COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

COVID Vax -> Free Krispy Kreme -> Heart Disease -> 100's of 1000's of deaths.

Lobster knew all along.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Lobster's COVID vax death count rises by 10.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Can't argue with the facts.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:52 pm COVID Vax -> Free Krispy Kreme -> Heart Disease -> 100's of 1000's of deaths.

Lobster knew all along.
Videogame addiction is a serious and growing problem. And thus the vax death count rises.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-cit ... -autopilot
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:28 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:52 pm COVID Vax -> Free Krispy Kreme -> Heart Disease -> 100's of 1000's of deaths.

Lobster knew all along.
Videogame addiction is a serious and growing problem. And thus the vax death count rises.

Work from home. Donuts. Video games.

The conspiracy against the boomers is completing.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:46 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:28 pm

Lobster knew all along.

Work from home. Donuts. Video games.

The conspiracy against the boomers is completing.
And of course, once people are vaxxed, they will move about more. That means more carbon emissions, leading to exacerbated global warming, leading to extinction.

The shot has us cornered.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i blame bill gates
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^^

Ever since beav got the second shot, I’ve been enjoying a solid 4 bars of uninterrupted 5G service.

#silverlinings
Deleted User 89

first shot scheduled for the 30th. got the wife in on the 27th

#goodhusband
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Ok, I am sincerely happy for those of you who have been vaccinated but to be brutally honest, it fricking pisses me off that I can't get vaccinated in the city of Chicago.
Everyone has valid excuses why they "need" to be vaccinated but here I am, a 54 year old guy with a heart condition and lung issues (who has an 87 year old mother who hasn't seen her daughter, son-in-law, brother, nieces, nephews, grand kids, great grand kids, etc. in over a year because she was afraid to travel and now needs me to travel with her to go visit these people) and I can't get a fricking vaccine. As far as my mother's predicament involving my being vaccinated (or not), yes, some of them can come visit her but some can't.
I just want to get vaccinated and my frustration rises each and every day when I see and hear about people I know who are NOT "high risk" people and are able to just show up and get a vaccine and I can't even get on a fricking waiting list.
It's JUNK!
Deleted User 89

any estimate on when you’ll be eligible in chicago, gutter?

they just this week opened utah up to all adults. it took me refreshing the site most of the morning to get the time slots i did...otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to get vaccinated until the 16th
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:43 pm first shot scheduled for the 30th. got the wife in on the 27th

#goodhusband
My tier is up in MO on 3/29. I have an appointment on 3/29.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Grandma wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:09 pm I can't get vaccinated in the city of Chicago.
Something that was successful for some people in the KC metro late feb/early march was being willing to drive to a rural area.

Pain in the ass, but yes, it's frustrating and varies so much place-to-place, state-to-state, etc.
Deleted User 289

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:51 pm
Grandma wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:09 pm I can't get vaccinated in the city of Chicago.
Something that was successful for some people in the KC metro late feb/early march was being willing to drive to a rural area.

Pain in the ass, but yes, it's frustrating and varies so much place-to-place, state-to-state, etc.
I truly appreciate the suggestion/recommendation.
I would rent a car (or take Uber) in a second if I was able to get vaccinated in the suburbs.
I have been led to believe that it doesn't matter if it's a "mass vaccination site" or a local pharmacy in the burbs, it's extremely difficult to get vaccinated in the suburbs - especially as a resident of the city.
I have gone on-line to Walgreens, CVS, Zoc-Doc, and Dr. B, and have signed up for notifications of if/when there is availability for me to get vaccinated. Two weeks later, I am yet to be notified by any source I have used.
A family friend who is a nurse gave me a "code" to get vaccinated at the United Center but when I went to use the code it said the maximum amount of people have used the code. Meanwhile, it showed available appointments. Basically impossible to get in touch with someone to try and get an "appointment".
Being that my primary care physician is affiliated with Northwestern, I have been told I will be notified when the vaccine is/was available at Northwestern and that it should be in a week or so. That was 2 weeks ago.
There is a new "phase" in Chicago and Illinois that begins on Monday that might make things even more difficult because it enables people who were previously not eligible - to now be eligible.
It's just mind blowing to me that someone I know who lives in Florida, who is in perfect health, and who has been completely negligent in regards to Covid, walked right in to a "facility" and got vaccinated yesterday while someone such as me who has has legitimate (diagnosed) heart and lung issues, and has been diligent in following CDC guidelines and recommendations, can't get vaccinated anywhere in the Chicagoland area.
Not sure who specifically I should blame but I do feel something is amiss.
Deleted User 289

Right on cue....

Dr.B

Dear (Gutter),

Thank you for being part of Dr. B’s mission. We created Dr. B to make distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine more efficient and more equitable, through a standby list that prioritizes patients first by risk factors and then by signup order.

In a few short weeks, with your help, we built Dr. B and surpassed two million signups nationwide. As glad as we are that so many have signed up, we are even more delighted to take people off the list, by helping them receive the vaccine.

For a couple weeks already, vaccine providers have begun distributing doses to patients on Dr. B’s list. We are working around the clock to continue onboarding providers and distributing doses.

We deeply appreciate your support. You can help advance the mission by sharing Dr. B with family and friends.

---------

Ok, so if I chose to be a selfish f*ck why would I possibly want to "Help advance the mission by sharing Dr. B with family and friends" if it meant it puts more people on the list and lessens my chances to get the vaccine?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

You could get vaccinated in Lawrence this weekend if you'd fly/drive out.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Grandma wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:23 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:51 pm

I truly appreciate the suggestion/recommendation.
I would rent a car (or take Uber) in a second if I was able to get vaccinated in the suburbs.
I have been led to believe that it doesn't matter if it's a "mass vaccination site" or a local pharmacy in the burbs, it's extremely difficult to get vaccinated in the suburbs - especially as a resident of the city.
I have gone on-line to Walgreens, CVS, Zoc-Doc, and Dr. B, and have signed up for notifications of if/when there is availability for me to get vaccinated. Two weeks later, I am yet to be notified by any source I have used.
A family friend who is a nurse gave me a "code" to get vaccinated at the United Center but when I went to use the code it said the maximum amount of people have used the code. Meanwhile, it showed available appointments. Basically impossible to get in touch with someone to try and get an "appointment".
Being that my primary care physician is affiliated with Northwestern, I have been told I will be notified when the vaccine is/was available at Northwestern and that it should be in a week or so. That was 2 weeks ago.
There is a new "phase" in Chicago and Illinois that begins on Monday that might make things even more difficult because it enables people who were previously not eligible - to now be eligible.
It's just mind blowing to me that someone I know who lives in Florida, who is in perfect health, and who has been completely negligent in regards to Covid, walked right in to a "facility" and got vaccinated yesterday while someone such as me who has has legitimate (diagnosed) heart and lung issues, and has been diligent in following CDC guidelines and recommendations, can't get vaccinated anywhere in the Chicagoland area.
Not sure who specifically I should blame but I do feel something is amiss.
There are listservs and twitter accounts that automatically show when appointments open up in certain areas. Not sure if you have looked into those.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Everyone in Texas is eligible starting next week. Going to be chaos getting that scheduled...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

At this point I could prob get vaccinated sooner than later, but more than anything I’m feeling chicken, because needles.

Couldn’t they just like put the vaccine on a q tip and shove it up my nose or something? Even that was much better.