Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:12 pm So it comes down to mental illness. No one in their right mind would want to do a mass shooting. In a perfect world and we had a choice to have either no mentally ill people (through treatment plans) or no guns, the wise choice would be IMO no mentally ill people.
I know…dream on.
So, your argument is that other countries where this doesn't happen don't have "mental illness".

Have I got that right?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

dolomite wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:12 pm So it comes down to mental illness. No one in their right mind would want to do a mass shooting. In a perfect world and we had a choice to have either no mentally ill people (through treatment plans) or no guns, the wise choice would be IMO no mentally ill people.
I know…dream on.
What's "it"? The gun violence problem? I would say that the gun violence problem has many contributing factors, but the SINGLE common, knowable, tangible thread among all mass shootings - every last one - is...the guns!

It's. The. Fucking. Guns.

Anyone who says different is selling something.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Feral wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:38 pm
I know…dream on.
So, your argument is that other countries where this doesn't happen don't have "mental illness".

Have I got that right?
My argument is that mentally disturbed individuals commit the crime of a single or mass murder(s). I don’t know of countries that are free of mental illnesses and where homicides do not occur.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:24 am
I know…dream on.

Have I got that right?
My argument is that mentally disturbed individuals commit the crime of a single or mass murder(s). I don’t know of countries that are free of mental illnesses and where homicides do not occur.
It took you 2 days to come up with that?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Feral wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:28 am
dolomite wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:24 am

Have I got that right?
It took you 2 days to come up with that?
Been busy with more important stuff.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I hate it when I go to a mall or the movies and mass-obesity breaks out!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Like the trauma-bond that can only occur when folks have been in line for 1 hour only to discover that Panda Express has run out of Orange Chicken.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

zsn wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:26 pm I hate it when I go to a mall or the movies and mass-obesity breaks out!
Someone go do an obesity heat map, overlaid with a Trump voting heat map.

I make this point not to call Trump supporters fat. But instead as yet another example of the people who would benefit MOST from stronger public health policy and services somehow having been convinced that government is evil.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:49 am
zsn wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:26 pm I hate it when I go to a mall or the movies and mass-obesity breaks out!
Someone go do an obesity heat map, overlaid with a Trump voting heat map.

I make this point not to call Trump supporters fat. But instead as yet another example of the people who would benefit MOST from stronger public health policy and services somehow having been convinced that government is evil.
https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/prevalence-maps.html

Yep.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

You know Randy, if you really believed this shit, you wouldn't have to post it every day to convince yourself.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Pure bullshit.

But, you know that
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

A person with an IQ over 70 should realize that sugar coated shit is still shit.
I have a strong feeling randy doesn't understand the definition of Constitutional Carry.
Regardless, I would like randy to answer what the homicide rates per 100,000 citizens are in
Mississippi, Alabama, Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Texas compared to all 50 states.
I could be wrong but I believe each of those states are in the top 20 (or at least top 25).
At least 2 if not 3 or 4 of those states are in the top 5.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:46 pm available on Hulu:

https://m.imdb.com/news/ni64082690?ref_=nws_nwr_li#
1 year ago today, and some of those coward cops still remain employed
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:57 pm

https://twitter.com/calltoactivism/stat ... PzNG4aOfKQ

The point isn’t to dunk on law enforcement. The point is that we have willingly walked a path to where law enforcement is goddamn TERRIFIED to enforce the goddamn laws. Too goddamn TERRIFIED to protect and serve.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:13 pm

The point isn’t to dunk on law enforcement. The point is that we have willingly walked a path to where law enforcement is goddamn TERRIFIED to enforce the goddamn laws. Too goddamn TERRIFIED to protect and serve.
there’s a scene in documentary where the former police chief is talking about shooter having an AR, and how the LEOs were outgunned, followed immediately by body cam footage of officers in the school hallway carrying…wait for it…ARs
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:10 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:13 pm

there’s a scene in documentary where the former police chief is talking about shooter having an AR, and how the LEOs were outgunned, followed immediately by body cam footage of officers in the school hallway carrying…wait for it…ARs
The Randalls of the world genuinely think that at LEAST the present level of kids getting shot to death with ARs is an acceptable price to pay for freedom.