Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 89

Re: Down Ballot: Who You Got?

Post by Deleted User 89 »

good one!!
Deleted User 89

remind me, which party has been the one illegally gerrymandering, suppressing votes, and closing polling places?

tia
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:04 am remind me, which party has been the one illegally gerrymandering, suppressing votes, and closing polling places?

tia
DC already told us there's no organized effort by republicans to suppress voting.

I know, I couldn't believe it either.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:04 am remind me, which party has been the one illegally gerrymandering, suppressing votes, and closing polling places?

tia
lulz

YOU'RE no Stacey Abrams.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

She has my vote.
Defense. Rebounds.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:54 am She has my vote.
Trumper
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Yeah, that's me.
She lost to Andy Barr in the House race a couple of years ago. Hopefully, she's gained some experience and can do better against mitch this time around.

Our current Secretary of State, Allison Lundergren Grimes, ran against him last time. She had the worst debate performance I've ever seen. I'd have voted against her if it meant I didn't have to vote for mitch. I was not surprised that she lost big.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:40 am Yeah, that's me.
She lost to Andy Barr in the House race a couple of years ago. Hopefully, she's gained some experience and can do better against mitch this time around.

Our current Secretary of State, Allison Lundergren Grimes, ran against him last time. She had the worst debate performance I've ever seen. I'd have voted against her if it meant I didn't have to vote for mitch. I was not surprised that she lost big.
I don't care what the polls say about @MoscowMitch 's approval rating, I'd give anyone 2 - 1 odds that McConnell will be reelected.

But I did send her some $, just because.
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

mitch’s unwillingness to bring the senate together to vote on measures already passed by the house SHOULD be enough to prevent his retention...SHOULD
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

https://twitter.com/Politidope/status/1 ... ">November

...The Texas Republican Party mistakenly sent a document laying out their upcoming 2020 primary and general election plans to Democrats Monday evening, including a target list of 12 statehouse districts they are focusing negative ads on ahead of next year's elections. In a move The Dallas Morning News described as the party's latest "bizarre political blunder," the internal strategy email offered advice on how to counter the "narrative driven by Democrats" about the GOP's lack of diversity as well as a timeline for a rollout of websites which will bash specific Democratic opponents.

The email urges Republicans to encourage people to vote straight GOP tickets "all the way down" and warns of Trump's unpopularity with moderates.

...Democrats across Texas mocked the latest blunder by the state's Republicans. This botched email follows a lengthy scandal involving secret recordings of GOP House Speaker Dennis Bonnen, who announced he won't seek reelection in 2020. Those recordings also overheard Bonnen complaining Trump was "killing" Republicans in the suburbs of Texas.

A Houston Democrat targeted by Monday's GOP email, Rep. Jon Rosenthal, was described by Speaker Bonnen as "vile" and baselessly accused of being homosexual in the recording leaked by a conservative PAC.

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Watching tiny bits of Jim Jordan in the hearings last week, he has to be the most aggravating Congress critter since New Gingrich. And you could actually understand what Newt was saying, with Jordan it's like very angry gibberish. With other Republicans you hope for a scandal to drive them from office or just unpopularity.

With Jordan, it's like watching a TV show from childhood and hoping that an arm will come out from somewhere and push a cream pie in his face to shut him up for 2 minutes.
Don't inject Lysol.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I don't know if you're old enough to recall the saying "Newt's what a stupid person thinks a smart person looks like". It's the same now except the stupid person has become a lot stupider and that Jordan passes for what Newt used to :)
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KENTUCKY DEMOCRATS SELL 'MOSCOW MITCH' WRAPPING PAPER, SPOOFING MCCONNELL'S CAMPAIGN

Kentucky Democrats have started a wrapping paper war, countering Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's kooky seasonal fundraiser with their own holiday sale.

While the senator's re-election campaign started offering rolls of paper patterned with his face for donations over $25 last week, the Democrats launched their own sale Monday, offering gift wrap featuring the phrase, "Just Say Nyet to Moscow Mitch." The tagline refers to McConnell's infamous nickname...Besides the slogan, the wrapping paper also features an image of McConnell wearing a Cossack hat emblazoned with a hammer and sickle.

https://twitter.com/Team_Mitch/status/1 ... ">November

https://twitter.com/KyDems/status/11991 ... ">November
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor