Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:38 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:02 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:59 am

Ah, your third "expert acquaintance" of the day. You know a guy for every situation, don't you?
I do associate with a lot of intelligent, successful people. Comes in handy all the time.
Butina was very intelligent. As are most fellow travelers.
Which is sort of the heart of the document charges, really. In the most charitable (to Trump) assessment of the facts, Trump's venality and self-centeredness (not to mention his, ah, predilections) make him an extremely juicy target for pros.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

This may have been posted before. If so, sorry. If not, I feel it is worth viewing.

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1 ... 5451222020
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Lulz. Yup. It's a frickin' utopia out there.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Closer to a “frickin’ utopia” than a country that is “going to hell”.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:20 am Closer to a “frickin’ utopia” than a country that is “going to hell”.
Could not disagree more.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:23 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:20 am Closer to a “frickin’ utopia” than a country that is “going to hell”.
Could not disagree more.
Ok then.

The average citizens of which countries would NOT trade their material lifestyles for the material lifestyles of the average citizens of this country?

We have it damn good here.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:27 am
Could not disagree more.
Ok then.

The average citizens of which countries would NOT trade their material lifestyles for the material lifestyles of the average citizens of this country?

Scandinavia

but

while I do feel like this country is coming apart at the seams.....its still pretty dang good. Other than the fact that its filled with a whole lot of incessant whiners and losers using every opportunity to bitch and complain about.....literally everything.
Last edited by TDub on Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I watched the address, and it was really good.

Trump's buddy Putin miscalculated and decided to invade Ukraine because he mistakenly thought President Biden's response would be weak. But instead, with Biden's leadership NATO is now stronger than it has been in decades, stronger than anyone could have possibly imagined, and Russia is weaker and back to being the pariah state people used to consider it before Trump and his MAGA cult decided being traitors served them better than being patriotic Americans.

In vivid, stark contrast to when Trump, the guy with 71 felony allegations, (and counting), pending against him was in office, the United States is once again the undeniable, unquestioned leader, of the Western world.

Thanks, Joe.
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

So there's this thing that happens continuously that I think is silly....

No matter what happens or how dumb Biden is, or what stumbles and errors he makes......The reaction is always..."yea but trump" "at least he's not trump" "trump did xyz"

Trump might have been the best thing to ever happen to the democrats.

Leaders shouldn't be solely compared to the previous administration
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Feral’s post has two paragraphs and two ‘sentegraphs’. You’re hung up on the wrong paragraph. The first paragraph objectively shows Biden’s accomplishments (references to Trump are merely to identify his benefactor, Putin).

For someone who claims not to like Trump the speed and vehemence with which you rush to defend him is quite telling.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:37 am So there's this thing that happens continuously that I think is silly....

No matter what happens or how dumb Biden is, or what stumbles and errors he makes......The reaction is always..."yea but trump" "at least he's not trump" "trump did xyz"

Most of the responses here seem to have been "yeah, that's not a sign of advanced dementia, that's a sign of a person with a stutter stuttering over an abnormal word or a foreign name" but yes, I have seen some "Trump is worse, I can live with that".
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:37 am So there's this thing that happens continuously that I think is silly....

I do think, more broadly, McConnell (and pals) made a grave strategic error in not taking Trump off the board when presented a golden opportunity in January 2021.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:30 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:27 am

Could not disagree more.
Ok then.

Scandinavia

but

while I do feel like this country is coming apart at the seams.....its still pretty dang good. Other than the fact that its filled with a whole lot of incessant whiners and losers using every opportunity to bitch and complain about.....literally everything.
Let's unpack a bit - what would a Scandinavian (who would not trade lifestyles) point to as the reasons why?

I'm guessing a lot of it boils down to...trust in/happiness with the role government does (and does not) play in their lives?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:56 am Feral’s post has two paragraphs and two ‘sentegraphs’. You’re hung up on the wrong paragraph. The first paragraph objectively shows Biden’s accomplishments (references to Trump are merely to identify his benefactor, Putin).

For someone who claims not to like Trump the speed and vehemence with which you rush to defend him is quite telling.
Are you sure your last paragraph was directed only at TDub?
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:56 am Feral’s post has two paragraphs and two ‘sentegraphs’. You’re hung up on the wrong paragraph. The first paragraph objectively shows Biden’s accomplishments (references to Trump are merely to identify his benefactor, Putin).

I think you arent reading correctly if "defending" Trump is what you get out of my posts. But, we've been down this road before, your eyes and mine aren't going to have the same prescription.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:56 am

I think you arent reading correctly if "defending" Trump is what you get out of my posts. But, we've been down this road before, your eyes and mine aren't going to have the same prescription.
If not….. I fail to see the point of your post in response to Feral.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Biden doing great things make amplifying Russian talking points a little disrespectful. Biden, constantly derided, is the most positively effective president in a long time. But he sometimes uses the wrong phrase. He is competent. The guy who started an insurrection does not enter into it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:00 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:56 am

If not….. I fail to see the point of your post in response to Feral.
comparing a shitty tomato....to a tomato that was rotten and full of maggots

does not make the shitty tomato a good tomato.

(I'd use steak but I still didn't think that would translate to you. Plus, tomatoes work better anyway because I fucking hate tomatoes)
Just Ledoux it