Boulder game cancelled

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Boulder game cancelled

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:47 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:32 pm We’re literally the only MFers in Boulder not wearing masks.
Freedum!

(Am i doing it right? Because that's exactly what some of you would say to mich randy or jkl if they bragged about being the only maskless people somewhere in public.)
I say it with shame, rather than pride
3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

Tonight's cancellation sucks. Covid sucks. But it's the reality we are all living in right now. I'm a realist and know this is not the only game that we will miss this year due to the pandemic.... Seriously, I would rather this happen now than in March. Fingers crossed that our guys stay safe over the holidays and we can come back playing strong in January.
Merry Christmas everyone - : )
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Now we are talking.
How were your hamburgers?
Did they put cheese on them?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm watching NC State loose at home to 3-7 Wright State instead of KU v CU.

Prob fire up Skyrim after this.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Here is the crazy thing (to me) folks. Soon In Chicago, and I believe currently in NYC & LA you have to show proof of vaccination to go in to restaurants, bars, sporting events, concerts, etc. I prefer that over "shut downs" but my question is, WHY THE FUCK SHOULD ANYONE CARE IF YOU ARE VACCINATED IF YOU CAN STILL CONTRACT AND SPREAD THE VIRUS?
Sooooooo. What's the solution? You have to get tested AT those sites before you enter? Then how many people will bitch that they are "asymptotic" and argue they got a false positive?
Bottom line, there is no perfect system and no matter what people are going to RIGHTFULLY (and not rightfully) bitch.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:44 pm I would say so, yes.
Most places of work dont test ( places I go dont ) if you're asymptomatic.
I have pretty much just gone back to normal other than the mask wearing in grocery stores, etc. Sat and had dinner with 10 guys in a crowded restaurant last night. I am sure I have been in contact with the fungus, but since I am vaccinated I either haven't gotten it, was asymptomatic, or the symptoms were mild enough that i didn't think i needed to go get tested. I haven't been tested for covid one single time yet. My wife has a few times. My daughter has a few times. And my son has once. None have gotten it yet that we know of. I've had a few seemingly very minor colds, but nothing bad enough i was running out to get tested. I just stayed home and away from people until i felt better, but i can work from home relatively easily so there's that.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:48 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:47 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:32 pm We’re literally the only MFers in Boulder not wearing masks.
Freedum!

(Am i doing it right? Because that's exactly what some of you would say to mich randy or jkl if they bragged about being the only maskless people somewhere in public.)
I say it with shame, rather than pride
So you don't wear them ever it sounds like.....?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If you must know, I’ve been masking again in indoor public places like the grocery store lately ever since yall started rolling back into town for ski season and the holiday break.

I ended up not even going to see a show last weekend at a bar, precisely because I knew it would be shoulder to shoulder crowded with half the population of Houston
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:47 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:45 pm Can we just have this be Ousdahls live blog out on the town?
I’m pretty bummed right now.

The titty bar aint even open yet!
To quote the greatest movie of all time, "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily".

Unless you're diving.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:57 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:47 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:45 pm Can we just have this be Ousdahls live blog out on the town?
I’m pretty bummed right now.

The titty bar aint even open yet!
To quote the greatest movie of all time, "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily".

Unless you're diving.
With or without a cap?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Beav’s my ride!

We’re heading back up tonight. Getting too old to just go out and get gushered on a Tuesday. No not really lol but that’s what I’m telling myself.

If there’s a silver lining, it’s that we can get back without it being super late. Might st least stop by a dispensary and get a pre-roll to roast on top of the pass on the way back.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

It's one thing to sit here and say stop testing asymptomatic people and that's absolutely the way it has to go to make sports work. But here's what happened today according to Bill Self: Colorado had a player WITH symptoms test positive this morning, so the rest of their team decided to get tested which turned up more positive cases.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:51 pm Here is the crazy thing (to me) folks. Soon In Chicago, and I believe currently in NYC & LA you have to show proof of vaccination to go in to restaurants, bars, sporting events, concerts, etc.

This is already a thing in Seattle.
Deleted User 863

Well that makes sure less covid spreads at games so that's good...but still plenty to be spread by vaccinated people.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:13 pm It's one thing to sit here and say stop testing asymptomatic people and that's absolutely the way it has to go to make sports work. But here's what happened today according to Bill Self: Colorado had a player WITH symptoms test positive this morning, so the rest of their team decided to get tested which turned up more positive cases.
Well why didn’t they say so this morning instead of waiting til we already drove down!
thebones

Post by thebones »

Omicron has an infection rate close to chickenpox. These young men practice together, play games and bump bodies in close contact, and shower in the nude with each other.

Not to mention the cohabitation environment. Dudes living intimately together in small apartments. Bored. Inviting over scores of attention-seeking coed whores and hangers on for nightly sex romps with college athletes.

Colour me surprised about this outcome
Deleted User 863

The still have group showers?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:13 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:51 pm Here is the crazy thing (to me) folks. Soon In Chicago, and I believe currently in NYC & LA you have to show proof of vaccination to go in to restaurants, bars, sporting events, concerts, etc.

And NYC, and most (all?) major cities in Canada.

It's not that hard.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:20 pm
Cascadia wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:13 pm

And NYC, and most (all?) major cities in Canada.

It's not that hard.
And I love it, seriously considering moving to Seattle. West Seattle specifically.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:42 pm
sdoyel wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:15 pm Stop testing vaccinated, asymptomatic people.
Even though they can still spread it?
I don’t care about unvaxed people.

Vaxed people are dying at a rate of 1 per 100,000. If you’re vaxed and/or boosted there is little to worry about.

Let’s move on…
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