Chefs

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Chefs

Post by jfish26 »

NiceDC wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:28 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:04 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:36 pm https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/09/chiefs ... t-of-unity

Chiefs fans causing drama already. Bad look. Probably mostly Missouri residents.
I heard that. Was trying to be in denial. A-holes.
Yeah, so uncalled for. If you don’t agree with the players fighting for equality, then don’t pay for tickets, or keep your mouths shut for 1 minute. It’s a bad look. If I were a player, I’d call out the fans for that.
Booing the arm-locking thing just proves that, for far too many people, this never had anything to do with the flag. It was always about race.

It turns out it wasn't the lefties politicizing the anthem (in the form of supporting kneeling). It was the Camaroheads politicizing the kneeling, because uppity youths.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Im think some UK’s loaded teams if you want to use that analogy. Baltimore is KU, load of talent, but are they going to utilize it? I’m not sold on Balt like everyone else is.
Deleted User 318

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Booing people locking arms in unity is trash.

I though don’t like mixing politics with sports—and while general human equality is a moral and ethics issue, it cannot reasonably be separated from politics in the world today.

I’m not interested in global warming during sports. Nor healthcare. Nor unfair distribution of wealth. Nor gun control. Nor abortion.

A stance in unity is powerful.
And opening week this is expected.
If it’s a season long thing, and is a talking point throughout the broadcast, as a reminder that people watching need to believe in a movement, then it’s opposite of what I believe sports should be.

And ( sad I have to do this ) as a disclaimer, this does not mean I don’t support equality, police reform, or am inherently racist.
Deleted User 318

Pdub would’ve totally booed.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Never.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

A few knuckleheads booed and my guess is the majority of those who did, had no clue why they were even booing - and thought they were booing something else other than "unity".

As far as the Chiefs, obviously the only team that can beat them is the Chiefs. Meaning if they stay relatively healthy and play their A game, no one beats them at any point of the season.

Nice that I have either Watkins or Hardman on all my fantasy teams. Like Watkins had last night, I believe Hardman will have a few really nice games this season too.
The not nice thing is I will probably not start either guy. Ever.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Baltimore has the horses.

Let’s see what Tampa Bay has too.
Not sold on the Saints. And I don’t know if Jimmy G is the QB who can win it—unless his defense gets even better.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:13 am Booing people locking arms in unity is trash.

I though don’t like mixing politics with sports—and while general human equality is a moral and ethics issue, it cannot reasonably be separated from politics in the world today.

I’m not interested in global warming during sports. Nor healthcare. Nor unfair distribution of wealth. Nor gun control. Nor abortion.

A stance in unity is powerful.
And opening week this is expected.
If it’s a season long thing, and is a talking point throughout the broadcast, as a reminder that people watching need to believe in a movement, then it’s opposite of what I believe sports should be.

And ( sad I have to do this ) as a disclaimer, this does not mean I don’t support equality, police reform, or am inherently racist.
How on brand.

I understand supporting the calls for awareness and action.

I understand tuning them out.

I don't understand being actively pissy about them.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I just wish pwhitt would quit bringing his politics into every single thread.

It’s the football bored, fercryinoutloud!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There were 6 posts before mine relating to the topic.
Or rather, off topic - which the topic title is Chefs ( which I'm imagining is about the Chiefs and not professional cooks ).
I would prefer to keep the football bored about football -- but here we are talking about it, because it is currently ingrained in sports, and because it is currently ingrained, it is difficult to not talk about it.
Deleted User 318

How is something that happened at a Chiefs game off topic in the Chiefs topic? It's national news. We talk about player misconduct off the field. Why would we not talk about player conduct before the game?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think I meant to say, i'd hope this Chefs thread doesn't become about this, or actually more that future Chefs threads don't become about it.
I understand why we are talking about it at this point in the season - it was inevitable.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lol.

And sorry, my last comment in this thread was meant to be cheeky, but it wasn’t very good.

Cuz if I was to more sincerely comment on the matter, I was gonna say something about how self-proclaiming “I ain’t inherently racist” might be sort of an inherently racist thing to say, but I didn’t even wanna go there either.
Deleted User 318

ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:14 am And sorry, my last comment in this thread was meant to be cheeky, but it wasn’t very good.
It's okay. You're learning, and that's what matters. I support your personal growth.
Deleted User 318

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:22 am If you would like to take a timeout, you can continue this.
I did not start talking about any of this until other did. I was going to leave it alone until you started posting about it. I cannot respond to your post because you don't want me to?

And again, calling out racism is not political. Things that happen on the field are relevant to the topic. Just because you don't support it doesn't mean it's not correct.

If you want me to leave, fine, it's your site. This is just a bad look for you.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Jesus fucking Christ. Racism is a human rights issue not a political issue.

Go Chiefs
Deleted User 318

Cascadia wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:41 am Jesus fucking Christ. Racism is a human rights issue not a political issue.

Go Chiefs
Shhh, you will be banned.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I went to the game last night. It was surreal to say the least. We've all been to countless Chiefs games before and we know that place is PACKED with people tailgating. Lots were empty. The grassy side areas were empty. That was the first thing I noticed when I drove into the stadium. It was empty. Showed up about 2 1/2 hrs before kickoff and was five rows from the front of the stadium. In normal circumstances that would never happen. Everyone was wearing masks and you had to wear them at all times. They had attendants walking up and down the aisles and rows enforcing it. I sat in a pod of four seats with three other people I knew and there wasn't anyone two rows in front or back of us. Very 'socially' distanced. I would go back for another game in a heart beat. Walk right to the gates, no lines for drinks or bathrooms. You can sprawl out on the seats in front of you. It was actually kinda nice.

Now the booing I will say is being some what over blown by the media but there were people who were. Most of the booing I heard was when the Texans ran off the field and then came back on and when both of those actions took place it was right during the video montage and the moment of silence. At least where I was sitting everyone around me was respectful of both moments.

That's not to say you didnt feel the tension in the air as soon as the national anthem started. If the Chiefs would have all kneeled or stayed in the locker room the fans may have rioted, which is really a problem in general. Of course that problem isn't just Chiefs fans that is the majority of white America. We love to celebrate black athletes for their accomplishments on the field but as soon as they want to take a stand against racial injustices then it becomes a problem.

For the game....Pat is Pat. Last night looked like it was just another day in the office. Before it was kill you with the big, chunk plays but last night it was death by a thousand cuts. If CEH can maintain anything close to what he did last night I'm going to start adding money to my Chiefs 2021 Super Bowl apparel fund. Defense was 'eh' at best. The biggest issue was tackling, which I figured would be an issue. Defenses are going be lagging behind for awhile. All in all only one penalty and no turnovers in your first game back and you get the W I'll take that.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The Chiefs looked really good last night and even better, looked like their ceiling is still much higher than where they are now. The defense had some pretty terrible tackling here and there and they really didn't do much with either Hill or Hardman.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the contenders look like at this point. So nice that we won't have a week without NFL games to watch for a long time.