." What is incorrect? Did he not state this?

If Trump said, "I will only choose a candidate that is white", that would be racist, right? It's the same thing Biden is doing.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:59 pm Anyone else think the reason Klobuchar withdrew from consideration for VP is because even most Dems see this as a throw away administration solely to defeat Trump that will face heavier than normal opposition? I think it would be harder for Klobuchar to run for Pres in 2024 if she served as Biden's VP than if she doesn't. I really hope she is the '24 Dem nominee.
I think it’s more to do with the fact that everything that she did as a prosecutor in Minnesota would be relitigated and would be a big distraction. Several instances of her record were already brought up. Good call overall.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

zsn wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:55 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:59 pm Anyone else think the reason Klobuchar withdrew from consideration for VP is because even most Dems see this as a throw away administration solely to defeat Trump that will face heavier than normal opposition? I think it would be harder for Klobuchar to run for Pres in 2024 if she served as Biden's VP than if she doesn't. I really hope she is the '24 Dem nominee.
I think it’s more to do with the fact that everything that she did as a prosecutor in Minnesota would be relitigated and would be a big distraction. Several instances of her record were already brought up. Good call overall.
Yeah, I suppose it's hard to have two people with long political histories on the ticket together. That's a lot of decades of out of context voting records to drag through the muck. Trump will try to turn everything into ammunition so it's probably good to limit that together.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:34 pm
Logic and reason suggest that a democracy won’t be hurt by more diverse leadership. You could even say it’s representative.

How sad is it that we have people choosing people for a very important job based on their sex and what color their skin isn’t.
I do think in this situation the current social climate is playing a big part in it...but i don't think that's necessarily a "bad" thing though. It is just reality. It is also reality that it is LONG overdue. A woman president is also long overdue. Both will happen in the next decade or so I am almost certain.

I will say, that Biden won't get any praise from me for making it happen. "The people" behind the movement deserve the praise. It feels like some tangible change is beginning to happen, but this is just the beginning. It will take generations for the work to be anywhere close to complete.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

FTR it was a Biden “gaffe” which pushed Obama and others on the same-sex marriage bandwagon. Don’t think most people know or appreciate that
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:38 pm What is it that is not factual? Biden has said he "will choose a woman..." and now I'm hearing it must be a woman who "is not white." What is incorrect? Did he not state this?

If Trump said, "I will only choose a candidate that is white", that would be racist, right? It's the same thing Biden is doing.
The fact that almost all major party presidential tickets have been filled by white males is a strong indicator that race and sex have always been important factors in choosing a running mate. So why is it you only care in this instance? I don't remember you ever posting about this in the past.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I don't "only care only in this instance" -- not sure where you came to that conclusion. If the best candidate happens to be a woman, then great. My point is, a job should be chosen on merit and who is the best person for the job. I had no issue with Clinton being a woman, but rather, she was as corrupt as they come. Obama won because he appeared to be the best candidate -- same with Trump. The main point I'm making here is that if you are about to go under for a life-threatening surgery, are you going to ask if the team of surgeons are "diverse" or are you going to be more interested if they do their job well? The fact we have had more men presidents is just a natural thing in nature -- men tend to thrive in leadership roles.