Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:54 am Putin and trumpty dumpty have been working on this for a decade. It is a defensive weapon they will deploy to blow up hurricanes, and of course Nazis.

Not the Nazis that support them, just the bad Nazis.
That tricksy MIC - always pushing for a complex, nuclear, space-based solution to a problem that can be solved with a $1.99 Sharpie.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

dammit, fish…bear me to the punch with the sharpie jab
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

japhy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:54 am Putin and trumpty dumpty have been working on this for a decade. It is a defensive weapon they will deploy to blow up hurricanes, and of course Nazis.

Not the Nazis that support them, just the bad Nazis.
All Nazis are bad Nazis.

Or if you really wanna go full Qusdahl, the expression goes something like, “the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi.”

That gaping plot hole in Inglorious Basterds comes to mind, when the Basterds deal with the Nazis by killing and scalping them, instead of just like, you know, voting blue

Besides, I’m a nice enough fool to think maybe even someone as vile as a Nazi can some day change, especially if we get the hot springs thread involved.

I digress…

Where are these updates about the national security threat! The suspense is too much! Cuz these threats are so serious! Like super serious! So super duper serious our government can’t even tell them wut the threats is! Stay tuned, proud American patriots!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

What kind of updates are you expecting?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:57 am What kind of updates are you expecting?
he doesn’t know
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:57 am What kind of updates are you expecting?
a daily tik tok update condensed into 30 seconds from some fake hippy chick from California outta do the trick.

I mean, the guy references inglorious bastards and wants to be taken seriously, I mean....comeon.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

TDub wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:56 pm
a daily tik tok update condensed into 30 seconds from some fake hippy chick from California outta do the trick.

I mean, the guy references inglorious bastards and wants to be taken seriously, I mean....comeon.
You mean that movie wasn't a documentary?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:00 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:56 pm

You mean that movie wasn't a documentary?
almost
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

You guys realize the ones posting serious percolating speculation from social media here is not me, right?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

the lack of self awareness is fucking shocking.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What self awareness would you like?

Am I still not searching for enough speculation on twitter and tik tok for you?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:29 pm
he doesn’t know
You realize I’m mocking the flimsy ass “threats” our government is once again trying to peddle to us, and the mericans who are once again clutching pearls about it…right?

It’s almost as if we still haven’t learned one god damn thing from WMDs in Iraq huh.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:45 pm What self awareness would you like?

Am I still not searching for enough speculation on twitter and tik tok for you?
none, you've done enough for a decade. I need nothing further from you. You've proved over and over that you're a numbnuts.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

The national security spokesperson, John Kirby, would not directly confirm or deny reports that the new Russian weapon was nuclear, but he did say it was “space-based” and that it violated the 1967 Outer Space Treaty, which prohibits the deployment in space of nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction.

Kirby was briefing reporters at the White House amid a wave of speculation following cryptic comments about the new threat by the Republican chair of the House intelligence committee, Mike Turner.

nbd

i’m sure we can totally trust vlad, despite all of the international treaties and agreements he’s reneged on
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Chilling.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:34 pm The national security spokesperson, John Kirby, would not directly confirm or deny reports that the new Russian weapon was nuclear, but he did say it was “space-based” and that it violated the 1967 Outer Space Treaty, which prohibits the deployment in space of nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction.

Kirby was briefing reporters at the White House amid a wave of speculation following cryptic comments about the new threat by the Republican chair of the House intelligence committee, Mike Turner.

nbd

i’m sure we can totally trust vlad, despite all of the international treaties and agreements he’s reneged on
And let’s zoom in on that - setting to the side the (not-at-all-uncalled-for) WMDs in SPACE!!! thing.

What you point out directly bears on what reasonable “peace” conditions/discussions (vis a vis Russia/Ukraine) are even capable of looking like.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

not-at-all-uncalled-for?

is that a sort of agreement that all these cryptic threat soundbites should be viewed with skepticism?!

and would you care to elaborate what you mean on "peace" conditions/discussions, please?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean...

U.S. Rejects Putin’s Latest Call for Ukraine Negotiations

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/09/us/p ... peace.html
The Biden administration dismissed on Friday a call by President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia for negotiations to end the war in Ukraine, showing no sign that flagging political support for American military aid to Kyiv had made President Biden more inclined to make concessions to Moscow.

During his two-hour interview at the Kremlin with the former Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who now broadcasts independently online, Mr. Putin offered long defenses of his invasion of Ukraine in February 2022 but said he was prepared to settle the conflict diplomatically.

“We are willing to negotiate,” Mr. Putin told Mr. Carlson in the interview, which was released on Thursday. “You should tell the current Ukrainian leadership to stop and come to the negotiating table,” he added, referring to the U.S. government.

The Russian leader spoke at a moment of apparent leverage, following the failure of a vaunted Ukrainian summer counteroffensive to achieve substantial gains and as the Biden administration is struggling to win congressional approval for desperately needed additional military aid for Kyiv.

It is not the first time Mr. Putin has expressed willingness to negotiate over the fate of Ukraine, and Western officials have long been skeptical of his intentions. But because it was his first interview with an American media figure since the invasion, his call for talks has extra resonance, analysts said.
now, I'll admit. I haven't actually watched the Tucker interview. Wasn't particularly interested, but maybe I should be, I guess. Plus, that could be a wild way to get the randys and lobsters on bored with a peace deal, among other things.

and, I agree with "Western officials" who are skeptical of his intentions. As they should be!

But, also consider the position of those Western officials...
“Both we and President Zelensky have said numerous times that we believe this war will end through negotiations,” a National Security Council spokesman said in a statement. “Despite Mr. Putin’s words, we have seen no actions to indicate he is interested in ending this war. If he was, he would pull back his forces and stop his ceaseless attacks on Ukraine.”
do western officials expect Putin to offer a ceasefire as a precondition for beginning negotiations toward a ceasefire?

...I guess this may or may not corroborate my concern that the U.S. does NOT want a ceasefire, even if everyone else involved does; largely for the reasons Fish has articulated - clearing out our weapons stash and depleting Russia's and flexing on China and jobs jobs jobs and such.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ukraine controls conditions for its liberation.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:13 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:00 pm Biden’s current strategy of piecemeal support has not only yielded 1/5 of Ukraine to Russia so far, but also Biden just seems…ok with conceding it?

You continue to have ZERO idea what this actually means and represents (or you keep saying it, even though you know better).

And things like that just make everything else you say...unserious.

I also meant to ask yesterday, but, would you kindly elaborate on this one too please?