Da Weed Thread

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Da Weed Thread

Post by KUTradition »

micro-dosing can be super effective for both clinical depression and ptsd
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

also things like ADHD. It's crazy that a controlled dose of LSD or shrooms is illegal, but mention "difficulty paying attention" to a doctor and he'll prescribe you all the meth you want.

Not me personally, but I have this artist friend who maintains the best way to be able to focus on painting or drawing for hours at a time, is a quarter hit of acid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Meth is a prescription drug now?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what do you think Ritalin is?
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:51 am what do you think Ritalin is?
Ritalin is ritalin?

https://www.webmd.com/connect-to-care/a ... mphetamine

Adderall vs. Methamphetamine: Why They're Similar, and Why They're Not

It does say in there that meth can be prescribed in very rare instances...which was news to me.

But meth (the street drug) and ritalin, have some pretty significant differences.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ritalin is the brand name for methylphenidate.

from your link:
However, the National Institute on Drug Abuse warns that methamphetamine is much more powerful than amphetamine because more of the drug gets into the brain. Methamphetamine has more harmful side effects and is more likely to be misused.
that makes me wonder if the more of the drug "into the brain" and "more harmful side effects" is a matter of some chemical difference between the prescription and the street drug, or if it's more attributed just to the fact prescription drugs come in more measured doses.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I was prescribed Ritalin, adderrall, all that shit in my youth.

Sometimes it worked for me, and I could actually "focus" on something for a few hours. Sometimes it made me just feel all tweaked out - grindy teeth, inability to sleep, not to mention all the weird shit it would do to my gut, and the stimulant nature of it sometimes only made the ADD worse.

Once I got older, I found coffee worked just as well for me. And as rough as coffee can be on your gut, it still has never bothered me as much as those pills.

plus, I actually enjoy the taste of coffee. Pills tend to taste like chemicals and ass.

I wonder how big a difference there is between prescription ADD drugs and street meth. Is it a matter of controlled dose? Or of specific chemical differences? Or, like weed, is it mostly just a matter of being able to patent it?
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:18 pm I was prescribed Ritalin, adderrall, all that shit in my youth.
I am not surprised in the least to learn this.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea.

if only I could have been prescribed psychedelics instead, eh?

maybe I would have ended up a more normal adult?

or, maybe I would have just ended up making a living selling grilled cheese sammiches on Phish tour.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:18 pm I was prescribed Ritalin, adderrall, all that shit in my youth.

Sometimes it worked for me, and I could actually "focus" on something for a few hours. Sometimes it made me just feel all tweaked out - grindy teeth, inability to sleep, not to mention all the weird shit it would do to my gut, and the stimulant nature of it sometimes only made the ADD worse.

Once I got older, I found coffee worked just as well for me. And as rough as coffee can be on your gut, it still has never bothered me as much as those pills.

plus, I actually enjoy the taste of coffee. Pills tend to taste like chemicals and ass.

I wonder how big a difference there is between prescription ADD drugs and street meth. Is it a matter of controlled dose? Or of specific chemical differences? Or, like weed, is it mostly just a matter of being able to patent it?
Meth and amphetamines are similar, but not the same, chemical substances. It's not just a dosage thing.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:42 am micro-dosing can be super effective for both clinical depression and ptsd
I have read numerous studies and write ups on it. It's quite fascinating, especially after having been a recreational user of shrooms, LSD and ecstasy decades ago.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:06 pm

Meth and amphetamines are similar, but not the same, chemical substances. It's not just a dosage thing.
what are the differences? How far off are they?

I've never tried street meth. But based on anecdotes from friends who have, the effects don't seem far off from adderrall or Ritalin, albeit in a much larger/less controlled dose, and generally consumed other ways besides a convenient little pill.

heck, how much different is street meth when compared to frat boys grinding up their adderrall to snort that shit?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 863

Cool. 🙄
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/06/politics ... index.html

President Joe Biden is taking his first major steps toward decriminalizing marijuana, fulfilling a campaign pledge to erase prior federal possession convictions and beginning the process of loosening federal classification of the drug.

Biden on Thursday will pardon all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession, a move that senior administration officials said would affect thousands of Americans.

“Sending people to prison for possessing marijuana has upended too many lives and incarcerated people for conduct that many states no longer prohibit,” Biden said in a statement. “Criminal records for marijuana possession have also imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities. And while White and Black and brown people use marijuana at similar rates, Black and brown people have been arrested, prosecuted, and convicted at disproportionate rates.”

He will also encourage governors to take similar steps to pardon state simple marijuana possession charges, and will task the Department of Health and Human Services and Attorney General Merrick Garland to “expeditiously” review how marijuana is scheduled under federal law.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

all good with that.....instead let's go after fetanyl....as a parent that shit is scary. stashes of rainbow colored pills found in Legos and candy packets......no Bueno.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Biden has been an absolute shit president, but this is the first thing he's done that I applaud. Now let's just do away with all federal laws regarding Marijuana
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Welp, there goes Kamala’s conviction rate.”