Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by KUTradition »

zing!!!

:lol:

mich calling anyone a pea brain is a compliment
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

c’mon, mich…how about you provide us all with another thinly-veiled racist or misogynist post

you’re so very good at them

it’s almost like you don’t have to try and they’re second nature at this point
Last edited by KUTradition on Fri May 17, 2024 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:42 am in your pea brain. is a vote for a third party a vote for dt or a vote for old uncle.
It depends on where you live.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:32 am https://www.reuters.com/world/us/donald ... 024-05-17/

"Some of Donald Trump's allies are assembling proposals to curtail the Justice Department's independence and turn the nation's top law enforcement body into an attack dog for conservative causes, nine people involved in the effort told Reuters.

If successful, the overhaul could represent one of the most consequential actions of a second Trump presidency given the Justice Department's role in protecting democratic institutions and upholding the rule of law."

Anyone who thinks this election is just about "my opinion or yours" isn't paying attention. It is not TDS in saying that Trump wants to fundamentally dismantle our system for his own benefit and turn us more into a system run like Russia and North Korea.
Stakes, not odds. There is no gray area whatsoever about what Trump intends to do.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A vote for a Third Party is a great way to celebrate the dismantling of your own propsperity and freedom.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

choices! Just as intended.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:24 pm choices! Just as intended.
Take it up with the Founding Fathers.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:58 pm
the founding fathers stipulated that we be limited to 2 "choices" bought and paid for by lobbies?
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:01 pm
the founding fathers stipulated that we be limited to 2 "choices" bought and paid for by lobbies?
If the issue of how money impacts American elections is important to you, your "choice" is clear:

The 2010 Supreme Court ruling in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, reversed century-old campaign finance restrictions and enabled corporations and other outside groups to spend unlimited funds on elections.

While wealthy donors, corporations, and special interest groups have long had an outsized influence in elections, that sway has dramatically expanded since the Citizens United decision, with negative repercussions for American democracy and the fight against political corruption.

Citizens United is a conservative 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization in the United States founded in 1988. In 2010, the organization won a U.S. Supreme Court case known as Citizens United v. FEC, which struck down as unconstitutional a federal law prohibiting corporations and unions from making expenditures in connection with federal elections. The organization's president and chairman is David Bossie. David Bossie was a deputy campaign manager for the 2016 Donald Trump presidential campaign.

Citizens United lifted the limits on how much individuals can contribute to PACs, and allowed corporations, non-profit groups, and unions to give to PACs for the first time (also in unlimited amounts).

The result? A tidal wave of money flooded subsequent elections. For the first time in history, anyone – and any group – could spend unlimited amounts of money promoting a political candidate via super PACs.

It’s important to understand we’re not talking about unlimited campaign contributions here. Citizens United impacted independent political spending only.

A candidate’s official campaign is a whole other animal. PACs are not supposed to coordinate with candidates’ campaigns at all.

What’s the difference between a PAC and a super PAC?

The new rules put in place by Citizens United allowed for the creation of a new kind of PAC known as a “super PAC.”

Super PACs can raise unlimited amounts of money, and can accept unlimited contributions from corporations, wealthy individuals, non-profit groups, and unions.

Unlike traditional PACs, however, super PACs can’t contribute funds directly to the candidate’s campaign.

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:01 pm
As Shirley points out FF indirectly gave room for the corrupted SCOTUS to give us a perverse interpretation of Election Law.

Directly, the Electoral College, a racially based anachronism, allows for a tyranny of the minority, and thus prevents any meaningful reform in beating back the power of the lobbies.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:25 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:11 am You know what should put this argument to bed? When Trump ducks debating even Biden. And I think the odds of that happening are now well in excess of 50%.
How will we know who is ducking who? Neither side wants their guy on stage. At least nobody reasonable. It was embarrassing last time and it'd be even worse this time.

God it's depressing to think these are our 2 choices.
Got my eye on this.
“I’m going to demand a drug test.” Trump demands President Biden take a drug test before the debates, claims Biden was “high as a kite” during the State of the Union. (Video: RSBN)
https://x.com/mikesington/status/179178 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Trump projects. He was high on something for his debates, probably Adderall.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Isn't Adderall used for improving focus and decreasing impulsivity? Seems like a good thing for Trump to take before a debate/rally.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

like Sparko said…projection
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

So, Tim Scott and Matt Gaetz are jockeying for that coveted “I would be proud to pee in your cup for you Donald” spot?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Tim Scott seems to make the most sense.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:24 pm Tim Scott seems to make the most sense.
Ironic choice of words for a group that elevates those who make no sense. Trump knows cans.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'm not smart. Explain it to me like I am a stupid 2nd grader. How/why does having Tim Scott as Donald Trump's running mate help Donald Trump get elected?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i think illy is of the opinion that scott being black will garner trump the black vote

(despite that portion of the electorate not being a monolithic voting block, in addition to scott himself have issues with support from that community…even black republicans. his relative lack of support from that community is nothing new, but rather goes back decades)

i could very well be wrong, though, and illy has something else on his mind
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:16 am I'm not smart. Explain it to me like I am a stupid 2nd grader. How/why does having Tim Scott as Donald Trump's running mate help Donald Trump get elected?
This is fun - the answer happens to rhyme with exactly four other words that happen also to be pertinent to the 2024 election, being gerrymandering and philandering and slandering and meandering.