Cascadia

Re: WSU

Post by Cascadia »

Yeah, sorry bud, words matter
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I am arguing that words matter a lot more than they used to in the evolution of our society.
I am disagreeing that they should so much from a personal stand point.
It is an opinion - so no reason to do the 'bud' thing.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Your opinion is dumb.

You’re probably ok with calling black people the n-word. Bunch of fucking snowflakes, amirite?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Worst ( or rather best ) posters who add nothing to the conversation:

1. Cascadia
2. imzcount
3. noosh
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:46 am Yeah, sorry bud, words matter
Just not when MJ does it to his teammates, amirite?

🙄
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

YOUR words don't really matter all that much to me when you insult me.
Except I do feel you're childish and pretty much an idiot when YOU do as such.
Not that you care. But it's funny to me (and I assume others) you do care when other people do it.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Grandma wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:30 am
Not that you care. But it's funny to me (and I assume others) you do care when other people do it.
Take your meds bro
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

strong post, gutter
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:56 am
Grandma wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:30 am
Take your meds bro
he’s got a very valid point

don’t be a hypocrite
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

The guy who's conistantly the first to lash out at other posters and immediately resort to name calling comes in talking about the need to learn communication skills and take an anger management class.

Not surprising.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Lol, I’m talking about language in the workplace. Carry on clowns.

Also, please supply evidence of me using sexist or misogynistic language.

to be fair, gutter is a fucking psycho so that’s just stating facts. Yeah, I like to have fun with other posters on an anonymous message board 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Grandma wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:33 pm
Cascadia wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:06 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:23 pm For instance, i'd say within 5-10 years, if you yelled at your player, calling him a "pussy ass bitch" for not going strong to the basket, you'll have a decent shot of getting fired.

You should be fired for calling anyone a “pussy ass bitch” while doing your job. Learn better communication skills and take anger management if you think that is an effective way to motivate people.
Are you fucking kidding me? We aren't talking about a boss calling an employee a pussy ass bitch in an office setting. We are talking college coaches speaking to their players.
If you are being a pussy ass bitch there really is nothing wrong with your coach calling you one.
Tough love. Happens all the time in sports. Right? Or have you never played a sport at a High School or above level?
My god, Tom Izzo's players are laughing at you. Bobby Knight's players are laughing at you. Fran McCaffery's players are laughing at you. Frank Martin's players are laughing at you. The list goes on and on and on.
I can't believe this, but I agree with Gutter. Bravo!
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Case in point, PSUs coach.
Look at intent—totally disregarded.
If what he said to Bolton was the sentence that prompted his firing it is an example of what I’m talking about.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

At some point, though, it's an idiot test.

Right or wrong, you (you, me, Gregggg Marshall, anyone) need to be, at a minimum, smart enough to know which way the wind blows on this stuff.

And that absolutely applies to someone making a shit-ton of money in an industry that's going to have severe financial challenges ahead.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The thing that I hate, and I'm naïve about this. But at the start of all these guys careers, they were in it because they love to coach and wanted to make young kids that come to their program better men. At a certain point, money takes over and it becomes about control and doing what is best for them and not necessarily the kids that they coach.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:24 am The thing that I hate, and I'm naïve about this. But at the start of all these guys careers, they were in it because they love to coach and wanted to make young kids that come to their program better men. At a certain point, money takes over and it becomes about control and doing what is best for them and not necessarily the kids that they coach.
It's almost like there are psychological and behavioral consequences of operating in a system that is designed to suppress the rights and wellbeing of the players.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:33 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:24 am The thing that I hate, and I'm naïve about this. But at the start of all these guys careers, they were in it because they love to coach and wanted to make young kids that come to their program better men. At a certain point, money takes over and it becomes about control and doing what is best for them and not necessarily the kids that they coach.
It's almost like there are psychological and behavioral consequences of operating in a system that is designed to suppress the rights and wellbeing of the players.
Come on guys, if those players would just stop being “pussy ass bitches” we wouldn’t have these problems
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Another useless post.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Marshall and WSU expected to part ways soon.

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status ... 46977?s=21
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

If only his players wouldn’t have been “pussy ass bitches” 🤷🏻‍♂️