Kansas Comes Back Thread

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Kansas Comes Back Thread

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

You have to pick ONE player's jersey to wear every day for the next week.
Whose jersey do you choose?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:07 am You have to pick ONE player's jersey to wear every day for the next week.
McCormack.

There were just 4 points scored in the last 1:40 of the game by either team and they were all by McCormack.

When this team was down 69-68 in the closing minutes of the biggeat game, Good Dave was really good. He had one bucket on Bacot and another on Manek that will cement his legacy as a KU Champion.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You all know my answer.
It’s similar to two coaches.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mRlwNcnIddo

I didn't get to see this after the game. Dave's shot to end it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:19 pm LOL. Did they seriously lock the official game thread of the championship game. Softttttt
Hard.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

This was fun. We should do it more often.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fans back in the stands may have helped us.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

anyone hear any quotes about the Bacot injury, and the apparent decision to not attack immediately with unc down a guy?

cbs story calls it deliberate and a show of sportsmanship
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I was wondering why we didn’t attack but if you look at the clock, we were up, and maybe wanted to waste 20 more seconds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DMac was like "WTF are you doing?!?"

What a crazy game. KU got outrebounded 55-35.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:07 am You have to pick ONE player's jersey to wear every day for the next week.
Super Dave
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:48 am anyone hear any quotes about the Bacot injury, and the apparent decision to not attack immediately with unc down a guy?

I call it confusion.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:58 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:48 am anyone hear any quotes about the Bacot injury, and the apparent decision to not attack immediately with unc down a guy?

I call it confusion.
I agree. Most of the players seemed to be looking around just waiting when the refs were going to stop play. Also, having the lead and trying to run down the clock played a big part in that.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I was proud to see KU not press their advantage. (Wonder how I'd feel if we'd lost?)

I was just watching this replay of the last 3 minutes of the game, and watch how, at ~ 3:33 after Bacot rolls his ankle and then makes it up-court and the refs. blow the whistle, it appears McCormack is livid that JW didn't get the ball to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaDJFXOVF2E
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It was sportsmanship though. Team looked to the refs. It was easy to overlook because this team plays the right way.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:08 am

I call it confusion.
I agree. Most of the players seemed to be looking around just waiting when the refs were going to stop play. Also, having the lead and trying to run down the clock played a big part in that.
I think teams at least need to be charged a timeout if play must be stopped when the other team has the ball.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm not convinced it wasn't the right play how we ran it. Obviously for the first 39 minutes, you attack and get a bucket 5 on 4.

But with 40 seconds left, and 20 on the shot clock, up 1...I don't want anyone taking a forced shot or getting sped up. That possession we NEEDED to score, and preferably with about 20 seconds left.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:05 am

I call it confusion.
I think teams at least need to be charged a timeout if play must be stopped when the other team has the ball.
I'd add to that, that if a player gets knocked out (Manek by McCormack's elbow) and they stop the game, the player should have to come out. Even if they go to the monitor, they don't stop that play to look for anything unless Manek's legs turn to rubber and he rolls around on the floor.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:08 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:05 am

I'd add to that, that if a player gets knocked out (Manek by McCormack's elbow) and they stop the game, the player should have to come out. Even if they go to the monitor, they don't stop that play to look for anything unless Manek's legs turn to rubber and he rolls around on the floor.
plus, i mean, head injury? thought we were taking that seriously now? he should have checked into the concussion tent before being allowed back onto the court.