who ya got?

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

Re: who ya got?

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:57 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:45 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:28 am
What's BS is making the statement at all because there is absolutely no way to prove it is true or not.
ummm...do you not remember anything pre george floyd?

Obama was president when Mike Brown was murdered and there were riots in ferguson and other places around the country.

So i think that is pretty good evidence to back up my statement that these would be happening regardless of who was president.
Yes, racism would still be happening regardless of who the president is/was.
The thing it seems you may be having difficulty comprehending is the reasoning for ALL of the various groups/factions that have been protesting the past 6 months.
You, me, anyone, everyone would be foolish to pretend we fully understand. We don't.
NOT ALL of these groups that are protesting/marching/rioting/ are doing as such because of what has happened with the police and their treatment of Black people.

Like I have said (and anyone who has a working brain in their head that isn't completely brainwashed would realize) is that we currently have a President who PURPOSELY does more to fan the flames than put them out.
My bad. I didnt think we were talking about anti trump protests (we weren't were we?). I thought we were only talking about BLM/police brutality focused protests since images from those were the ones being shared as "bidens america"....(which btw is total bullshit)
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:58 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:43 am
TDub wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:37 am You think police change reform was going to be passed in a matter of a couple months??
You think everything would be the same no matter who is President?

If Trump wasn't President then Clinton would be and she would have been President for more than 3 years when Floyd died, not "a couple months".
The BLM organization/movement originated in 2013....largely in response to George Zimmerman being acquitted.

You remember who was president then right?
You're making the argument against yourself.

The fact that there are protests is not the problem - that's part of a free and healthy Democracy. The fact that BLM exists is not the problem. The problem is the violence and destruction on a far, far greater level than what we previously saw. Trump has not been communicating messages pushing for peace, unity, and solutions. Instead he pours gasoline on the fire.

To say Biden would do the same is baseless.
Deleted User 310

Mjl wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:19 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:58 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:43 am

You think everything would be the same no matter who is President?

If Trump wasn't President then Clinton would be and she would have been President for more than 3 years when Floyd died, not "a couple months".
The BLM organization/movement originated in 2013....largely in response to George Zimmerman being acquitted.

You remember who was president then right?
You're making the argument against yourself.

The fact that there are protests is not the problem - that's part of a free and healthy Democracy. The fact that BLM exists is not the problem. The problem is the violence and destruction on a far, far greater level than what we previously saw. Trump has not been communicating messages pushing for peace, unity, and solutions. Instead he pours gasoline on the fire.

To say Biden would do the same is baseless.
Well to be fair, i didnt say biden would do the same as trump, obviously he wouldnt be nearly as divisive.

I simply suggested that, all things the same, protests and riots from George Floyd's killing would be happening regardless. Obviously i cant prove that because hypotheticals arent able to be proven...but a lot of things are said around here that cant truly be proven.

It isnt/wasnt worth nearly this much of a response. I think maybe people are taking my comment the wrong way. Almost anyone other than trump would be better for unity in this situation OBVIOUSLY...but nearly nobody would have been able to stop the protests/outrage and even looting/vandalism that has transpired as a result imo. Just an opinion about a hypothetical situation.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Biden given a great speech right now...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 310

Meh. Definitely funny....but we have spent 4 years dealing with the most unpresidential president ever....i dont want the next 4 years to be Biden being rude to the people who taunt him. It is okay to just not respond. I think at times Biden gets a little caught up in the moment in certain situations and says dumb shit or acts like a tough guy (the "you ain't black" interview comes to mind with Charlamagne The God)....now obviously nowhere near the amount as trump, but i am not changing where the bar is set for future presidents to be "anything above trump is acceptable".

I do think the lincoln project trolls the shit out of trump and it is hard not to laugh at it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:55 pm Meh. Definitely funny....but we have spent 4 years dealing with the most unpresidential president ever....i dont want the next 4 years to be Biden being rude to the people who taunt him. It is okay to just not respond. I think at times Biden gets a little caught up in the moment in certain situations and says dumb shit or acts like a tough guy (the "you ain't black" interview comes to mind with Charlamagne The God)....now obviously nowhere near the amount as trump, but i am not changing where the bar is set for future presidents to be "anything above trump is acceptable".

