Kansas Football 2023 Season

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Kansas Football 2023 Season

Post by Sparko »

KU should have had at least expected three take-aways given the fumbles and throws into the defense based on odds alone. The big take away zero, plus the penalties made the game close. The late night fatigue, the "look at how objective we are" Big 12 officiating crew, and a good performance by Nevada's defense against a Vanilla KU offense, made life interesting. A lot of teams weren't able to survive the trap games.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:13 pm Just looking at the schedule, BYU will be our best bet at a win until @ Iowa State.
( I know Oklahoma State isn't the team that they used to be but it's in Stillwater ).
UCF looks to be better than people thought.

Similar to last season, notching that fourth win would be extremely beneficial to our bowling chances as we might not be favored again the rest of the season ( depending on Texas Tech ).
Road games are tough. But Cincinnati and OSU should be winnable games. This team could be 10-2. But they must stop the mistakes. And for the love of God, please get at least even officiating.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sparko wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:21 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:13 pm Just looking at the schedule, BYU will be our best bet at a win until @ Iowa State.
( I know Oklahoma State isn't the team that they used to be but it's in Stillwater ).

Similar to last season, notching that fourth win would be extremely beneficial to our bowling chances as we might not be favored again the rest of the season ( depending on Texas Tech ).
Road games are tough. But Cincinnati and OSU should be winnable games. This team could be 10-2. But they must stop the mistakes. And for the love of God, please get at least even officiating.
When I first read you say this team could be 10-2 I laughed. Then I remembered 2007 happened.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:32 pm
Sparko wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:21 pm

When I first read you say this team could be 10-2 I laughed. Then I remembered 2007 happened.
Things are breaking like 07, schedule wise. Except for OU and UT.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Look we have the offense to play with anyone. If we play our A game on offense we in. We have not played our best football so far and that is totally fine. We playing another 3-0 team on ESPN at 3:30. LFG
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KU has a game this weekend, and it's a sellout?

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... aways-2023

“ Rock, chalk, unranked Jayhawks

A blind résumé comparison through Week 3 ...

Team A: 3-0, +11 points-per-game margin, a win over a bad Mountain West team and a win over a solid but underwhelming Power 5 opponent. It played an undefeated opponent in Week 4.

Team B: 3-0, +16.3 points-per-game margin, a win over a bad Mountain West team and a win over a solid but underwhelming Power 5 opponent. It played an undefeated opponent in Week 4.

Team A, you might have guessed, is Colorado. The Buffaloes were the toast of college football and entered Week 4 ranked 19th nationally.

Team B, you might not have guessed, is Kansas, a team largely ignored thus far despite playing extremely well.

So what happened in Week 4?

Colorado was blown out by undefeated Oregon.

Kansas easily beat previously undefeated BYU behind three TD throws from Jalon Daniels.

On offense, Kansas has topped 30 points in five straight games dating to last season. The Jayhawks' D held BYU to 9 -- 9! -- total rush yards and had three takeaways in the triumph.

In other words: Rank the Jayhawks!”
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:00 pm https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... aways-2023

“ Rock, chalk, unranked Jayhawks

A blind résumé comparison through Week 3 ...

Team A: 3-0, +11 points-per-game margin, a win over a bad Mountain West team and a win over a solid but underwhelming Power 5 opponent. It played an undefeated opponent in Week 4.

Team B: 3-0, +16.3 points-per-game margin, a win over a bad Mountain West team and a win over a solid but underwhelming Power 5 opponent. It played an undefeated opponent in Week 4.

Team A, you might have guessed, is Colorado. The Buffaloes were the toast of college football and entered Week 4 ranked 19th nationally.

Team B, you might not have guessed, is Kansas, a team largely ignored thus far despite playing extremely well.

So what happened in Week 4?

Colorado was blown out by undefeated Oregon.

Kansas easily beat previously undefeated BYU behind three TD throws from Jalon Daniels.

On offense, Kansas has topped 30 points in five straight games dating to last season. The Jayhawks' D held BYU to 9 -- 9! -- total rush yards and had three takeaways in the triumph.

In other words: Rank the Jayhawks!”
Good stuff. Proof that you can turn around a program without being a grandstanding attention whore.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KU Uniforms through four games:

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

What is neat is to think of all those games in memorial until we hit that 4-0 two years in a row
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:26 pm24.
And KSUck is 25. There is great wailing and gnashing of teeth in Mancrappy right now.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

Shirley wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:17 pm KU Uniforms through four games:
don't care for the black ones. think my top choice is the blue but its close.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Black unis awful.
The reds I can take or leave.
Blue and white baby…but maybe smaller Jayhawk on helmet and smaller KANSAS font.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Black could have been good. Circus font is garbage.
Red look like they borrowed them from the Basketball team.
Blue and white are fine despite looking a bit generic to me.
I wouldn't be happy but if they wore pink, brown, or green, and kept winning - I wouldn't complain too much.

Whatever they wear or don't wear, I'm hoping for repeat of 2021 in Austin.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:33 am Black could have been good. Circus font is garbage.
Red look like they borrowed them from the Basketball team.
Blue and white are fine despite looking a bit generic to me.
I wouldn't be happy but if they wore pink, brown, or green, and kept winning - I wouldn't complain too much.

Whatever they wear or don't wear, I'm hoping for repeat of 2021 in Austin.
we really should wear pink to Austin. if we lose, we can blame the unis and never wear them again. if we win its just a testament that it doesn't matter what unis we're in. win-win.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

pdub wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:53 am …but maybe smaller Jayhawk on helmet and smaller KANSAS font.
take away the stripe down the middle and the Jayhawk doesn't seem to cover the entire helmet, no? its better on the stripeless blue helmet, but i agree its too big (weirdly).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Good design needs to balance negative and positive space and have a hierarchy.
I don't think there's enough breathing room for the Jayhawk and the stripe.
There's definitely not enough for the KANSAS and the number.

I like the stripe enough ( i'd probably loose the Kansas on the helmet and have the stripe flow all the way down to the guard ) but gotta balance it with the logo.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I like that the uniform is a topic of discussion a quarter of the way through the season.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

color me in the minority…i like the black and blue look

imo, the angry Jayhawk (1941) ought to make a resurgence across the AD
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?