Biggest comeback in championship game history

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Biggest comeback in championship game history

Post by pdub »

I figured we'd foul but I trust Self.
He's been in those situations before and it seems quite a bit more often than not teams have missed.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:23 am He just didn't factor in Mario.
And the human cannonball bringing the ball down the floor.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Work with a Carolina native. He was happy with how game was officiated and how bigs battled down low (Of course because his big only had 3 fouls while ours had a combine 8) and he honestly thinks that someone hit that guy who vomited. He thinks UNC likely wins that game if Love doesn't shoot them out of it. 5-24 from the field with 1-8 from 3. Said they just had tired legs and halftime came at the worst time because they caught their breath and probably realized how dead tired they were.

Tears extra salty today.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:26 am I figured we'd foul but I trust Self.
He's been in those situations before and it seems quite a bit more often than not teams have missed.
Timeout before the SOB that Harris ran out of bounds, Self was zoomed in during the huddle and said "Don't foul!" CB said something and Self replied back "NO!"
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

"he honestly thinks that someone hit that guy who vomited."

I blame 99.

He put his shoes on and that resurrected the ghost of EJ.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:14 am With 4.3 seconds on the clock I had to ask everyone in the living room, "is Bill gonna foul on the in bounds and not let them get off a 3 pointer at the buzzer or is he gonna play it like Cal did?"

Somewhere in Kinfucky last night Cal was yelling...."See! See! It was the right call! It just didn't work out for us!"
I was very very very much Team Foul.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Damn, Busted.
Defense. Rebounds.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:47 am
japhy wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:14 am With 4.3 seconds on the clock I had to ask everyone in the living room, "is Bill gonna foul on the in bounds and not let them get off a 3 pointer at the buzzer or is he gonna play it like Cal did?"

Somewhere in Kinfucky last night Cal was yelling...."See! See! It was the right call! It just didn't work out for us!"
I was very very very much Team Foul.
Generally, I'm on your side.

The difference between 2008 and last night was 6.5 seconds and the CLEAR opportunity to foul before a shot could be set up.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I haven't seen all of the comments, so Bill may have already talked about it, but it looked like to me that fouling was on the table (and I would have). But, the Carolina player pretty aggressively charged at the 3 point line, and I think CB would have risked him going into his shot if he fouled.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:53 am I haven't seen all of the comments, so Bill may have already talked about it, but it looked like to me that fouling was on the table (and I would have). But, the Carolina player pretty aggressively charged at the 3 point line, and I think CB would have risked him going into his shot if he fouled.
As I mentioned above in the timeout before Harris stepped out Self said DON'T FOUL! CB said something back to him and he said NO! as he shook his head. He was clear that he didn't want to foul.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:04 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:53 am I haven't seen all of the comments, so Bill may have already talked about it, but it looked like to me that fouling was on the table (and I would have). But, the Carolina player pretty aggressively charged at the 3 point line, and I think CB would have risked him going into his shot if he fouled.
As I mentioned above in the timeout before Harris stepped out Self said DON'T FOUL! CB said something back to him and he said NO! as he shook his head. He was clear that he didn't want to foul.
Yeah, watching postgame stuff now and am gathering that.

It becomes an even finer line on what to do when there's only 4 seconds on the clock from the inbounds, even from a sideline inbounds.

And also, UNC sans Manek were ice cold from 3 last night.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:17 am

It becomes an even finer line on what to do when there's only 4 seconds on the clock from the inbounds, even from a sideline inbounds.

They actually shot really shitty. They just had way more because of rebounds. We were outrebounded by fucking 20. 24 offensive rebounds to just 8.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

they destroyed us on second chance points
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:30 am Work with a Carolina native. He was happy with how game was officiated and how bigs battled down low (Of course because his big only had 3 fouls while ours had a combine 8) and he honestly thinks that someone hit that guy who vomited. He thinks UNC likely wins that game if Love doesn't shoot them out of it. 5-24 from the field with 1-8 from 3. Said they just had tired legs and halftime came at the worst time because they caught their breath and probably realized how dead tired they were.

Tears extra salty today.
He's right. But that's what KU does, it cuts off the head of the snake. We always try to take out the other team's best player.

It's part of the reason why there's always some shlub whose only attempted 5 3's all year who goes 6 of 8 against us.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:18 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:17 am

They actually shot really shitty. They just had way more because of rebounds. We were outrebounded by fucking 20. 24 offensive rebounds to just 8.
There's a clip where you see Case stick his head into the huddle, and say something, and then you just see self yell "They all can shoot it!". I'm guessing Case said something like Manek is the shooter, or something.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:30 am Work with a Carolina native. He was happy with how game was officiated and how bigs battled down low (Of course because his big only had 3 fouls while ours had a combine 8) and he honestly thinks that someone hit that guy who vomited. He thinks UNC likely wins that game if Love doesn't shoot them out of it. 5-24 from the field with 1-8 from 3. Said they just had tired legs and halftime came at the worst time because they caught their breath and probably realized how dead tired they were.

Tears extra salty today.
Kansas would have 3-4 more national titles if various players didn't "shoot us out of it".

Kansas rose to the moment,
Carolina shrunk from it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:38 am

Tears extra salty today.
He's right. But that's what KU does, it cuts off the head of the snake. We always try to take out the other team's best player.

It's part of the reason why there's always some shlub whose only attempted 5 3's all year who goes 6 of 8 against us.
and by that same token, KU woulda been up big had they just made the bunnies
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

welcome home ceremony at 4:15 this afternoon at Memorial

all lots open at 2 for parking, and there will be a shuttle running from Vermont St. garage and Riverfront Plaza
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »