Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:45 am
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:39 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:11 am Navalny reported dead
Reading a little about it, he missed several court hearing via webcam in December and his family has been concerned about his well being....has he been dead this entire time?
There was court video of him looking in good health just yesterday.

Filling out my custom MAGA Bingo card...let's see, I'll need a square for "The Biden Regime Killed Navalny to Make a Martyr Out of Him and a Widow out of His Wife," ok. And now I'll add one for "Can't You See the Dangers of Political Justice; This is What They're Trying to Do to Trump!"
We're used to Randy parroting Marjorie Taylor Green and ousdahl channeling Putin, but you catapulting convicted felon Dinesh D’Souza's propaganda comes as a surprise:

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:05 am

Reading a little about it, he missed several court hearing via webcam in December and his family has been concerned about his well being....has he been dead this entire time?

Filling out my custom MAGA Bingo card...let's see, I'll need a square for "The Biden Regime Killed Navalny to Make a Martyr Out of Him and a Widow out of His Wife," ok. And now I'll add one for "Can't You See the Dangers of Political Justice; This is What They're Trying to Do to Trump!"
We're used to Randy parroting Marjorie Taylor Green and ousdahl channeling Putin, but you catapulting convicted felon Dinesh D’Souza's propaganda comes as a surprise:

One of the worst of this stupid era, which is really saying something.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

He is 99 mules short of a laundry soap
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Don't bring me into this
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:36 am He is 99 mules short of a laundry soap
^^^

I'm no lawyer, but I have to wonder if Dinesh's movie might be a target-rich area for an industrious plaintiff attorney or two, seeing as how it, like Biden's pending impeachment, was/is built on lies.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:40 am Don't bring me into this
lol!
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

99 is as salty as borax
😉
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The irony; coming just a day after Dinesh's "experts" admit in court they there is no data or evidence to support the lies he has been peddling and grifting the rubes with.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:47 am

The irony; coming just a day after Dinesh's "experts" admit in court they there is no data or evidence to support the lies he has been peddling and grifting the rubes with.
Sort of amazing just how much of all of this comes down to greedy people figuring out they can lie without consequence.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

And yet it is trumpty dumpty who said he wanted to change libel laws. Go figure.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:14 am And yet it is trumpty dumpty who said he wanted to change libel laws. Go figure.
What he REALLY wants to change is the definition of "lie."

As an aside, in big complex documents, there will often be dozens, if not hundreds, of so-called "Defined Terms". In theory you could say that:
"Red" means the color blue."
And then Red means blue, wherever Red is used in the contract.

An old saw is that I'll let you draft the body of the contract, if you let me draft the definitions.

Which calls this story to mind:

Sure, Let's Let the Head of a Militia Group Redefine 'Terrorism'

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/p ... ic-parker/
The Bundy Bunch is back again, totin' them farr-aarms for freedom's holy cause. From InvestigateWest:
Parker’s decision to point a gun at government officials got him accused of “domestic terrorism” by the FBI. He spent 19 months in prison. He went through two federal trials. But it also gave him the kind of fame that he’s been turning into political influence ever since. And now, Parker, head of the Real Three Percenters of Idaho, a militia movement group, is casting himself as a key architect of Senate Bill 1220, an Idaho bill to change the state’s definition of terrorism.

The bill “essentially guts” the state’s Terrorist Control Act, said Jim Jones, a Republican who served as the state’s Idaho Attorney General from 1983 to 1991. Jones said he convinced the Legislature to pass the act nearly 40 years ago, in the wake of a bombing of a North Idaho priest’s home by violent white supremacists. It gave the state the power to charge criminal acts that are “dangerous to human life” and intended to influence government policy through intimidation as an “act of terrorism,” carrying elevated criminal penalties. This bill would change the law to apply only to those who commit violent acts who are associated with federally designated foreign terrorist organizations, like ISIS or Hamas, making it inert against actual homegrown domestic terrorists.
How nice!
Parker walked into a January 2018 meeting of the Idaho Legislature as a free man. Two trials over his role in the Bundy standoff had resulted in two hung juries. He’d copped to a misdemeanor plea of obstruction to avoid a third. Rep. Dorothy Moon, R-Stanley, announced Parker was in the room and praised him for “everything he’s done for the citizens of Idaho and Nevada.” Dozens of Republican members of the Legislature responded with a hail of applause. Moon and more than 50 of her Idaho Republican legislative colleagues had signed a 2017 letter urging the charges against Parker be dropped, arguing they represented government overreach. Today, Moon is the head of the state GOP.
Chairman Moon represents 122 people. So, naturally, we should allow Stanley, Idaho to define terrorism.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:06 am No one has ever said Putin is a swell trustworthy guy.

