Kenosha

Ugh.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Kenosha

Post by Sparko »

I acknowledge being angry at the president getting people killed in situations that should not be hard to calm down. Trump incites small minds to racist rage and gun fantasies. I think the protests have run their course and the ballot box is the thing to defend with our lives now. The Russian agent in the Whitehouse has set out to cause rioting and mayhem so he can avoid the actual law and order he richly deserves. Expending even a second defending the Trump militias is an evil endeavor and unworthy of any real patriot.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sparko wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:32 am Here is what actually happened according to eyewitnesses just trying to get home before police and others could slash the tires of their car:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 675987002/
interesting comments about the atmosphere leading up to and during the shooting.

I imagine we'll learn more and more, and maybe even get more and more video footage.

If Kyle was indeed pointing his gun at protestors, I suppose that's at least evidence of prior aggression?

and if there's some vid of him saying something like "I'll shoot to kill" or something prior, that'll be used as evidence of premeditation or malice aforethought, right?

Considering the reports of the atmosphere, it doesn't seem surprising that such a comment might surface.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the riots have subsided until the rioters have other instances to give them cover

as soon as there is another extrajudicial murder of an unarmed civilian by law enforcement, protests will ramp back up and the rioters right along with them
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

is that so? Because its on like day 93 in portland. And something like 77 of those days have been considered a riot.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

"rioting isn't part of protesting, just like murder isn't part of arresting"
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:02 am is that so? Because its on like day 93 in portland. And something like 77 of those days have been considered a riot.
i was speaking relatively, not absolutely

and considered a “riot” by whom, exactly?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I see.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:16 am
TDub wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:02 am is that so? Because its on like day 93 in portland. And something like 77 of those days have been considered a riot.

Portland government officials and police chief
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Walrus wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:21 am The disturbing part to this is that all three of the men who were shot were felons, one of them had a gun when he was not legally allowed to. He also brought it across state lines. He tried to murder Kyle, but failed. They all attempted murder, but failed. None of them have been charged. Why? Because they are on the "left".
lobster posted this in the dumbfuck thread but I think he meant it for here.

and for real what's your source for this?

and feel free to correct me actual lawyers, but even if all three of those dudes were felons, I'm not sure that does anything to help the kid's legal defense.

and once again, your comments come across as radically partisan.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:42 am I acknowledge being angry at the president getting people killed in situations that should not be hard to calm down.
Which situations should be easy to calm down? Hundreds of years of racial injustice? Black people (and reasonable people of all races) are fed up. This has been building, particularly since 2013 with Trayvon Martin....this is not an easy thing to calm down or fix. Trump has definitely made it much worse though. That is for sure.
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:17 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:16 am

Portland government officials and police chief
ummm...

https://katu.com/news/local/portland-po ... nstrations

not saying you’re wrong, necessarily, so feel free to offer a substantiating link
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:12 am "rioting isn't part of protesting, just like murder isn't part of arresting"
I think police would be wise to seek out the organizers of the real protests and enlist them to help stop rioting. That would be much more effective than having trump supporters out there trying to stop it.

I saw it first hand in my city. The real protestors stopped and removed people there to loot/vandalize/riot and cause trouble. And it worked.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Deleted User 89

i wonder if today is #78 for tdub’s source/s
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:47 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:12 am "rioting isn't part of protesting, just like murder isn't part of arresting"
I think police would be wise to seek out the organizers of the real protests and enlist them to help stop rioting. That would be much more effective than having trump supporters out there trying to stop it.

I saw it first hand in my city. The real protestors stopped and removed people there to loot/vandalize/riot and cause trouble. And it worked.
I agree. Positive cooperation between cops and communities can only be a good thing.

That's awesome that legit protestors removed the folks just starting trouble. My community has had several cumulative weeks of protests, but fortunately I didn't hear of anything turning ugly. The worst thing I recall is some MAGA ranchers and tourists in their diesel trucks rolling coal on the protestors.

but back to the point, I think police would be wise to STOP KILLING PEOPLE OF COLOR, and generally being so brutal. That would go the furthest to resolve this shit. I mean hell, since the murder of George Floyd and the initial protests, which in some places have remained ongoing, we've had to see two different videos of cops shooting black dudes in. the. back. And that's just the shootings that WERE caught on video! Who knows how many countless other instances of police brutality that have gone unchecked, just within the span of protests against police brutality!
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:57 am https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/202 ... dates.html

A true utopia. Yall are right.
lol...you’re going full lobster

nobody said that

still waiting for an official report of 77 days of riots tho
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

TDub wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:57 am https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/202 ... dates.html

A true utopia. Yall are right.

Seems like a normal Thursday night before Covid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

You people are higher than a hippie in a helicopter.

Groupthink at its finest. God forbid anyone have a different experience or opinion.

All as youre preaching tolerance. What a joke.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Portland’s great unless you’re a red neck or hillbilly