Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: My challenge to the dedicated "Right"

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:20 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:59 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:47 am

I honestly didn't expect one.
Having somebody who acknowledges that Obamacare is a cluster hump and is pledging to do something about is versus insisting that it is working just fine and that any objections to it are just indicative of selfishness, is a HUGE improvement. I thought that was implied.
I get that your idol pledges to do a lot.
I am asking for ACTUAL accomplishments....and how they have positively affected YOU.
Not my idol.

His term isn't over. Still six years to go. But not cratering the economy has positively affected me to my satisfaction.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:26 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:59 am

Having somebody who acknowledges that Obamacare is a cluster hump and is pledging to do something about is versus insisting that it is working just fine and that any objections to it are just indicative of selfishness, is a HUGE improvement. I thought that was implied.
I am asking for ACTUAL accomplishments....and how they have positively affected YOU.
Not my idol.

His term isn't over. Still six years to go. But not cratering the economy has positively affected me to my satisfaction.

Yeah, Trump definitely saved us from that nosedive.

I will check back with you in 5 years...see how you feel.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

zsn wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:22 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:40 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:12 am You dont have to hit at 100% to do good. There are thousands of lives made better thanks to government assistance on a daily basis. There are improvements to be made but scrapping it is stupid.
I agree...the problem is, and my state knows this well, is that government is (often times) wasteful, corrupt, and inefficient...too many over paid state and federal government workers.

Less government equals better government imo.
Explain to me how sending >10,000 active duty military personnel to thwart ~2000 people from ATTEMPTING to cross the border is better than helping people's lives by formulating rules to reign in the tyrrany of the Health Insurance Industry?

BTW, if you think State and Federal workers have it so good would you give up your present (ostensibly) poorer situation and take up their plight?
You do understand that they are not going to stop unless forced to, right? Do you want those people living on your front lawn, bathing in your McDonald's bathroom? Do you want their kids taking up resources in your kids' public schools because they don't speak English and haven't had any consistent formal education? I don't.

I get that the Dems are desperate for voters - legitimate or not - but you're being extremely short-sighted.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Economies go up, economies go down. We will have another recession for sure. Until then I will enjoy. Rather than crossing your fingers and hoping like hell, you should to.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:27 pm

Not my idol.

You'll have to forgive me, but I still vividly remember 2007 and 2008, when the best idea the Genius in Chief could come up with is bailing out lenders who then turned around and sat on the money he stupidly thought they'd pump back into the economy. Money in hand is a powerful motivator for me.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I see that economics isn't your thing.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

So weird to read all of you hoping against hope that the economy will crash.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:45 pm I see that economics isn't your thing.
Definitely wasn’t BO’s thing.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:15 pm
zsn wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:01 am For the record, still no answer to the original question. No one can yet point to something that is an improvement (vast or not) over the past two years from the eight before.
My 401k.
That only does me good if I am retiring right now. Which I am not. I am in the investment phase of life, so it COSTS more now to invest than it did before.

Yet another example of how people are being led to believe the "economy" is doing great when in fact it is an artificial inflation to further enrich a bunch of old wealthy people paid for out of the pocket of younger folks with less money.
Last edited by twocoach on Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:01 pm
zsn wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:01 am For the record, still no answer to the original question. No one can yet point to something that is an improvement (vast or not) over the past two years from the eight before.
My 401k.
That only does me good if I am retiring right now. Which I am not. I am in the investment phase of life, so it COSTS more now to invest than it did before.
I bet you're fun at parties.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:01 pm Yet another example of how people are being led to believe the "economy" is doing great when in fact it is an artificial inflation to further enrich a bunch of old wealthy people paid for out of the pocket of younger folks with less money.
If you Insert the word "white" in between "old" and "wealthy" you've nailed it. bravo.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Getting rid of the mandate for insurance was an improvement. Lowering taxes was an improvement.

Don't get me wrong -- I don't think Obama was horrible. He was better than Bush, but he was obviously another sold-out politician. He could have easily passed a single payer system, but decided to change his mind by forcing everyone to have private insurance. I cannot forgive him for that betrayal. He also continued our military involvement overseas which results in the murdering of people, which unfortunately every recent president has done. However, I still think he was better than Romney.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Not my idol.

You'll have to forgive me, but I still vividly remember 2007 and 2008, when the best idea the Genius in Chief could come up with is bailing out lenders who then turned around and sat on the money he stupidly thought they'd pump back into the economy. Money in hand is a powerful motivator for me.
Is this where we point out to Psych that Obama didn't take office until 2009?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

I lieu of Count not being here to chime in, I'm sure he'd say the worst thing about Obama's years was Michelle's penis.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

chiknbut wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:49 pm I lieu of Count not being here to chime in, I'm sure he'd say the worst thing about Obama's years was Michelle's penis.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:04 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:01 pm

My 401k.
I bet you're fun at parties.
Am I wrong, though? Hey, it's cool to see my accounts getting bigger but right now that is not real money to me. It's just a number on a monthly statement. And part of the reason it is the size it is can be as much accounted to the fact that I was smart enough to buy a bunch of good stocks a few years ago when they were cheaper. Sorry but that is reality.

And for the record, I am a blast at parties.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:46 pm

Well he is technically correct. The decisions under Bush were mind numbingly stupid.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

No, he thinks he is on a roll
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Geezer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:45 pm I see that economics isn't your thing.
Definitely wasn’t BO’s thing.
Reduced unemployment of all measurements, one of the longest bull markets ever, no bubble, slow but steady gdp growth, very low inflation... Yeah, what a moron that guy was.

My only complaint was him not getting the deficit under control after the recovery. The pubs then, instead of getting back to their alledged values, made it far worse.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Well he is technically correct. The decisions under Bush were mind numbingly stupid.
I fear to think what would have happened without TARP.