Chiefs 2022

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: Chiefs 2022

Post by holidaysmore »

pdub wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:37 am "Disagreements take place."

The disagreement in the first half of the Bengals game led to an entire second half of fighting between Mahomes, Reid and Bienemy.

Reid had to stop the two from fighting yesterday. I think it's a pattern.
Something is broken. No denying that and I don’t see any path that EB returns to KC. His time has really run its course here but this is Reid’s team from top to bottom. He has the final word in everything so if it was as bad as reports say it is EB would have been gone at the end of last year.

Jones penalty was such complete garbage. Pull them apart. Tell Jones to knock it off and say next time that is 15. Refs have way too much power but this is what the NFL wants. Entertainment. Drama. Click articles. The NFL isn’t about fairness they are about ENTERTAINMENT.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:46 am
Something is broken. No denying that and I don’t see any path that EB returns to KC. His time has really run its course here but this is Reid’s team from top to bottom. He has the final word in everything so if it was as bad as reports say it is EB would have been gone at the end of last year.

Jones penalty was such complete garbage. Pull them apart. Tell Jones to knock it off and say next time that is 15. Refs have way too much power but this is what the NFL wants. Entertainment. Drama. Click articles. The NFL isn’t about fairness they are about ENTERTAINMENT.
"He has the final word in everything so if it was as bad as reports say it is EB would have been gone at the end of last year."

I don't think we could do this as an organization given the current climate/narrative in the NFL. My guess is they were ready to move on but simply could not in fear of blowback and/or lawsuits.

"Jones penalty was such complete garbage. Pull them apart."

Right. This happens ALL of the time in the NFL. Players even push each other a little bit or get right in each others faces and there aren't penalties.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Check what Tom Brady says weekly on the field. It ain't the kindest shit in the world.

My guess is Jones said something like Cracker or something dumb like that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Or, Jones could have kept his stupid mouth shut and not given the ref the opportunity to throw a flag.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sure.
But there could be 50 flags thrown each game for not keeping stupid mouths shut.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm kind of over it now. I won't full illy and not let this go. I was pretty angry yesterday and way past half gushered.

I met another Chiefs fan at the sports bar and when the play was over (I thought it was Clark) I said, "Clark better shut his mouth before he gives those a-holes a 1st down.... crap"
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

What isn't entertaining is a talking penalty gifting a win to one of the least entertaining teams in sports.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Tampa with an incoming hurricane. Game could be relocated.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:31 pm Tampa with an incoming hurricane. Game could be relocated.
Should be relocated to KC. Tired of playing Brady on the road.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Word is, if it is moved, it's moving to Minneapolis.
Good friend lives up there and he'd definitely try to go -- wonder how tickets would work?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Not sure how they did it a few years back when GB and New Orleans were moved from NO to Jacksonville.

But imagine something similar.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

If I remember correctly, we were to play San Diego in Mexico City when they determined the field was too crappy to play on. That game was moved to San Diego.

Now this and it's moved to Minnesota? Where's Sparko when we need him?
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:52 am Not sure how they did it a few years back when GB and New Orleans were moved from NO to Jacksonville.

But imagine something similar.
I think they had free reign on tickets. Anybody could buy them online or at the stadium the day of.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I may be mistaken, but I believe Brady’s last game in US Bank was a loss to Philadelphia.

Much of his family is from Minny, iirc.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

I'm very worried about the people in Tampa Bay. I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about all of this.
Ain't no seats
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

path changed a bit, supposedly going to scrape all the way up the west coast if Florida now and not directly hit Tampa. But....that could be worse, extended storm surge and longer monsoon times it seems.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The BUD is in Orlando on a work trip and is scheduled to fly out at 6:30 tonight.
Really hoping she gets out.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

Should be good to get out on time. I think I saw expected landfall Wednesday at around 8 p.m.
Ain't no seats
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Supposed to get like 15+ inches of rain in Tampa with the 60+ mph winds. Ain't no way a game should be played there.