We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by randylahey »

The republican party is going through a bit of a civil war. People who actually are trying to better this country vs the corrupt deep state politicians. It makes the republican party look bad and a but divided

The democrat party acts in unison. As a streamlined platform. It makes them look good from a distance, but sadly, it's because they are nearly all a bunch of corrupt deep state politicians
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The people pulling the strings behind the democrat party do not represent the American citizen. They represent globalist powers such as the WEF that want a weakened America with less freedom

The republican party is like half and half
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

So, WEF is your boogeyman THIS week?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

That, or the deep state which, of course, he's never identified.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Democrats speaking up for workers, freedom and health care. Randy asking for a match to set himself on fire.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

randylahey wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:52 pm The republican party is going through a bit of a civil war. People who actually are trying to better this country vs the corrupt deep state politicians. It makes the republican party look bad and a but divided

The democrat party acts in unison. As a streamlined platform. It makes them look good from a distance, but sadly, it's because they are nearly all a bunch of corrupt deep state politicians
McCarthy, like Biden, is governing for the people of Ukraine rather than the people of the United States. He is a Democrat in Republican clothing and got what he has long deserved.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:10 am
randylahey wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:52 pm The republican party is going through a bit of a civil war. People who actually are trying to better this country vs the corrupt deep state politicians. It makes the republican party look bad and a but divided

McCarthy, like Biden, is governing for the people of Ukraine rather than the people of the United States. He is a Democrat in Republican clothing and got what he has long deserved.
For someone who claims not to be a Trump supporter, you sure do the Trump supporter thing (where anyone who crosses the MAGA loons is a Democrat plant, despite all evidence to the contrary).
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s pretty transparent
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:19 am

For someone who claims not to be a Trump supporter, you sure do the Trump supporter thing (where anyone who crosses the MAGA loons is a Democrat plant, despite all evidence to the contrary).
Yeah, maybe "Democrat" is too narrow a net to cast, since lots of Republicans have the same set of beliefs and vote the same way. "Globalist lackey" might be a better, more accurate term. Anyone who thinks sending $135 billion and counting to Ukraine while people in Hawaii get a $700 check and are told their property is likely to be claimed under imminent domain laws is good policy is a globalist lackey right alongside McCarthy, Brandon, Giggles, Pelosi, and the rest.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:28 am

Yeah, maybe "Democrat" is too narrow a net to cast, since lots of Republicans have the same set of beliefs and vote the same way. "Globalist lackey" might be a better, more accurate term. Anyone who thinks sending $135 billion and counting to Ukraine while people in Hawaii get a $700 check and are told their property is likely to be claimed under imminent domain laws is good policy is a globalist lackey right alongside McCarthy, Brandon, Giggles, Pelosi, and the rest.
You know full well that what you are saying about Hawaii is not accurate. You know that.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:31 am

You know full well that what you are saying about Hawaii is not accurate. You know that.
What I'm saying about Hawaii comes straight from Tulsi Gabbard, who lives there. I'll believe her before I listen to the "mainstream" media.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

don’t you mean “lamestream media”

might as well go all in on the narrative
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

"Tulsi Gabbard"

Stop, you're killing me!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:33 am

What I'm saying about Hawaii comes straight from Tulsi Gabbard, who lives there. I'll believe her before I listen to the "mainstream" media.
Ok. You’re choosing to believe what you want to believe. But there is lots and lots and lots of objective data to the contrary.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireSto ... -102384028

It simply IS misleading to say people got $700 checks and the government walked away.

It simply IS misleading to say the government is going to be gobbling up land by eminent domain.

This is the problem: when your worldview STARTS with latching on to conspiracy memes, you are anchored by falsehoods. And you are clearly smart enough to see through it.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:49 am

And you are clearly smart enough to see through it.
Ummmmm....
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Ok. You’re choosing to believe what you want to believe. But there is lots and lots and lots of objective data to the contrary.

It simply IS misleading to say people got $700 checks and the government walked away.

It simply IS misleading to say the government is going to be gobbling up land by eminent domain.

This is the problem: when your worldview STARTS with latching on to conspiracy memes, you are anchored by falsehoods. And you are clearly smart enough to see through it.
I don't dispute that the government MIGHT be forthcoming with more at some point in the future. My quarrel is with expediency and timing. Why keep funneling billions overseas rather than immediately providing for the poorest of the poor in our own country?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:46 am "Tulsi Gabbard"

Stop, you're killing me!
Racism and misogyny in one post. Strong work.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:54 am

I don't dispute that the government MIGHT be forthcoming with more at some point in the future. My quarrel is with expediency and timing. Why keep funneling billions overseas rather than immediately providing for the poorest of the poor in our own country?
We’re doing both! That’s what being in the big chair, globally, means!

Just because we’re not sending smallpox blankets to refugees before they cross the border, and then lining the entire border with electric fences and Africanized killer beehives atop them, doesn’t mean we’re putting Ukraine above America.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Because Republicans keep shutting down funding to programs that support the poorest of the poor? Or did I miss the GOP getting behind things like welfare, SNAP, etc...
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:57 am

We’re doing both! That’s what being in the big chair, globally, means!

Just because we’re not sending smallpox blankets to refugees before they cross the border, and then lining the entire border with electric fences and Africanized killer beehives atop them, doesn’t mean we’re putting Ukraine above America.
I don't care about being in the big chair globally. I care about taking care of Americans, which those in power have decided is no longer of primary importance. Hence, the popularity of the Trumps, Viveks, and RFKs.

The rest of your post is reductio ad absurdum.