Welcome Cam Martin

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Welcome Cam Martin

Post by pdub »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:24 pm Will this guy make any meaningful contribution?
Mjl

Re: Welcome Cam Martin

Post by Mjl »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:43 pm
Mjl wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:21 pm I'm not saying Enaruna could have held his own against those teams, I'm saying that his untapped potential was intended to be able to handle those matchups.

A frontcourt of Martin and Dave would get worked worse by those teams than a frontcourt of Wilson and Dave. Guys like Mobley and Kai Jones are way too quick for any true bigs we're going to have this year.
I don't think we're disagreeing here. I think you're focused on the players that will be in the roster next year, and I'm talking about whether, going forward, we should recruit with the intent to play two bigs, or one.

And I'd prefer to play two. Of course, you want a versatile guy who can guard a big or a guard, so you want guys like Marcus Morris or Julian Wright as the second big. I think the mistake with Enaruna and TGF is getting a guard who is big enough to defend most bigs, I'd rather get a big, who is athletic and quick enough to defend a guard.

Maybe that's splitting hairs, and the real issue is Enaruna and TGF just weren't that good. Wilson is fine...but man I wish he was 2 inches taller and a little bit stronger (and more athletic).
Oh. Yes, same page.