Season ticket seat selections today

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Season ticket seat selections today

Post by pdub »

OK fail on kuathletics website but it's not easy to find where the release dates for single season tickets are.

Not on here:
http://kansasbasketballtickets.kuathletics.com/

And not here either:
https://offer.fevo.com/kansas-men-s-bas ... 9df5ec5%2F

Anyone know the page where the release dates are?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

There may not be set dates this year. I've heard the season ticket base is pretty soft. They may not want to make the problem even worse by releasing too many tickets (especially decent ones) for single-game purchase.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's fine - but they should explain that somewhere on the site.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mmhmm.

KU offering fans a chance to try on-court shot at halftime of game at Allen Fieldhouse

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-c ... 41124.html
Fans who attend the Kansas-Baylor men’s basketball game on Jan. 11 may seem some unusual faces on the court at Allen Fieldhouse.

Heck, some of those fans might be the ones on the court.

KU is offering a special deal for that game. It’s called “Three Pointer Of A Lifetime” and for $325, a fan will receive two tickets to the game and a chance to take a shot from beyond the three-point line on James Naismith Court. Make that shot and the fan will get two free tickets to each of the Jayhawks’ final eight home games.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Times are a changin'.

The Kansas Athletics Department today announced that it is lowering prices on many season tickets for the first time since after the 2008-09. Feedback from fans as well as market research has shown that the price and seat location value from the past few seasons have not been aligned.

For the 2020-21 season, Allen Fieldhouse will expand from three to eight pricing tiers, including four tiers that are lower than any season ticket price from last season. This new structure will lower the cost of season tickets for almost 45 percent of Allen Fieldhouse season ticket holders from last year. Additionally, as a proactive measure for Kansas Jayhawk basketball fans that are and will continue to feel the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, a new season ticket price of only $500 has been introduced for the upcoming season.

https://kuathletics.com/new-tiers-and-l ... wtiers_mbb
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

daaang.

shoulder devil says it just got that much more feasible to pursue my dream of moving back to Lawrence to be a professional townie and attend every home game.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Seems like Tier 4 is better, and cheaper, than Tier 3.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

good catch!

and now that I think about it, is attending a KU game even fun if you aren't in the student section?

I'd rather be jumping and screaming shoulder to shoulder with undergrads behind the hoop, than sitting down courtside while the wine-and-cheesers spend the whole game showing me pictures of their grandkids.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Makes me wonder what football ticket prices are going to be.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

What football tickets?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:49 am good catch!

and now that I think about it, is attending a KU game even fun if you aren't in the student section?

I'd rather be jumping and screaming shoulder to shoulder with undergrads behind the hoop, than sitting down courtside while the wine-and-cheesers spend the whole game showing me pictures of their grandkids.
Man, I get what you're saying. But baseline to baseline on the bottom half is an absolute blast. I have done it one time and it was incredible.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Are there even going to be fans in AFH for games this year?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Are there even going to be games this year?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I have a feeling it won't be 16,300. More like 5K. Limited fans.
But yes there will be games I think.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

but will they count? ;)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

One 3rd place finish resulted in enough ticket holders not renewing tickets to where our tickets moved several sections around the corner. There were more empty seats in AFH last year than I have ever witnessed.

With this pandemic, we'll probably be at center court (still up top, obviously) and I suspect that there will be a ton of empty corner seats.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It still breaks my heart that the nearly empty Paige Arena is the safest COVID-19 public place in the world as Mizzou Arena.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:05 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:49 am good catch!

Man, I get what you're saying. But baseline to baseline on the bottom half is an absolute blast. I have done it one time and it was incredible.
Hell yeah!

I was trying to make a joke about the blue hairs, but didn’t mean to actually discredit the badassery of courtside seats in The Phog.

I don’t remember how it happened, but I somehow sat behind the bench for KU-Oklahoma 2006. Fuckin wild!

Jeff Hawkins forced a turnover and ended up inbounding it right in front of me. I yelled GOOD PLAY JEFF! He turned around and said, thanks! I remember thinking, I should take a blurry flip phone pic and send it to gutter.

Then KU finished the comeback, with some kid named Mario Chalmers draining a floater to go up in the final seconds. I remember thinking, that dude is clutch.

Man what an experience!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hell yeah!

Drop whatever you’re doing right now cuz there’s no better way to spend the next hour and 42 minutes of your life.

https://youtu.be/JTuM4NzDxoc
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

I was at that game. 1 of the loudest games I remember.