who ya got?

Ugh.
Walrus

Re: who ya got?

Post by Walrus »

Mjl, I'm not sure who that question was directed at.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Anyone complaining that both candidates suck.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Well, all I can say is that I thought there were better options than Biden. I'll admit that I don't think any of them were great, but I would much rather have someone like Andrew Yang or Tulsi in the race.

At the moment, my biggest concern is the recession. I personally believe we're only in the 2nd or 3rd inning of what is going to become a huge problem. I am concerned the social unrest could become much worse when people have no income and have lost their savings.
Last edited by Walrus on Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Every candidate is billed as a centrist that will put smart people in high positions and listen to them.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:36 pm Every candidate is billed as a centrist that will put smart people in high positions and listen to them.
No they aren't. Have you seen the Republican candidate?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mjl wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:28 pm Anyone complaining that both candidates suck.
I liked Bill Clinton, i liked Obama for the most part.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:36 pm Every candidate is billed as a centrist that will put smart people in high positions and listen to them.
Not every Dem candidate was billed as a centrist. You surely can't claim that with a straight face.

Biden was probably the furthest right of any of the Dem candidates except for maybe Gabbert.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

I hate to be petty, but I would like justice to be served here.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/89937556 ... rosecution
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NiceDC wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:34 am I hate to be petty, but I would like justice to be served here.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/89937556 ... rosecution
It is going to take an enormous amount of willpower (and firepower) to do the very-deep dive that needs to be done.

It does need to be done. Not just to secure justice in individual cases, but also to really understand everything that's happened, and why. It's imperative that, should we be fortunate enough to see the light of a new administration come January, we do not just run the hell away from whatever it was that happened.

But that's going to be hard.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Meanwhile the GOP will be screaming banana republic while throwing their own feces.

I think one of the best paths to justice starting on Jan 21 is the fact that Trump broke so many norms that it opened the path for this sort of investigation/prosecution to happen.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Biden seeks to clarify comment that Latino community is diverse, 'unlike the African American community'

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/06/politics ... index.html

He simply just shouldnt talk. Just be quiet and beat trump. Then resign and let the VP take over.

JFC how did this guy beat the other dems to win the nomination? Candidates like Klobuchar are/were clearly better options...Biden cant help himself. He constantly says offensive/stupid things (nowhere near the extent of Trump obviously, but that doesnt make it any better).
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Be honest Illini, YOU really have no fucking clue if Amy Klobuchar is/was a "better option".
To me, it's 100% opinion - and not fact.

My opinion is Joe is way past his prime and I am legitimately concerned about his age and mental well being.
Fact is, he has always been a walking/talking gaffe machine. It's even more prevalent now.
He's a 77 (78 on Inauguration day) year old man who is clearly showing signs of aging and mental deficiency.
What made the Dems feel he was the best candidate? Especially when he's running against a man who is 74 years old and shows signs of mental deficiency. That could be and should be the number one focus (the reason) why people should not be voting for Trump and the guy the Dems have running against him suffers from the same ailment/s. I just don't get it.

My next conundrum - Forgive my ignorance but why do so many people feel he "must" choose a female African American to be his VP? I am not at all against it but I just don't see how it helps him enough to be the difference maker in his getting elected or not. Now if he decides NOT choose a female African American, will he suffer more than he will benefit from his decision?

I have abstained from voting for a President in the past. I would abstain in 2020 but I feel I MUST vote against Donald Trump. If I had to vote today, I would do such. I won't be happy if Biden gets elected but I would be less upset than if Trump did/does.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s a bummer that this guy gets labeled as the radical one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDkO0V3n50R ... g53law12j1
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Gutter, I think he should pick a black VP nominee because he said he would. My choice would be Duckworth. She is a badass. I liked Kamala, but she would never unbutton her shirt.

Let’s face it: Trump and Pence are pussies. Duckworth would mop them on the floor. I would let her campaign in the upper Midwest and Ohio and Pennsylvania. She’s Presidential.

