Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by jhawks99 »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:38 pm

Never use a preposition to end a sentence with
This one was actually in my 8th grade grammar book.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mrs 99's favorite restaurant is Texas Roadhouse. They usually get my steak right and she likes it so I get hubby points, win/win. We went Saturday before her shift at the hospital. We put our name in and gave them our phone number and they said they would text us in 5 to 15 minutes. After everyone around was was called, about 40 minutes later, Mrs 99 said we couldn't wait anymore and we will need to go somewhere else. I went in to check. They said they paged us "a long time ago" but we could be seated immediately. We did not receive a text, no apology was given.

Server did not want to be there. My ribeye was slightly over the med-rare I requested, but the thing was a salt lick. I choked on the 1st bite of it. No time to send it back so I scraped the top and drank lots of water.
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Cherokee purple is one of the best heirloom tomatoes out there. It’s a brandywine relative. It’s a mainstay in my garden along with San Marzano, orange strawberry and Costoluto Genevese.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

japhy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:15 pm
NotGutterGutter wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:40 pm Yes, those are air holes at the bottom but......
The cat was PISSED off. Wanted out.
My daughter has one of those. She walks her cat around Lawrence in it. She wears it in front, not behind though. Her cat loves the damn thing. She calls it his space capsule.
I'm totally cool with it if the cat enjoys it - or is even indifferent.
This cat was FREAKING out and the manner in which she was walking caused it to sway back and forth.
It was cruelty to me.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:47 pm
japhy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:15 pm
NotGutterGutter wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:40 pm Yes, those are air holes at the bottom but......
The cat was PISSED off. Wanted out.
My daughter has one of those. She walks her cat around Lawrence in it. She wears it in front, not behind though. Her cat loves the damn thing. She calls it his space capsule.
I'm totally cool with it if the cat enjoys it - or is even indifferent.
This cat was FREAKING out and the manner in which she was walking caused it to sway back and forth.
It was cruelty to me.
Sounds like that cat is a pussy.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

speaking of pussy...

how i’d never seen this episode until last night is beyond me

https://youtu.be/kJUotvfMI7Q
Deleted User 89

someone forgot about the parking brake

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/pickup-tru ... nch-mishap
shindig

Post by shindig »

Ha, years ago I tried to back a boat down the slip at Beaver Lake and could not keep the trailer straight. I began to get a little nervous as other people were showing up to launch. I ended up asking the dude next in line to back it down. Felt like a dumbass, but he was cool about it and I didn't end up doing what that guy did.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Backing trailers up sucks unless you do it a lot. Sometimes i feel like i have to relearn it each time.

Turn the wheel opposite way you want the ass to go, and small movements make big changes. Im not the best at it either.

We got my kids a electric side by side/gator for their birthdays....im building a trailer for it so when they get a little older they can start practicing the mechanics of how to do it.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

give me a 5th wheel over a bumper hitch all day, every day

so much easier
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:54 pm give me a 5th wheel over a bumper hitch all day, every day

so much easier
Definitely.

But, then you gotta have the appropriate hitch setup and preferably a flatbed.

Ive watched guys crunch the sides of their pickup with tight turns and without a flatbed.

Basic mechanics of the backup are rhe same but yes its much easier to control.
Just Ledoux it
shindig

Post by shindig »

TDub wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:47 pm Backing trailers up sucks unless you do it a lot. Sometimes i feel like i have to relearn it each time.

Turn the wheel opposite way you want the ass to go, and small movements make big changes. Im not the best at it either.

We got my kids a electric side by side/gator for their birthdays....im building a trailer for it so when they get a little older they can start practicing the mechanics of how to do it.
Yeah that's a good idea. I knew turning the wheel opposite, but I probably "over-turned" each time and began to panic as others were waiting. I mean, if I had another 30 minutes, I would of got her in the water...lol. Pulling a boat into a slip can also be a little nerve wracking, especially after a few beers and when the boat is not yours..lol.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Indeed. If you find yourself out of sorts. Drive forward. Resquare the trailer. Once your bitten its a bitch to get yourself situated by reverse turns alone.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

When my Dad first bought a camper he used to use a lot of bad words while backing into the driveway or campsite. Became kind of a running joke for a while. After a while, he got pretty good at it.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

we’ve got a 17’ camper now, and it’s much more of a pain in the ass to back than the 30’+ 5th wheels that i’ve had experience with

slow and steady regardless...and small corrections. most of the time, it seems, you get into trouble by over-correcting
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Yeah, the first 4,000 trailers I backed up were tense.
The next 20,000 went much smoother.
shindig

Post by shindig »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:35 pm we’ve got a 17’ camper now, and it’s much more of a pain in the ass to back than the 30’+ 5th wheels that i’ve had experience with

slow and steady regardless...and small corrections. most of the time, it seems, you get into trouble by over-correcting
My other failure at backing up a trailer into the water was with 2 seadoo's. I was probably a foot or two off the slip, told my brother fvck it, pull them off into the water...lol. Never again.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

shindig wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:46 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:35 pm we’ve got a 17’ camper now, and it’s much more of a pain in the ass to back than the 30’+ 5th wheels that i’ve had experience with

My other failure at backing up a trailer into the water was with 2 seadoo's. I was probably a foot or two off the slip, told my brother fvck it, pull them off into the water...lol. Never again.
PWCs are by far the hardest to back up.

Kind of the same in the water, I would much rather back a 60' boat into a slip than pull a 20' in nose first.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so this chick wants to randomly get outta town together for the weekend!

Most places in CO are options.

Where would you go???
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The Econolodge in Limon.
Defense. Rebounds.