Official Gamethread KU vs kstate

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Official Gamethread KU vs kstate

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Texas brisket can be good. But Texas BBQ mostly overrated.
surly

Post by surly »

this does seem to be separation saturday. if ku wins at hilton, it will be hard building a case where they don't repeat. if texas loses in mhk, then they'll have little to no shot in afh. leaving k-state and ku at the top.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:09 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:07 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:57 am

Because we have a Big Monday game. The rule is (supposed to be) that the Big Monday teams play during the day the Saturday before.
Texas has a legit beef, playing in Manhattan Saturday afternoon and then Lawrence Monday night. I assume they just won't go back to Austin.
They won't, that's why they're at Kansas State this particular Saturday. Afternoon is not too bad, but it should probably be flipped with our game.

Only reason I'm aware of the rule is because Self got pissed and called the league out one time when we had a night home game on Saturday before a road Big Monday. It's tough when every network wants a piece of you.
If I'm not mistaken as well, KU is doing an Oklahoma road trip Saturday and Tuesday coming up soon. Wonder if they'll just hang out in OKC for the couple of days in between.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:21 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:09 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:07 pm

Texas has a legit beef, playing in Manhattan Saturday afternoon and then Lawrence Monday night. I assume they just won't go back to Austin.
They won't, that's why they're at Kansas State this particular Saturday. Afternoon is not too bad, but it should probably be flipped with our game.

Only reason I'm aware of the rule is because Self got pissed and called the league out one time when we had a night home game on Saturday before a road Big Monday. It's tough when every network wants a piece of you.
If I'm not mistaken as well, KU is doing an Oklahoma road trip Saturday and Tuesday coming up soon. Wonder if they'll just hang out in OKC for the couple of days in between.
A 5 day trip to Oklahoma for Bill? 0-2!