F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: F the NCAA

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:06 pm NCAA lawyers getting opened today

https://twitter.com/nicoleauerbach/stat ... A989-f7rQQ
I’m not sure I understand what the NCAA’s lawyers are even TRYING to say by that. Something along the lines of, “they’re not employees, because we say so, which makes them not employees”?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Exactly. And the NCAA lawyer repeatedly said he didn't know how the scholarships work. Basically the judge asked if athletes can lose scholarships if they stop playing and/or if they're not renewed. "So this coach has complete control of this young person." Lawyer said he wasn't for sure how the scholarships work and how they're honored.

The NCAA fucking BLOWS
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

sounds like a well-prepared lawyer
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:50 pm sounds like a well-prepared lawyer
He doesn't have much to work with. There isn't a lot about the NCAA's positions that really makes any sense on a fundamental level.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:16 pm
He doesn't have much to work with. There isn't a lot about the NCAA's positions that really makes any sense on a fundamental level.
i don’t disagree

actually, i had the thought that “not knowing”…aka feigning ignorance…might be part of the strategy
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:01 pm Exactly. And the NCAA lawyer repeatedly said he didn't know how the scholarships work. Basically the judge asked if athletes can lose scholarships if they stop playing and/or if they're not renewed. "So this coach has complete control of this young person." Lawyer said he wasn't for sure how the scholarships work and how they're honored.

The NCAA fucking BLOWS
The "good" news is that the ncaa blows so bad that this all might blow up in their face sooner rather than later,
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:57 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:16 pm
i don’t disagree

actually, i had the thought that “not knowing”…aka feigning ignorance…might be part of the strategy
It at least keeps the lawyer from having to lie in court. If they told the truth, their case would be unraveled in about 5 minutes and they would be forced to completely trash their fake amateurism model designed to enrich more old white guys.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

When I worked in fast food in college, I was compensated by the value of training I received. Felt great.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Apparently, Kansas officials, including Bill and Townsend, had a NCAA hearing this last weekend in Atlanta.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Which seems to make sense considering KU had zero visits last weekend.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Please forgive my ignorance.
Why would Self and Townsend have an NCAA hearing, over a/the weekend, in Atlanta?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Atlanta probably the easiest place to fly to for those involved.

Keep in mind, this is not strictly an NCAA thing based in Indianapolis. They have committee members from San Diego, Atlanta, Florida, West Virginia, New York, San Francisco, Tennessee and more. Those members are lawyers, Athletic Directors, Former Heads of Military and more.

Just my $0.02

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:10 am Atlanta probably the easiest place to fly to for those involved.

Keep in mind, this is not strictly an NCAA thing based in Indianapolis. They have committee members from San Diego, Atlanta, Florida, West Virginia, New York, San Francisco, Tennessee and more. Those members are lawyers, Athletic Directors, Former Heads of Military and more.

Just my $0.02
Thank you for your response!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Forde such a bitch.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:47 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:06 pm NCAA lawyers getting opened today

https://twitter.com/nicoleauerbach/stat ... A989-f7rQQ
I’m not sure I understand what the NCAA’s lawyers are even TRYING to say by that. Something along the lines of, “they’re not employees, because we say so, which makes them not employees”?
It's the "because it's always been that way" reasoning which to me is the dumbest reason to do anything.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:28 am seems likely to be related:

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2023/04 ... ncaa-panel
One of the least offensive pieces written by Forde on KU's case. Such a little twerp.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

“Corruption cases?”
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:36 am “Corruption cases?”
Whoever signed Zion was going to be put under an intense microscope for corrupt practices given what the NCAA learned. And then there is KU.