Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 104

Re: Q gone...

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Maybe they recruit smarter players?
painter

Post by painter »

I think Malik might be a better reference for deterring his decision. Monster post season performance and still yet to stick in the league.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And Malik better season/showing for sure.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:51 pm How many players came into programs super-highly regarded, didn't perform worth a damn, left after one year, and still had legit NBA careers?

Jrue Holiday definitely.
Could argue Drummond, if you consider 10 and 7.5 not performing.
Steven Adams.

I can't think of any others.
Daniel Orton was not ranked as high as Q in high school and was a reserve at UK. Got drafted anyway and saw a bit of NBA court time.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Did Malik ever even pretend to be a pg though?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Some guys would rather play as a pro for money than play for free in college. Not hard to understand.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Malik wasn’t a freshman
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:30 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:24 pm all of a sudden i feel less confident about Dotson
Maybe it's a reason to be more confident. Grimes came in as a OAD, played like shit, but left because he had his mind made up. Dotson thought he'd be here a couple years, even though he exceeded expectations, maybe he's mentally set on staying.

Now I sound like lonestar.
You are sounding smart...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

There will always be only one Q.

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Why do fans believe a player can develop his game better in college, rather then as a pro?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Based on Selfs comments, Q isn’t coming back.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:44 pm Based on Selfs comments, Q isn’t coming back.
I have also heard rumblings he hasn’t been going to class... so he wouldn’t be eligible anyway next season. Seems a little far fetched given how stringent Bill seems on that kind of thing.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:44 pm Based on Selfs comments, Q isn’t coming back.
Seemed pretty boilerplate to me. I doubt Quentin comes back, but I must be missing something.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

I have also heard rumblings he hasn’t been going to class... so he wouldn’t be eligible anyway next season. Seems a little far fetched given how stringent Bill seems on that kind of thing.
[/quote]
Last edited by PortlandHawk on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

vmlb wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:37 pm Why do fans believe a player can develop his game better in college, rather then as a pro?
They might not be able to surround themselves with people who will really help them improve once they leave school. Had the Morris twins left when they were freshman, I don't think there's a chance they would be where they are today. Had Darnell Jackson left when he was a freshman, he never would have played in the NBA.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Remember he still has to go to the Combine. If he is good enough now, a NB A team will draft him on potential. If he gets feedback that no team will draft him this year then he had a decision to make. It make be a hard punch in the nuts but he can come back. Wait til the rat lady sings...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:57 pm Some guys would rather play as a pro for money than play for free in college. Not hard to understand.
Most guys.

Meanwhile, most guys who are going to be sophomores and aren't ready to play in the NBA and should realize they will be a 2nd round draft pick at best - would usually be best off returning to school.
Deleted User 183

vmlb wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:37 pm Why do fans believe a player can develop his game better in college, rather then as a pro?
Because most college kids want to actually develop their games and get to choose what coach/es will help them do it - and then when they watch guys like Luke Walton and the Lakers staff they realize if a player isn't fully engaged and receptive he's not going to learn and develop Jack Schitt as a pro - and once players reach the NBA they feel they are good enough that they achieved their goal and ease up on the effort?

The flip side of that is - I'm the guy who has stated numerous times it's better to learn the NBA game and develop as an NBA player while sitting on an NBA bench during game and seeing limited minutes - and practicing with NBA players - than it is starting and playing in college.
Deleted User 183

Based on Self's comments, Leg Vick wasn't coming back.
I highly doubt Q comes back but stay tuned.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

based on the video clip i saw of Q, he looked and sounded like his mind was made up