Uncle Joe

Ugh.
Deleted User 902

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by Deleted User 902 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:44 pm At this point, what’s the argument against protecting the environment?
Fuck the earth and let’s make money now and fuck our kids
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, that’s the argument for like
…50 years now?

My dad was all “this whole climate change emissions BS is just some fad, it’ll pass.”

I ask (cuz my dad is a muscle car dork), dad why did 70s muscle cars have less power than 60s muscle cars?

“Well cuz in the early 70s they started rolling out emissions regula…oh”
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:39 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:34 pm "Use my powers to get bad governors out of the way"??

Now. just for fun...lets imagine Orange man said this. this place would explode.
Haha ya it'd go nuts.

"Donald Trump’s EPA administrator, Scott Pruitt, allowed the mining company to apply for a permit, but the one-term president’s administration eventually denied the permit."

I guess regardless of who/how/why, i prefer to see this kind of stuff happening. Protecting the environment is a top 2 or 3 issue for me.
know why the permit was denied?

because jr. just happened to have fished there

there are numerous other instances of permits being allowed where such circumstances didn’t exist

i’m all for giving trump credit on environmental policies...if there were things for which he could legitimately be credited
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:34 pm "Use my powers to get bad governors out of the way"??
hi
Now. just for fun...lets imagine Orange man said this. this place would explode.
if orange man woulda done it for conservation or environmental reasons i would’ve had zero problem with it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:44 pm At this point, what’s the argument against protecting the environment?

It’s either, you’re too worried about making money off fossil fuels, or you’re too worried about owning anyone who thinks they know better?
It is also about way more than just fossil fuels. Deforestation / habitat loss is an equally important issue imo.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh, so you’re saying the problem is capitalism?
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:15 pm oh, so you’re saying the problem is capitalism?
Over population is part of the problem. Capitalism isn't a tangible thing. It doesn't ruin the environment. Humans do.

This here planet can't support an infinite amount of life.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah humans do, but it’s cuz humans advocate for an economic system that values consumption over sustainability, and profits over people.

This here planet can’t support an infinite amount of life, which is why we need to overhaul our values to reflect as much.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

We don't have to imagine. He did more than just say this. Trump threatened who displeased him all the time. He threatened to support their opponents. He threatened to withhold money and he threatened to withhold needed medical equipment and relief.

That said, Biden said that he would use his powers to prevent governors from blocking school mask mandates. He said nothing about "getting them out of the way" as in getting them removed from office. The exact quote was "I say to these governors: Please help," Biden said. "But if you aren’t going to help, at least get out of the way." Not exactly what you're insinuating.
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:40 pm

We don't have to imagine. He did more than just say this. Trump threatened who displeased him all the time.
As did Obama. And Bush Jr. I'm not sure Clinton, but Bush Sr. and Reagan did. Not sure about Carter, but Ford, Nixon, LBJ, JFK for sure did. Eisenhower, Truman, and holy shit did FDR did. I don't have as much knowledge of 19th century presidents, but Teddy Roosevelt did, and coined the term Bully Pulpit.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Joe Biden is the thin bulwark between pea-brained Gestapo ending elections forever and hastening the apocalypse and a viable future. He needs to do act pretty aggressively to save us from adult babies.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:18 pm Joe Biden is the thin bulwark between pea-brained Gestapo ending elections forever and hastening the apocalypse and a viable future. He needs to do act pretty aggressively to save us from adult babies.
I consider "just steer us away from the iceberg and we'll deal with where we end up later" to be the thing we need right now. Frankly, a more leftist President like Klobuchar, Buttigieg, Sanders or worst case scenario Warren and we would probably be at full-on Civil War right now.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:27 pm Yeah humans do, but it’s cuz humans advocate for an economic system that values consumption over sustainability, and profits over people.

This here planet can’t support an infinite amount of life, which is why we need to overhaul our values to reflect as much.
You think non-Capitalists have historically been better for the environment?

Oh dear.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh don’t try to both sides that one.

And let’s not get caught up in labels

more than anything it’s comment on values
Deleted User 89

Biden basically begging OPEC and the Saudis to produce more oil should be cause for real, legitimate outrage

this is much more an issue of hypocrisy, speaking out of both sides of his mouth, and being disingenuous than anything related to Afghanistan, imo

Deleted User 863

Proud of you Trad. 👏
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:37 pm Proud of you Trad. 👏
why?

this isn’t the first, nor the last time that i’ll be critical of Biden

find any actual examples yet of anyone praising him for afghanistan?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Where do Repubs come up with this shit?

https://twitter.com/cbsnews/status/1437 ... 55904?s=21
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if they don't have a mute button, they should.