21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:37 pm EJ>Harris. Don’t @ me.
I agree.
Can I @ you?

With a Michigan win, we mighta beaten Florida, to make the Final Four. Ejs career different story. Intentionally trying to loose the game would never have mattered. Dont @Sparko me.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That Michigan loss was quite bad for me as I had to hold back from being completely locked in to the game to still hang out at a family event full of football but not basketball fans.

The game was on and I just wanted to find another room full of people who actually cared, ie a room with just me as I was miles away from KU fans ( Perry Ellis was showing potential carried over from the B12 tourney ), and then they got interested when the game got close just bc now it was a good game. But you need to understand, you dont want it to be a good game for both teams, just for Kansas.

When Burke hit the NBA 3, I still can remember the "ohhhhhh", a sound that youd hear at a BWW full of people who just were excited that something amazing happened with no dog in the fight, without understanding that a die hard fan was stabbed deeply and bleeding.

I had to pretend like I wasnt devastated after the loss and be happy for some bullshit Easter deal the next day.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:20 pm randy sounds scared that a healthy Bobby is a threat to his boy
Na. I like them both. I just find it unlikely these day that dajuan yesefu cuffe and pettiford all ride out their career here. theres always some transfers.

pettiford looked really good the beginning of the season for a true freshman. has good passing and pick and roll instincts. I think him and yesefu could be really good together. but we know dajuan is going to play big minutes the rest of his career too
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:29 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:23 pm I like Bobby.
I think he's got that disruption on defense and some good speed.
In the end, I don't care who gets the PG starting spot next year as long as they're good.

But now, just a little bit of me wants Pettiford to surprise and be better than Yes, b/c randy calls our own players trash, unless it's Yes shooting 2/3 with 0 assists and all of a sudden he's NPOY Frank Mason.
i actually like Yes

i just think he gets into trouble when he tries to do too much…which has been too often for my liking (and Bill’s, apparently)

he needs to be a lock-down defender, and drive and distribute

we’ve already got the outside shooting covered
hes gotten a lot better about that this year. which is why he plays a lot more now. his biggest adjustment coming to kansas was learning to do less and not force his offense as much
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:23 pm I like Bobby.
I think he's got that disruption on defense and some good speed.
In the end, I don't care who gets the PG starting spot next year as long as they're good.

But now, just a little bit of me wants Pettiford to surprise and be better than Yes, b/c randy calls our own players trash, unless it's Yes shooting 2/3 with 0 assists and all of a sudden he's NPOY Frank Mason.
you guys just won't let that one go huh? SENSITIVE. For the last time dont take everything so damn seriously its a message board. I would love if pettiford sticks around and is better than yesefu next year, because I think yesefu is going to be really solid next year.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Ok, EJ may have been 6'3 or 4. But he only played PG because freshman Naads was the only other option. EJ was so awful in the Michigan game that people forget how bad he was the entire year, save a couple good games.

Point being, if Cuffe ever plays point, it's either because we had a big recruiting miss or his skills improve a LOT. Not meant to be a knock on him, I'm very excited to see him play. Just not point guard. Or combo guard.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

EJ was lightning quick and could score in the 30s. He could also take minutes off. Or nut-punch.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

elijah was bad against michigan. sherron was awful against northern iowa. who cares. 1 game doesnt define a career. elijah was a really good college player. explosive combo guard. he was unguardable at times. he just wasn't a perfect fit as a lone guard floor general. was more of a "2"
Haters need a reminder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JknPW9Bkbs
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Slowly warming to Harris.............................
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

hasbeen wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:14 am Slowly warming to Harris.............................
The more people talk shit on his game, the more I love him.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:22 am
hasbeen wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:14 am Slowly warming to Harris.............................
I've probably been the biggest Harris hater on this board, but his appeal is apparent when Och and others are in a groove.

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you’ve been wrong all season.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICH's senility is just rapidly morphing him into a Trump impersonator.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:54 am you’ve been wrong all season.
Aging dudes bitter about changes to the game are Harris' demographic, so this checks out.

- lobser
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

DMac
Wilson
CB
Och
Dajuan

Mitch
Remy

Yes
JCL
KJ
Zach
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Qusdahl wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:07 am DMac
Wilson
CB
Och
Dajuan

Mitch
Remy

Yes
JCL
KJ
Zach
Not too far off from what we expected.

Let's fire off 7 more wins and cut down some nets!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

hasbeen wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:53 am
I've probably been the biggest Harris hater on this board, but his appeal is apparent when Och and others are in a groove.
Sort of the definition of "winning in spite of."

Harris is a useful player when used correctly.

The problem is that Bill has a habit of not being very good at using guys like him correctly (specifically, cutting bait when it's clear that what he can give you is not what you need).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:14 am
hasbeen wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:53 am

Sort of the definition of "winning in spite of."

Harris is a useful player when used correctly.

The problem is that Bill has a habit of not being very good at using guys like him correctly (specifically, cutting bait when it's clear that what he can give you is not what you need).
Other than watching Derrick Rose just cook his guards alive and knowing he had to go with the more talented Sherron, there's just not a lot of examples of him cutting bait with his guards.

That said, the media sure seem to think that this is a sign that Remy is going to continue to get extended and even more run, so let's see it.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Harris will never look very good when the stars around him struggle. He is a facilitator.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:18 am Harris will never look very good when the stars around him struggle. He is a facilitator.
Something will have gone wrong if Yesufu doesn't pass him by next year. Yesufu is so, so obviously more athletic and talented.