COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
hasbeen

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by hasbeen »

That mishap with the J&J manufacturer seems like a problem. Houston was supposed to get 500k of those next week but is only getting 150k as a result. It's a bit concerning because if you dive into the polling on vaccine hesitancy a substantial chunk is a result of being afraid of needles. I saw one poll that asked that subgroup if they'd be more willing if they knew it was just a single shot (J&J) and a bunch were.

I just want to see basketball and football stadiums (safely) full because the last year has not been the same viewing experience. Get the fucking shot.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Also less death would be nice. Just want to add that.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I don't know why Wally hasn't already asked these deep probing questions, but at least Ted Nugent has the intellectual honesty to ask.

“I would ask you — because I’m addicted to truth, logic and common sense, and my common sense meter would demand the answer to — why weren’t we shut down for COVID-1 through -18? There was a COVID-1, and there was a COVID-2, -3, -4, -5, -6, -7, -8, -9, -10, -11, -12, -13, -14, -15, -16, -17, -18 . COVID-1 through -18 didn’t shut anything down, but whoa, COVID-19, even though it’s 99.8 percent survivable. Why didn’t we shut down for the AIDS epidemic or the flu or the Spanish Flu or the bird flu or the West Nile flu or influenza every year?”

“They claim 500,000 people have died from COVID-19,” Nugent said. “Bullshit. I believe that medical examiners in all 50 states have gone ‘I put down on the death certificate that he died of asphyxiation, but they made me put COVID.’ ‘Well, this guy was stabbed to death, but they made me put down COVID.’ ‘This guy was run over by a tandem gravel truck doing a four-wheel drift and the crows be pecking at your flesh, but they made me put down COVID-19.'”

I think if we are all being honest, we would agree there are some really interesting points brought up here and careful investigation is warranted.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You said Ted Nugent and intellectual in the same sentence.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so how do I know if it’s covid, or just cat scratch fever?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

That's a question for the center of your mind.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I got this fungus in a stranglehold, baby.
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Finally was able to make an appointment, happens to be for J&J... Which I found out right afterwards is only 66.3% effecacious?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Doesn't matter. Lobby says the vaccine will kill ya.
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:31 pm Finally was able to make an appointment, happens to be for J&J... Which I found out right afterwards is only 66.3% effecacious?
If it weren't for possible international travel restrictions, I'd be more than fine with 70% if that's what was readily available. You're still young and healthy.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:12 pm
Mjl wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:31 pm Finally was able to make an appointment, happens to be for J&J... Which I found out right afterwards is only 66.3% effecacious?
If it weren't for possible international travel restrictions, I'd be more than fine with 70% if that's what was readily available. You're still young and healthy.
Yeah, true, not really worried about me, I was just surprised.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

All vaccines approved for emergency use (which is the three that are currently administered widely in the US) are 100% effective at preventing serious illness, hospitalization and death.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:56 pm
All vaccines approved for emergency use (which is the three that are currently administered widely in the US) are 100% effective at preventing serious illness, hospitalization and death.
Thats a pretty bold statement. One that i dont think you can prove or know. CnBs approach to the answer was the more correct and realistic answer.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Ok... When I Googled "how efficacious is the Johnson and Johnson covid vaccine, it shows a blurb from the cdc website saying:

"The J&J/Janssen vaccine was 66.3% effective in clinical trials (efficacy) at preventing laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 illness in people who had no evidence of prior infection 2 weeks after receiving the vaccine. People had the most protection 2 weeks after getting vaccinated"
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:32 pm
Thats a pretty bold statement. One that i dont think you can prove or know. CnBs approach to the answer was the more correct and realistic answer.
It’s very knowable and provable. Rates of infection vary, but so far all vaccines are 100% effective against hospitalization and death

https://www.astho.org/COVID-19/Vaccine-Comparison/
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just saying that we dont know enough to make omnipotent statements like 100%. Nor do we need that grand statement to make it the reasonable and correct choice to get the shot. Dont be the lobster of the righteous.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

zsn wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:18 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:32 pm

It’s very knowable and provable. Rates of infection vary, but so far all vaccines are 100% effective against hospitalization and death

https://www.astho.org/COVID-19/Vaccine-Comparison/
Keep in mind that you're talking to a Trumper
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Thanks for chiming in with your lying, shit spewing, drivel.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Unlike lobs I am showing you objective data. I don’t disagree that efficacy rates are different for each vaccine differs when it comes to actually preventing infection (and there are several hypotheses why - one for instance is that the J&J vaccine trials happened when the community infection rate was much higher than when the other trials were conducted). However, in all trials no deaths or hospitalization occurred in the treatment group. There is no political or other bias involved. Everything I have stated is verifiable. If data emerged otherwise I would accept the reality and state what they reveal.

Back to my original point: it doesn’t really matter which authorized vaccine one gets, as long as one does get vaccinated.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Is it your day to play the knowitall. The other knowitalls have the day off