Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: 2024

Post by MICHHAWK »

mitch mcconnell only gets one vote. he votes for one candidate, you vote for the other. you cancel his vote. whatever your problem is. solved.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Oh, look, more Republicans:

The Lincoln Project

State of the Party
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Great ad. Wow.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:25 am mitch mcconnell only gets one vote. he votes for one candidate, you vote for the other. you cancel his vote. whatever your problem is. solved.
Low information voters are the problem. Please send your vote telepathically, Mich.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i plan on canceling out your vote.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Oh, look, another Republican:

Former Trump-Backed Candidate Wanted in Vegas Killing Turns Self In -

"A former Republican congressional candidate who was endorsed by ex-President Donald Trump is being held by authorities in the deadly beating of a man at a hotel on the Las Vegas Strip last year, according to local police.

Daniel Rodimer, who was backed by Trump during his failed 2020 campaign for a U.S. House seat in Nevada's 3rd Congressional District, turned himself in to authorities at Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, around 6 p.m. Wednesday, according to Las Vegas CBS affiliate KLAS citing the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD).

An arrest warrant was issued earlier in the day for Rodimer, who is a suspect in the killing of 47-year-old Christopher Tapp on October 29, 2023, after Tapp allegedly offered cocaine to Rodimer's stepdaughter during a party at Resorts World Las Vegas, according to police. Tapp previously served two decades in prison after being convicted"...
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Trump wants to execute drug dealers.
Trump was sent by God.
Seems like this guy was just doing God's work.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:48 pm Trump wants to get applause and money from rubes by saying he wants to execute drug dealers.
Trump was sent by God.
Seems like this guy was just doing God's work.
Unfortunately (or fortunately), see this correction.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I saw one hot take of a comment:

Rather than try to appeal to/so to offset loosing the “Free Palestine” or various other progressive groups, Biden is banking on picking up the Nikki Haley voters instead.

*shrug*
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:11 am What the hell am I watching?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234983528/

:lol:
What kind of countertops are those?

*pours one out for t_jayhawk*
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:11 am What the hell am I watching?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234983528/

:lol:
Hilarious. It's a level of corny overacting I would expect to see from a Moms of Liberty speech at a local school board meeting.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:30 pm i plan on canceling out your vote.
You mean we stopped doing the Electoral College? Nice!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:25 am
japhy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:02 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:11 pm

Sure. Fine.

But it's not gonna happen. None of it.

So...there's that.
But THIS part has already happened.
I didn't think a political figure would ever lose an election in the US and foment a violent insurrection and direct the crowd to take over the US Capital and stop the peaceful transfer of power, but it happened. We still haven't rehabilitated that. Until the majority of rubepublican voters admit it was a coup attempt and admit their cult god-king trumpty is lying about losing the election I will not consider that "rehabilitated". Four years later he is still repeating the lie and sane conservatives are leaving office to distance themselves from the mess because they think things get worse in November and they want no culpability. How long before the conservative party is rehabilitated from being the conspiracy party?

I didn't think a politician could lose an election, attempt a coup and then run for office again and stand a realistic chance of getting elected with the support of a "conservative law and order party". How long do you figure for that rehabilitation to take?

I never thought I would see a political party turn conspiratorial and undermine our healthcare system and medical care. And here we are four years later and Floriduh is telling the folks they can git vaccinated if you want, but if you want to restart measles as a national health menace that is your right. A serious blow to the nation health and healthcare is being dealt by the rubepublican party, how long you figure to rehabilitate that?
But the rest is not gonna happen. Got it.
I do not think it makes sense to look at, you know, what happened and conclude that somehow it will improve with fewer restraints and greater moral hazard.
If the Supreme Cons declare that presidents have absolute immunity from criminal prosecution it will likely be a sobering moment for trumpty dumpty, he will possibly take a step back, reflect upon his past missteps and stay to himself; "I WILL do better."

He is God's Chosen One after all.

Only Satan would unleash the spawn of hell upon us and grant him absolute immunity....or Uncle Clarence and crazy Ginni.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Meanwhile Trump, leader of the US cult of fascism, i.e., Republicans, meets with Victor Orban, and it's just another day in America that the ends in the letter "y". That this passes in any way as "normal" should scare the shit out of all of us. Mitch McConnell and senate Republicans could have put a stop to this, but chose their political careers over America. If you can keep it...

Viktor Orban is Hungary’s Prime Minister and has been 15 years. This week, he met with the Heritage Foundation, sponsors of the 2025 Project. The 2025 Project is basically Orban’s playbook for how he transformed Hungary into a dictatorship. He is meeting with Trump today.

Andrea Chalupa
@AndreaChalupa

What's life like in Orban's Hungary, the most corrupt country in the EU? Miserable, especially if you're a child (high malnutrition rates), a young adult, a woman, LGBTQ+ person and ally, a refugee, and anyone with an open mind

Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Here's Don with another winning message (note that I have tried to include paragraph breaks for clarity, but there's only so much you can do turning chicken word shit into chicken word salad).

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/11/cnbc-tr ... oday-.html
PRESIDENT TRUMP: So first of all, there is a lot you can do in terms of entitlements in terms of cutting and in terms of also the theft and the bad management of entitlements, tremendous bad management of entitlements. There’s tremendous amounts of things and numbers of things you can do. So I don’t necessarily agree with the statement. I know that they’re going to end up weakening social security because the country is weak.

And let’s take a look at outside of the stock market, are, we’re going through hell. People are going through hell. If they have and I believe the number is 50%. They say 32 and 33%. I believe we have a cumulative inflation of over 50%, that means people are, you know, they have to make more than 50% more over a fairly short period of time to stay up. They’ve gotten routed. The middle class in our country has been routed and the middle class largely built our country and they have been treated very, very badly with policy.

When I was president, I was doing a job, we’re going to start to pay off debt. We were drill baby drill. We were producing oil but we were going at a much higher level oil and gas. We were doing, you know, we were third when I started and when they ended we were one by a longshot and we were very close, we’re energy independence, we’re very close to becoming energy dominant Joe, we’re gonna be dominant so dominant, like double what Saudi Arabia and Russia were doing. And we were on that path. We were gonna be paying down debt.

We were doing, we were doing a lot of things and then we got hit with Covid. We did a fantastic job with Covid. But nobody, nobody wins with Covid. I guess China found that out because they also really got hit very hard also, but nobody wins with Covid. And so we had to get to we had to do other things. We had to help. You know, if I didn’t do the expenditures that we didn’t do the kinds of things we did for the economy, we would add in 1929 type depression.

And I had to say out in front of it, and we did we did a great job on that and we did with all of the things we’re coming up with Regeneron doing so much else, getting all because you know we had empty when I came in, we had empty, I call them empty cupboards. We had empty shelves, we didn’t have equipment, we didn’t have the gowns, we didn’t have the ventilators. We didn’t have anything. This country wasn’t prepared for a thing like that. And I’m not even blaming anybody in that. Because, you know, when when it came, nobody thought the pandemic would ever happen again. It sounds like an ancient’s problem, not a problem that you’d have you know at that time, you know, in modern, very modern age. It was like an ancient thing.

We you know, who, who would ever show I’m not blaming anybody, but we had empty cupboards, and I got them stocked and I got them stocked fast. And we did a great job with it. Never got credit. I got credit for the greatest economy. I got credit for foreign policy. I got credit for knocking out ISIS and not going into wars. But we beat ISIS, but I never got the credit for having done a great job with that.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Like the ramblings of a mental patient
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My head hurts.
Defense. Rebounds.