Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Mjl

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Mjl »

I would guess the stock price not changing is because investors expect this to be temporary.

Sales really have tanked though, hard. And they haven't recovered at all yet.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:13 pm I would guess the stock price not changing is because investors expect this to be temporary.

That'll be a short-term problem. I have a feeling that people's affinity for Bud Light will outlast their anger. Particularly because the Rube Grift-o-Tron Wurlitzer will direct that anger to something else every 72 hours.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

These guys get it. Actually taking action. There weren't enough democrats to vote against actually defending our schools like in Tennessee

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrhG7j7OjFo ... MyMTA2M2Y=
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

why not just declare marshall law?

shootings don’t just happen in schools

in fact, just make open carrying mandatory…for everyone
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Unvetted guards going postal in schools.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:13 pm I would guess the stock price not changing is because investors expect this to be temporary.

Lite beer. Only in America would tainted water be a sales leader anyway.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:55 pm These guys get it. Actually taking action. There weren't enough democrats to vote against actually defending our schools like in Tennessee

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrhG7j7OjFo ... MyMTA2M2Y=
It makes sense to build more/better levees and sea walls, to mitigate the damage from major hurricanes. What doesn’t make sense is to build those without acknowledging that the problem they’re addressing is getting worse, and why.

(Hint: it’s the guns.)
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Guns have been around for centuries. These shooting have dramatically increased recently. Its not the guns
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:17 am Guns have been around for centuries. These shooting have dramatically increased recently. Its not the guns
Was "mental health issues" a Wuhan wet market thing?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:45 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:17 am Guns have been around for centuries. These shooting have dramatically increased recently. Its not the guns
Was "mental health issues" a Wuhan wet market thing?
Wuhan wet markets? You're still playing along with that story?

Theres a lot more factors to mental health than covid, but that certainly didn't help anything
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

add using a leaf blower in one’s own yard to the list of aggressions worthy of death by gunshot

smfh

per WashPo:

An Illinois man doing yard work outside his home was fatally shot in the head by his 79-year-old next-door neighbor this month after the two got into an argument over the man’s leaf blower, authorities said this week.

The shooting in Antioch, Ill., is among a series of recent, high-profile incidents of people being shot while doing mundane, everyday actions, from ringing a doorbell to pulling into a driveway.

but man i’m glad randy still gets to play GIJoe
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:57 pm add using a leaf blower in one’s own yard to the list of aggressions worthy of death by gunshot

smfh

per WashPo:

An Illinois man doing yard work outside his home was fatally shot in the head by his 79-year-old next-door neighbor this month after the two got into an argument over the man’s leaf blower, authorities said this week.

The shooting in Antioch, Ill., is among a series of recent, high-profile incidents of people being shot while doing mundane, everyday actions, from ringing a doorbell to pulling into a driveway.

but man i’m glad randy still gets to play GIJoe
It’s EXTREMELY important to be armed to the teeth, in the case your neighbor has a mental health issue that causes your neighbor to attend to his yard.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

glad i don't have neighbors
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

TDub wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:42 pm glad i don't have neighbors
As long as you own a gun you're all good! A good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun. Right?
Unless of course the bad guy with a gun shoots the good guy with a gun first.

Maybe when the Pubs have their way the kids in school/s will be taught the nice loving gay man who lives next door to them is a bad man only because he's gay - and they will brainwash the kids in to thinking the gay man next door will turn them gay - but the guy with the swastika tattoos, Confederate flag in the back window of his pickup truck, and who has an AR-15, that lives next door to them is a good guy because he will turn them in to a 2023 fake Christian racist psycho fuck who will help MAGA.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Nonsequitor. Nonsequitor. Nonsequitor.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:26 pm

^^^

I don't get it... Why would anyone who likes beer choose one that's watered down, i.e., weak?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

That's only part of what Inslee said. He said, “No one needs an AR-15 to protect your family, You only need it to kill other families". While I don't like that he said those exact words, I understand he said it while he was standing with family members of shooting victims.

He also said about assault weapons - "Their only purpose is to kill humans as rapidly as possible in large numbers.”

I 100% support Inslee in regards to the 3 bills he signed in to law.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Feral wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:12 pm
Sparko wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:26 pm

^^^

I don't get it... Why would anyone who likes beer choose one that's watered down, i.e., weak?
If I’m day drinking, and looking for a long buzz, I’ll roll with Coors Lite, Miller Lite or Corona Lite.

If it’s hot, I’ll say the same.
I can’t drink an IPA, even a session, if it’s hot.
And I hate Belgian ales and wheat beers.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I had a great hefe in Germany that was a perfect hot day beer. But beer is a bad bet generally on hot days. Tea.