Amy will be on the Supreme Court. So will Kamala.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

honestly, broadly speaking Biden wasn’t wrong with his comments

hispanic americans come from a much more diverse background than do african americans

much of that has to do with the way they are lumped into the two groups

most of the african americans are descendants of slaves, while a hispanic american is considered by many to be someone from anywhere south of the border...be it mexico or argentina

the other fucked up thing, is that much of the world hears “American” and immediately assumes US. many of my colleagues from South America take offense, as well they should
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:58 am Be honest Illini, YOU really have no fucking clue if Amy Klobuchar is/was a "better option".
To me, it's 100% opinion - and not fact.

My opinion is Joe is way past his prime and I am legitimately concerned about his age and mental well being.
Fact is, he has always been a walking/talking gaffe machine. It's even more prevalent now.
He's a 77 (78 on Inauguration day) year old man who is clearly showing signs of aging and mental deficiency.
What made the Dems feel he was the best candidate? Especially when he's running against a man who is 74 years old and shows signs of mental deficiency. That could be and should be the number one focus (the reason) why people should not be voting for Trump and the guy the Dems have running against him suffers from the same ailment/s. I just don't get it.

My next conundrum - Forgive my ignorance but why do so many people feel he "must" choose a female African American to be his VP? I am not at all against it but I just don't see how it helps him enough to be the difference maker in his getting elected or not. Now if he decides NOT choose a female African American, will he suffer more than he will benefit from his decision?

I have abstained from voting for a President in the past. I would abstain in 2020 but I feel I MUST vote against Donald Trump. If I had to vote today, I would do such. I won't be happy if Biden gets elected but I would be less upset than if Trump did/does.
My assumption was that primary voters chose him because he was deemed the safest bet to beat Trump. I personally wish that he would have never thrown his hat in the ring.

I feel Biden must choose an African American woman because he said he would and the damage of not doing that would be severe. Dems cannot afford to have black voters sit out like the young Bernie voters did in 2016 because that cost Clinton the election.

I am voting against Trump and his administration. I cannot deal with 4 more years of this chaos, ineptitude and moral depravity. I need some boring, competent adults in charge for a few years. Biden will get us to 2024 while cleaning up some of the mess made by Trump and then we can start fresh in 2024 and start to make some progress forward out of this repulsive era.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:47 am Biden seeks to clarify comment that Latino community is diverse, 'unlike the African American community'

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/06/politics ... index.html

He simply just shouldnt talk. Just be quiet and beat trump. Then resign and let the VP take over.

JFC how did this guy beat the other dems to win the nomination? Candidates like Klobuchar are/were clearly better options...Biden cant help himself. He constantly says offensive/stupid things (nowhere near the extent of Trump obviously, but that doesnt make it any better).
I hope Klobuchar runs again in 2024; she would get my vote without hesitation.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Leawood wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:20 am Gutter, I think he should pick a black VP nominee because he said he would. My choice would be Duckworth. She is a badass. I liked Kamala, but she would never unbutton her shirt.

Let’s face it: Trump and Pence are pussies. Duckworth would mop them on the floor. I would let her campaign in the upper Midwest and Ohio and Pennsylvania. She’s Presidential.

I think it'll be Harris. I think it was down to Rice and Harris. Ultimately, I think the one thing Biden just can't afford is to give Trump a path toward inflaming the anti-Hillary crowd.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:04 pm
Leawood wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:20 am Gutter, I think he should pick a black VP nominee because he said he would. My choice would be Duckworth. She is a badass. I liked Kamala, but she would never unbutton her shirt.

I think it'll be Harris. I think it was down to Rice and Harris. Ultimately, I think the one thing Biden just can't afford is to give Trump a path toward inflaming the anti-Hillary crowd.
Interesting that according to CNN the only candidate that he is confirmed to have met with so far is Gretchen Whitmer. Van Jones said tonight that while she is absolutely deserving and qualified if he picks her it will piss a lot of people off.

I can't help but wonder if him saying he would announce and then delaying is because he wanted her and his team had to change his mind last minute that not picking a woman of color could be a big blow to his chances to win.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I read that as Gretchen Wilson. Thatd be a helluva surprise pick
Just Ledoux it