I do think the lincoln project trolls the shit out of trump and it is hard not to laugh at it.
Someone will bitch and whine that he's spineless if he says nothing and someone will bitch and whine that he's petty if he does.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:04 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:55 pm Meh. Definitely funny....but we have spent 4 years dealing with the most unpresidential president ever....i dont want the next 4 years to be Biden being rude to the people who taunt him. It is okay to just not respond. I think at times Biden gets a little caught up in the moment in certain situations and says dumb shit or acts like a tough guy (the "you ain't black" interview comes to mind with Charlamagne The God)....now obviously nowhere near the amount as trump, but i am not changing where the bar is set for future presidents to be "anything above trump is acceptable".

Someone will bitch and whine that he's spineless if he says nothing and someone will bitch and whine that he's petty if he does.
So what. It isn't about them. It is about him.

The same could be said about some situations trump gets himself into.

Trump can't be the bar.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/0 ... ghter.html

Guess this guy must not be voting for Biden because that would never happen.......good example to his kids.

Firat he street races his 17 yo son woth his 11 yo son in the car. Then he takes his daughter with a baseball bat whilw providing security for Antifa. Then he murders a guy.

The fact no one here is talking about this one too is telling.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:45 pm The fact no one here is talking about this one too is telling.
What is there to say? We don't know anything. There's no arrest. There's no charging docs. All we know is someone leaked info to the media, and we don't know any validity to it.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:45 pm
Wrong team.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Theres a video. The police indicated that they are going to arrest him.
There are several eye witness accounts. The suspect was arrested previously FOR bringing a gun to a protest. The fact that there is video evidence of a crime being commited and No action IS exactly what these protests are about. Mental gymnastics abound.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:59 pm Theres a video. The police indicated that they are going to arrest him.
There are several eye witness accounts. The suspect was arrested previously FOR bringing a gun to a protest. The fact that there is video evidence of a crime being commited and No action IS exactly what these protests are about. Mental gymnastics abound.
What police indicated they were going to arrest him? Do you have a video of this dude's face killing some dude? The video shows the dead dude macing the shooter, then the shooter shooting twice.

The dude you are talking about sounds like a scumbag. The dude who died also sounds like a scumbag. What do you want us to say?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:29 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:04 pm

So what. It isn't about them. It is about him.

The same could be said about some situations trump gets himself into.

Trump can't be the bar.
You're the only one creating a bar and comparing this to Trump.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:45 pm https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/0 ... ghter.html

Guess this guy must not be voting for Biden because that would never happen.......good example to his kids.

Firat he street races his 17 yo son woth his 11 yo son in the car. Then he takes his daughter with a baseball bat whilw providing security for Antifa. Then he murders a guy.

I have not been talking about this because this is the first details of any kind I have seen and even these details don't provide much.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

NiceDC wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:05 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:59 pm Theres a video. The police indicated that they are going to arrest him.
What police indicated they were going to arrest him? Do you have a video of this dude's face killing some dude? The video shows the dead dude macing the shooter, then the shooter shooting twice.

The dude you are talking about sounds like a scumbag. The dude who died also sounds like a scumbag. What do you want us to say?
Consistency?

That kyle kid was no doubt looking for trouble and a scumbag and he deserves what hes going to get. All indications are that the guys he shot were not exactly stand up perfect citizens....in fact they seem to be scumbags.

We have dozens of pages of anger directed at the kenosha dude.

Perhaps the people that stay out at these protests and specifically are looking for trouble are, indeed, scumbags and not indicative of anything other than just that.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:14 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:45 pm https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/0 ... ghter.html

I have not been talking about this because this is the first details of any kind I have seen and even these details don't provide much.
Gee, wonder why? CNN has just a blip on it. Do you wonder why?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

This is the wrong thread for this, but pther comments in here earlier today made me think about this
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:15 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:14 pm

Gee, wonder why? CNN has just a blip on it. Do you wonder why?
I have taken a break from watching TV news for a while so even if they had a huge section on it, I wouldn't have seen it.

Like I said, it provides virtually zero information other than "he was seen walking away from the area of the shooting" so really, what is there to talk about until we have more details?