But Putin has at least suggested a diplomatic approach to a ceasefire more so than western leaders, and U.S. leaders particularly.
This is the stupid shit you say that digs your hole.

Jan 2022:

"The Biden administration has delivered a plan to Russia offering a diplomatic way to resolve the crisis over Ukraine."

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/26/10758809 ... sis-in-ukr

Nov 2022:

"The Biden administration is urging Ukrainian President Zelenskyy to signal he is open to negotiating with Russia."

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-a ... ia-2022-11

Dec 2022:

Mr. Biden said on Thursday that he would hold his first conversation with Mr. Putin since before Russia invaded Ukraine on Feb. 24 if the Russian leader was “looking for a way to end the war.” But U.S. officials said that Russia, as they have previously assessed, was not prepared to negotiate in good faith, and Russian officials repeated hard-line demands that are unacceptable to Kyiv.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/02/us/p ... talks.html

Sep 2023:

"And we’re going to continue to support Ukraine’s diplomatic effort to deliver a just and lasting peace — a peace that protects Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. "

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... l-meeting/

And on and on and on...

Yet one Tucker Calson interview later, you're here parroting Putin's talking point that Russia is open to negotiations but the US is not.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Thanks twocoach. Boy you did your own research!

I’ll read all those after work and comment in more detail, but after perusing just now, I didn’t see the U.S. and/or Ukraine offering anything up toward diplomatic negotiations.

That’s to say, do we want to negotiate a peace, or do we want to impose a forced submission?

And where you dig yourself a hole is when I comment I haven’t watched the Tucker interview, then you double down as if I’m parroting Putin from the Tucker interview anyway.

It’s evidence of how aggressively you guys would rather gaslight than just think objectively here, in something broader than good guy bad guy narratives. Kindly spare me.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shirley, every time you try to paint me as a Putin supporter, I’m going to ask you this question, once again:

What makes you think the exact same dipshits who sold us on WMDs in Iraq are suddenly playing us straight on Ukraine?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:49 am
That’s to say, do we want to negotiate a peace, or do we want to impose a forced submission?
I'm sorry, what? You appear to be coming at this from a forced perspective that rhetorically flips aggressor and victim.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:12 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:49 am
I'm sorry, what? You appear to be coming at this from a forced perspective that rhetorically flips aggressor and victim.
Since I haven’t had the chance yet to read all of twocoach’s links, and don’t recall otherwise, could you please help me understand what terms the U.S./nato/ukraine/the west at large have offered toward peace negotiations with Russia?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:12 am those who don’t learn from history…
What about the history of U.S. imperial militancy makes you think this contemporaneous situation will end well?

I just have this awful concern Ukraine is gonna end up no better off than Afghanistan or Iraq.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

what fucking responsibility do they have to offer peace negotiations to a country that invaded another? Get the fuck out and we stop shooting at you seems pretty damn reasonable. Are you seriously so fucking confused in this deal that you forget that Russia invaded Ukraine? Or are you just stupid?
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:49 am Thanks twocoach. Boy you did your own research!

I’ll read all those after work and comment in more detail, but after perusing just now, I didn’t see the U.S. and/or Ukraine offering anything up toward diplomatic negotiations.

And where you dig yourself a hole is when I comment I haven’t watched the Tucker interview, then you double down as if I’m parroting Putin from the Tucker interview anyway.

It’s evidence of how aggressively you guys would rather gaslight than just think objectively here, in something broader than good guy bad guy narratives. Kindly spare me.
"The Biden administration has delivered a plan to Russia offering a diplomatic way to resolve the crisis over Ukraine."

No one is gaslighting you. You have just chosen your version of what's going on and seem to selectively ignore the things that refute it. Sorry that world relations between global superpowers are more complicated than can be summed up in 100 characters.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Thanks. What are the details of Biden’s diplomatic plan delivered to Russia?