Super Bowl LV

Kansas Football.
PhDhawk

Re: Super Bowl LV

Post by PhDhawk »

looks like he shoved him in the upper shoulder pads.

Nothing dirty, or even penalty worthy on that one.

I thought the one they WERE flagged for was pretty bad, but that wasn't Suh, it was JPP and a LB.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:42 am
Grandma wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:37 am My comparison was regarding the fans reactions to them. Not the coaches/mangers themselves.
Mine too. Reid just has too good of a resume for him to get constantly dragged on twitter. Yost did not, even though I do think he did a good job.

Another thing with Reid, he didn't just deliver 2 SB appearances, it has also been the most wildly successful Chiefs decade ever.
https://twitter.com/burban77/status/1358611693467754497

Chiefs fans may have (bless our/their hearts) the most warped view of the team's historical success.

I don't mean to pick on this guy, but this sentiment ("competitive and relevant again") presupposes a prior level that was never close to being attained, or dramatically undersells what's happening now.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lol, i know that dood

grew up down the street from me
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:38 am looks like he shoved him in the upper shoulder pads.

Nothing dirty, or even penalty worthy on that one.

I thought the one they WERE flagged for was pretty bad, but that wasn't Suh, it was JPP and a LB.
It was a scrum to be sure. They missed a helmet thrashing earlier too.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The fact that two out of the four or five CBS guys plus Romo mentioned the refs is disturbing enough. You generally want the players on the field to make the difference and not the stripes. The stripes had a huge say in the first half how the game would go and thus the Chiefs went in the half down 21-6 and the game was over. Because they were able to build that lead the edge rushers had zero other responsibilities and to me, more importantly that dictated the play calling for old man Brady. Instead of him actually having to push the ball downfield he could dink and dunk to Gronk and the backs and then hand the ball off. Brady is not the guy who can put a team on his back to win anymore. (debatable if he ever was that guy) We all saw that in his last year in NE. He found success because he hand picked a team that met every check mark on his list, had a defense that could carry him and he himself just didn't screw it up.
Holidaysmore - 2005
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Finally this morning, we found out who the proper scapegoat should be, that sniveling shitweasel Josh Hawley.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/josh-haw ... 8d06e50720
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

There's a lot of Josh Hawleys on this board today.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Leave us alone, CnB. We are in mourning and are in the angry, blame others stage.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Haha, most of you are doing very well. And, your team is ridiculously alive, unlike mine. And Hawley's guy.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:05 pm Haha, most of you are doing very well. And, your team is ridiculously alive, unlike mine. And Hawley's guy.
Klint Kubiak tho!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“ The fact that two out of the four or five CBS guys plus Romo mentioned the refs is disturbing enough. You generally want the players on the field to make the difference and not the stripes. The stripes had a huge say in the first half how the game would go and thus the Chiefs went in the half down 21-6 and the game was over.”

All correct except we had the ball to start the 2nd and needed 7 on that one...game wasn’t over, 21-13 woulda made it interesting.

Thing is it shoulda been 10-6.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Other than the Buffalo game the last half of the year the Chiefs were dead last in opponents red zone scoring percentage and the offense wasn't operating at a high level either.

Another thing here. Brady, at this stage of his career is a game manager. The Chiefs got defensive line, that of 200 million dollar front line got exactly four pressures. FOUR. You let Brady have all day and get comfortable in the pocket he will pick you apart and that is exactly what he did.

We are all disappointed in the offensive line play but shame on all of us for believing career back ups and journey men were going to be the difference in a game of this magnitude. This loss falls squarely on the backs of guys like Andy reid, Spags, and Frank Clark. Guys who are 'household' names and are being paid a handsome amount but did not deliver.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:28 pm Other than the Buffalo game the last half of the year the Chiefs were dead last in opponents red zone scoring percentage and the offense wasn't operating at a high level either.

Another thing here. Brady, at this stage of his career is a game manager. The Chiefs got defensive line, that of 200 million dollar front line got exactly four pressures. FOUR. You let Brady have all day and get comfortable in the pocket he will pick you apart and that is exactly what he did.

We are all disappointed in the offensive line play but shame on all of us for believing career back ups and journey men were going to be the difference in a game of this magnitude. This loss falls squarely on the backs of guys like Andy reid, Spags, and Frank Clark. Guys who are 'household' names and are being paid a handsome amount but did not deliver.
At some point, though, given roster size limits, you can only do so much. Especially when you lose your starting LT during the playoffs. And you were already stretched to the limits in the room.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

CHiefs were stretched thin, for sure. Played their hearts out.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/ ... -andy-reid

Of note, Cheffers was the same guy who blew the Eric Fisher call on the 2 point conversion v Pitt where Kelce said he shouldn't ever officiate again. And here he was in the Super Bowl.

"The penalty on that clearly uncatchable pass put the ball at the 1-yard line, and the Buccaneers converted on the next play (a Brady toss to Antonio Brown), sealing a perfect storm of errors for the Chiefs and sending the team into the locker room down 15 when they could have been down just eight."

"On a third-and-4 from the Kansas City 32-yard line, Brady threw a pass that was deflected at the line of scrimmage, then deflected again by Fournette, and ultimately caught by Mathieu. It was a game-changing interception … until a ticky-tacky defensive holding call negated the play and kept the ball with Tampa Bay."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Worst super bowl ever.

No for real.

In terms of expectations, it is. You take the first ever matchup between previous super bowl champs, one goat in his swan song and the other on the up and up, and would anyone have predicted a low scoring snooze fest?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It was disappointing.
Immensely for a Chiefs fan - but for your average joe as well.
But if it weren't for the first half penalties, it likely would have been even more low scoring.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:19 am Worst super bowl ever.

No for real.

In terms of expectations, it is. You take the first ever matchup between previous super bowl champs, one goat in his swan song and the other on the up and up, and would anyone have predicted a low scoring snooze fest?
I enjoyed it from watching a team dominate standpoint. Wish it would have been more competitive because the 4th was a snoozefest with TB offense taking the foot off the gas.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Some Chiefs fans will talk about how the early penalties dictated the outcome of the game, which they did. For those brave enough to go back and watch that shit show we will talk about the missed opportunities but at least for me the complete lack or disregard of in game adjustments that Reid was so well known for is what is the most glaring.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KC lost the game in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The offensive line was terrible in a record setting manner and our defensive line was irrelevant for much of the game.

Either of those are tough to overcome. Both of those in the same game are nearly impossible to overcome. Then add on top the poor performance by the refs and KC was doomed. Bad day to have a bad day.

We made back to back Super Bowls, are the favorites to return and have a lot of help on the horizon. Life is good all in all.