Ode to Olive Garden

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: Ode to Olive Garden

Post by Deleted User 289 »

TDub wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:06 pm I really really dislike Post Malone. I hate that people think his garbage is hip hop.
Hate is a strong word - and I am wondering why you hate what others think about Post Malone's type of music.
Remember, One person's "garbage" is another person's treasure. Post Malone and Olive Garden being proof of this.
I feel his "music" and Olive Garden are somewhere in between garbage and treasure.
Fully admit I have no problem listening to some Post Malone "songs" such as Rock Star and Wow when I am in the right mood.
Fully admit I would have no problem eating some Olive Garden if the need (even desire?) arose.
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:51 pm
TDub wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:06 pm I really really dislike Post Malone. I hate that people think his garbage is hip hop.
I just don't get it.

Maybe since I'm early 30s I'm not supposed to.
You don't get what? Him and/or his music?
Not sure what there is to get - or not get. I feel that's true of most music. Like all art forms, "it" is subject to personal interpretation.
I don't think it matters what age you are. I assume people who are 10 years old don't get "it" just as people who are 80 years old don't get "it".
Your post makes me think about the Grateful Dead. I have a 54 year old friend who has HATED the Grateful Dead from the time he was a teenager. On the flip side, I was driving to Sandwich Illinois with my mother who was in her late 70s at the time and it was a perfect day. We had a convertible and drove with the top down. I put in a Grateful Dead CD and she couldn't stop telling me how much she enjoyed the music and the ride.

Back on thread topic....
Do you "get" Olive Garden?
Deleted User 289

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:30 pm this makes me believe in love again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8XS7jxpoqZ ... so40icvl4e
I think middleclassfancy couldn't have said it better.
I mean come on! When you're at OG you realize "We're all family here".
What is wrong with proposing in a lovely dinning establishment with family?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Grandma wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:57 am
Hate is a strong word - and I am wondering why you hate what others think about Post Malone's type of music.
Remember, One person's "garbage" is another person's treasure. Post Malone and Olive Garden being proof of this.
I feel his "music" and Olive Garden are somewhere in between garbage and treasure.
Fully admit I have no problem listening to some Post Malone "songs" such as Rock Star and Wow when I am in the right mood.
Fully admit I would have no problem eating some Olive Garden if the need (even desire?) arose.
He fucking sucks.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Also i didnt say i hated.that people like his music (although i do)
I said i hate that people considered his garbage hip hop.

*Important note: I dont hate people who like his music. I hate THAT people like his music. Those are different things
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

TDub wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:44 am
Grandma wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:57 am
He fucking sucks.
Your opinion is valid and duly noted. I have to assume there is some music that you enjoy that the majority of others might feel sucks.
So be it and to each their own.
Heck, I can't listen to more than 3 minutes of Taylor Swift without feeling a need to run away or cover my ears. I have a co-worker who could probably listen to 72 straight hours of her and enjoy every second of it. As Illini said, I don't get it.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mrs 99 dragged me to the OG last week.
Some things were not bad, others good, some awful.

Our server was very nice but incompetent.
Some manager dude was doing a training class for about a dozen new employees in the dining room very close to our table.
Salad was fine.
Breadsticks were both oily and dry at the same time.
I had a sirloin with fettuccine "Alfredo" and broccoli.
Sirloin was cooked a perfect mid-rare and pretty good. Broccoli was fresh and cooked perfectly. The pasta was cooked to a gummy mess and I have no idea what that white glop was. I do know it wasn't Alfredo sauce.

Mrs 99 had chicken marsala and veggies. Her veggies looked overcooked but she likes them that way. She asked for the mushrooms to be left out of the marsala sauce. The server said the sauce is pre-made with mushrooms already in it. (Yuck). I didn't taste hers but the sauce was a broken, oily mess. Globs of thick brown muck sitting in an oil slick. She seemed to like it.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There's no accounting for taste.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

The local MENSA chapter must be meeting there.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

She's already eaten all of garden.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I'm sure she's seen "Olive the Other Reindeer...." from that Christmas song in there :)
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Pdub
Just Ledoux it
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

I think they need to officially change their name to All of Garden.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

That would be a great vegan cafe name
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Soklous wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:22 pm Image
That’s one butt cheek.
The other is a picture frame and inside it reads When You’re Here, You’re Family.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll have the unlimited Super Bowl please.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »