F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: F the NCAA

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:50 am I’m a man.
Foreign people and weak timid boys make me upset.
They don’t get hot girls.

I’m cool. I played football. I got hot girls.

Eyeroll out of my skull.
I literally said none of those things.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No not literally but:

“…disdain…”

“ When I was a kid, the only people who played soccer were foreign exchange students and guys who were too weak and timid to go out for football. Not a good way to get girls to go out with you. ”
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:58 pm No not literally but:

“…disdain…”

“ When I was a kid, the only people who played soccer were foreign exchange students and guys who were too weak and timid to go out for football. Not a good way to get girls to go out with you. ”
That's a pretty big leap from what I said to what you inferred, but whatever.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Maybe it’s a big jump for Pdub to get to that.

But I doubt it.

Your previous words ring out from my time playing as a youth (not so much as I kept playing into my 30s).

People that phrased things like you, especially in regards to getting girls, would call those of us that played the sport, ‘Soccer Fags’. Not saying you hold such a viewpoint (especially in 2023), but know that what you said could be quoted from Americans as far back as any of us can remember. It’s just a bad take, IMO.

Shirley isn’t all wrong about faking injuries, but much of that has left the game (not completely, it’s still part of the gamesmanship too often).

Oh, and back to the soccer fags mentality. The best part of that was in our second year, the football team had a down year and we went to the state semis. We had no problem with the ladies.

But carry on, unfortunately, enough people still feel the way you do about the sport, so you can validate your takes in reading similar short-sighted viewpoints (IMO).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I often find the people who have that hardline “old school” view about soccer to be mouth breathers who are blindly ignorant about other things in life and this country.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:28 pm I often find the people who have that hardline “old school” view about soccer to be mouth breathers who are blindly ignorant about other things in life and this country.
Mouth breathers = people who see the world differently than you. See also: ignoramuses; idiots; Trumpers; nutjobs.

Got it.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:15 pm Maybe it’s a big jump for Pdub to get to that.

But I doubt it.

Your previous words ring out from my time playing as a youth (not so much as I kept playing into my 30s).

People that phrased things like you, especially in regards to getting girls, would call those of us that played the sport, ‘Soccer Fags’. Not saying you hold such a viewpoint (especially in 2023), but know that what you said could be quoted from Americans as far back as any of us can remember. It’s just a bad take, IMO.

Shirley isn’t all wrong about faking injuries, but much of that has left the game (not completely, it’s still part of the gamesmanship too often).

Oh, and back to the soccer fags mentality. The best part of that was in our second year, the football team had a down year and we went to the state semis. We had no problem with the ladies.

But carry on, unfortunately, enough people still feel the way you do about the sport, so you can validate your takes in reading similar short-sighted viewpoints (IMO).
I was saying that my view of the sport is colored by the era in which I grew up. The spin on that statement is not mine, but infer away.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Like I said, I’m careful to not paint with a wide brush, but if you are holding onto viewpoints from when you were brought up, maybe it’s time for a new evaluation.

And if not, that’s cool. But in expressing these decades old viewpoints, and admitting these roots is potentially ear-raising to those who know what the old thoughts are actually rooted in.

All that said, I’m glad I mostly move past things that don’t interest me without comment.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:45 pm
pdub wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:28 pm I often find the people who have that hardline “old school” view about soccer to be mouth breathers who are blindly ignorant about other things in life and this country.
Mouth breathers = people who see the world differently than you. See also: ignoramuses; idiots; Trumpers; nutjobs.

Got it.
That's a pretty big leap from what I said to what you inferred, but whatever.

But yes, if you voted for Trump the second time, then yea, you’re a mouth breather or very wealthy and an asshole.

I think it’s safe to say the majority of the 70ish million who voted for Trump also think how you feel about soccer.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Don't like soccer, don't like rap. Not political or prejudice, just not to my taste. Don't like brussel sprouts either.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No problem with that.

Do you feel disdain for nancy boys or foreigners ie people who play soccer?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

So what you are really saying, PDub, is that this dude might not like watching soccer, but he’d surely love joining the fans of Mexico in the puto chant.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

I feel disdain for people who are purposeful and protracted assholes when others don’t share their views. SMH.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

AlOerter wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:07 pm Don't like soccer, don't like rap. Not political or prejudice, just not to my taste. Don't like brussel sprouts either.
I used to hate Brussels sprouts too, but not since I started roasting them.

Wash, cut in half, toss in two-parts olive oil & one-part balsamic vinegar, salt, and minced garlic. Heat oven to 425 and place on a rimmed cookie sheet covered with foil and cook for ~ 20 -30 minutes stirring half-way thru, until the sugars in the Brussels sprouts begins to caramelize. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese straight out of the oven, if you like. And don't spare the salt.

You can thank me later.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Feral wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:58 am
AlOerter wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:07 pm Don't like soccer, don't like rap. Not political or prejudice, just not to my taste. Don't like brussel sprouts either.

Wash, cut in half, toss in two-parts olive oil & one-part balsamic vinegar, salt, and minced garlic. Heat oven to 425 and place on a rimmed cookie sheet covered with foil and cook for ~ 20 -30 minutes stirring half-way thru, until the sugars in the Brussels sprouts begins to caramelize. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese straight out of the oven, if you like. And don't spare the salt.

You can thank me later.
Thanks Feral. A big part of it for me is the smell. Really don't like that smell.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

they oretty much just are miniature cabbages.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

AlOerter wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:37 am
Feral wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:58 am

You can thank me later.
Thanks Feral. A big part of it for me is the smell. Really don't like that smell.
There is that...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Americans love soccer. we don’t like professional soccer. it’s too european. it’s too tooti frooti.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:30 am Americans love soccer. we don’t like professional soccer. it’s too european. it’s too tooti frooti.
Careful, Mich. That's considered hate speech 'round these parts.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i don’t like europeons. that isn’t hate speech. its a fact.