Kobe

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Kobe

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I was doing ok until this video below... He adored his family. His wife and daughters seemed to be everything to him once he finished his career. And they adored him back.

I can’t imagine the panic and how tight they held each other as they realized they weren’t going to make it.

And the other members of the helicopter. Their families are feeling the same pain that Kobe’s family is. Tragic on all accounts.

I HATED Kobe as a player. Couldn’t stand him. But I always respected his contribution to the game. But his image definitely improved as he got older and wiser. I began to really like and appreciate all that he did.

But I seriously bawled like a baby when I saw this video.

https://twitter.com/surf2savage/status/ ... 58758?s=21
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Leaves behind his wife, 17 year old (who was hospitalized after learning of the news) a 3 year old and a 7 month old. It’s truly sad that the 2 youngest will not see or remember the loving side that Kobe portrayed in these last few years. There will be nothing for them besides pictures, videos and people telling them stories about their dad.

As a father of 3 younger kids, I have them all extra love tonight. And I will do so every day. This shit hurts as a parent.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Gigi, Kobe’s daughter, her favorite player to watch was Trae Young.

He did something tonight that nobody since Kobe in 2006 did. Sports man. And he did it while wearing #8. Having 24 shots and shot 81% from the FT line.

https://twitter.com/kevinkeneely1/statu ... 93664?s=21

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I was never a huge Kobe guy, i hated him, then grew to like him as the years went on, but i never was the guy that yelled "Kobe" as i tossed a bottle in the garbage or touted his stats in arguments. I think his after basketball stuff was making an impact, he was improving as a person as we all aspire to in life. The point is, i liked Kobe well enough, but never was a "Kobe Guy".....which is why its surprising that I care about his death as much as i do. Im not broken down, i didnt know him, im not crying....but ive thought about it on and off all day. Ive thought about more than any celebrity death in quite some time. Sucks, I feel for his family.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I grew up in LA, and was a kid during the height of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. It's hard to overstate Kobe's position in LA. I got a lot of very sad messages yesterday.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:49 pm I was doing ok until this video below... He adored his family. His wife and daughters seemed to be everything to him once he finished his career. And they adored him back.

I can’t imagine the panic and how tight they held each other as they realized they weren’t going to make it.

And the other members of the helicopter. Their families are feeling the same pain that Kobe’s family is. Tragic on all accounts.

I HATED Kobe as a player. Couldn’t stand him. But I always respected his contribution to the game. But his image definitely improved as he got older and wiser. I began to really like and appreciate all that he did.

But I seriously bawled like a baby when I saw this video.

https://twitter.com/surf2savage/status/ ... 58758?s=21

Like many, myself included, Kobe figured out true purpose through fatherhood. He was just getting started. His impact in women’s sports was closing all sorts of social gaps.

Another example of the man he became. Personally I think his wife, family and all of us were fortunate for his life lessons in Colorado. Or he could have ended up that guy.

Kobe stays at car crash scene to comfort victims.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -died.html
I am, I said.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Time and fatherhood certainly softened Kobe. So did him realizing the kind of impact he had on this generations basketball players. He was this generations Mike Jordan. That is why this is hitting the current basketball community so hard.

He was fully embracing the second chapter of his life. He was consumed by winning and certainly was proud of the personal accolades but I can almost bet he was more proud of what his daughters were accomplishing on and off the court.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 pm This shit hurts as a parent.
Read this alone, then.

https://theathletic.com/1564051/2020/01 ... ed-article
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

I mourn for a Mom who lost her husband and a daughter.

On a personal note, I was really mad at my 18-year-old daughter Sunday morning. Really mad. After this news I went up and hugged her and told her I loved her. She wasn't happy about it, but I was.

I'm fortunate I could do that. I wish Gianna's Mom had one more chance.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

chiknbut wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:54 pm I mourn for a Mom who lost her husband and a daughter.

On a personal note, I was really mad at my 18-year-old daughter Sunday morning. Really mad. After this news I went up and hugged her and told her I loved her. She wasn't happy about it, but I was.

That poor woman.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:24 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 pm This shit hurts as a parent.
Read this alone, then.

https://theathletic.com/1564051/2020/01 ... ed-article
That’s for that link. So very true. Shit just hit different because of the joy my kids give me and I saw that same joy in Kobe.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Enaroona trailer 3!
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

chiknbut wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:54 pm I mourn for a Mom who lost her husband and a daughter.

https://twitter.com/vincegoodwill/statu ... 30400?s=21
I am, I said.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hayward denies he did that on purpose.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Good for him.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Good for him, bad for him, he explains it. Take him at his word - or don't. Whatever works for those who choose to believe him - or not believe him.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-ce ... ics-lakers
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Seriously. What else could he say?