Oh boy NIKE in trouble

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Oh boy NIKE in trouble

Post by jfish26 »

I think you're making a specific point in search of an argument. I don't think there's any serious person who thinks that introducing transparency and regulation into a black market will cause more bad acts.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

No, I simply dont buy into the claims that it will end, or even marginally reduce, bad acts.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Adding more money into the recruiting process does nothing to take any money out of it.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:07 pm No, I simply dont buy into the claims that it will end, or even marginally reduce, bad acts.
Ok. I don't think you'd find an economist or market psychologist that would support your position (for free, anyway).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Geezer wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:18 pm Adding more money into the recruiting process does nothing to take any money out of it.
I've never suggested that there should be less money in the recruiting process.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:31 pm
Geezer wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:18 pm Adding more money into the recruiting process does nothing to take any money out of it.
I've never suggested that there should be less money in the recruiting process.
Exactly.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KC Phogushers are lookin pretty solid this year.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:10 am KC Phogushers are lookin pretty solid this year.
Wouldn't it only be the KC Phogushers if the school pays them? Nobody I've seen has suggested the schools be allowed to do that. Most think schools paying players is a terrible idea.

Why anyone would rather our players and staff be forced to do this under the table (which our staff is CLEARLY aware of, if not involved in somewhat indirectly) is beyond me.

Why would you like a player less or think he cares less if he can sign with an agent (or whatever) who can legally advance them money secured by future earnings?

Newsflash: A LOT of our current and former players were being paid under the table. You think the FBI caught the only 2 players Self and Company were getting money to for commitments to Kansas? LOL. Stick your head back in the sand bruh.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Most realize that the head coaches, asst coaches, kids, parents, guardians, handlers, aau coaches, shoe companies, agents, posses, hangersoners are participating in nonsense on the recruiting trail. We just don't know what, if anything, can be done about it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:12 am Most realize that the head coaches, asst coaches, kids, parents, guardians, handlers, aau coaches, shoe companies, agents, posses, hangersoners are participating in nonsense on the recruiting trail. We just don't know what, if anything, can be done about it.
But: yes, we do.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No we don't.
We don't know the way to fix it.
We can assume one way will.

You have your suggestions. Other people have other suggestions.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Probably the worst way to address this problem, or nearly any complex problem, is to not do anything until you're 100% sure that the problem will be 100% fixed by the proposed solution.

I am not saying - no one is saying - that players getting money means everything is perfect forever.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:30 amYou think the FBI caught the only 2 players Self and Company were getting money to for commitments to Kansas?
It's a lot closer to only 2 players having NOT received some type of impermissible benefit while a recruit.

Step 1 in ridding the large majority of the weird shady dudes is to just admit it and turn the goddamn light on. Watch the roaches scatter.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:17 am Probably the worst way to address this problem, or nearly any complex problem, is to not do anything until you're 100% sure that the problem will be 100% fixed by the proposed solution.

I am not saying - no one is saying - that players getting money means everything is perfect forever.
I agree.
Something needs to be done.
I don't agree converting college into the semi pros is the solution.
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:18 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:30 amYou think the FBI caught the only 2 players Self and Company were getting money to for commitments to Kansas?
It's a lot closer to only 2 players having NOT received some type of impermissible benefit while a recruit.

Step 1 in ridding the large majority of the weird shady dudes is to just admit it and turn the goddamn light on. Watch the roaches scatter.
Lunistra (I'm sure I butchered that spelling) and teahan are probably our 2 players in the clear from this year's team. Maybe mitch?
Deleted User 75

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:19 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:17 am Probably the worst way to address this problem, or nearly any complex problem, is to not do anything until you're 100% sure that the problem will be 100% fixed by the proposed solution.

I agree.
It's not semi-pro if the colleges aren't the ones paying the players.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:13 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:12 am Most realize that the head coaches, asst coaches, kids, parents, guardians, handlers, aau coaches, shoe companies, agents, posses, hangersoners are participating in nonsense on the recruiting trail. We just don't know what, if anything, can be done about it.
I assume that IF they knew how to fix it in a satisfactory manner that will satisfy most, if not satisfy all, they will/would do so. They have not done so as of yet. So I take that to mean they don't know how, yet. Maybe they will know how down the road. Maybe.

You put 5 so-called experts around a table and ask them what to do, we get 4 different answers.
Last edited by MICHHAWK on Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:19 am

I agree.
Why does it work for Olympic sports, and for every other conceivable thing a person might do while at the same time being in college?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:25 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:13 am
I assume that IF they knew how to fix it in a satisfactory manner that will satisfy most, if not satisfy all, they will/would do so. Theyhave not done so as of yet. So I take that mean they don't know how, yet. Maybe they will know how down the road. Maybe.

You put 5 so-called experts around a table and ask them what to do, we get 4 different answers.