Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
Mjl

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by Mjl »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:53 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:36 pm
Mjl wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:32 pm

If it's killing a baby, why is that ok in the case of rape?
Its still killing a baby. But, a nonsensual rape baby
Frame it, send it to the Louvre.
Lol
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:38 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:40 pm Why is it most of you have this mentality where we have to take every measure to save every life possible when it comes to certain things? Like gun laws and covid. But when it comes to abortion its perfectly ok and justified to abort babies lives
They're gonna die eventually anyway, right randy? So it's NBD.
Yeah. Im consistent across the board. Im open to freedom surrounding gun rights, covid regulations, and abortion

Im just wondering why liberals want to save/value every single life when it comes to covid and gun rights. But don't give a shit about lives when it comes to abortion

One of the leftists please explain???
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:34 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:40 pm Why is it most of you have this mentality where we have to take every measure to save every life possible when it comes to certain things? Like gun laws and covid. But when it comes to abortion its perfectly ok and justified to abort babies lives
Yeah. Im consistent across the board. Im open to freedom surrounding gun rights, covid regulations, and abortion

Im just wondering why liberals want to save/value every single life when it comes to covid and gun rights. But don't give a shit about lives when it comes to abortion

If you have to ask you probably wouldn't understand.
On behalf of the "leftists", I will respond with two questions of my own.
Do you realize not all woman who have abortions and not all Democrats "don't give a shit about lives when it comes to abortions"? For many it is a very difficult and upsetting decision. I have a close relative who's wife and him had to make the decision because of the health of the fetus. They buried the fetus.
My next question is, what is the major difference between getting shot or contracting Covid and having an abortion?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

2 happen to you and you have no choice. And abortion you have options/choices
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:11 pm 2 happen to you and you have no choice. And abortion you have options/choices
Right.
Yes, I fully realize a legitimate argument/thing you could have added is that the fetus didn't have a choice.
You didn't answer my first question but I'm going to assume you do understand that your accusation is often not true in regards to what you claimed "leftists" feel about abortions.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:21 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:11 pm 2 happen to you and you have no choice. And abortion you have options/choices
Right.
Yes, I fully realize a legitimate argument/thing you could have added is that the fetus didn't have a choice.
You didn't answer my first question but I'm going to assume you do understand that your accusation is often not true in regards to what you claimed "leftists" feel about abortions.
Are you saying leftists would prefer not to abort babies?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:25 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:21 pm
Right.
Are you saying leftists would prefer not to abort babies?
This was exactly what I said.
"Do you realize not all woman who have abortions and not all Democrats "don't give a shit about lives when it comes to abortions"? For many it is a very difficult and upsetting decision".

To directly answer your question.....
For some yes and for some no. I can't even guess the percentages that would and wouldn't "prefer" not to abort babies. I don't know what my birth parents political affiliation was/is but my birth mother "preferred" not to abort me.

My uneducated guess is that there are many "leftists" who would prefer not to be labeled as "not caring" because they made a decision regarding choosing an abortion.
I'll say your original question wasn't a bad one - if we both realize hypocrisy in regards to abortion is a "rightist" disease too.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Thats actually a solid reply rainbows. I absolutely realize hypocrisy is a rightist thing too. I've always felt there was hypocrisy from the left and right when you look at their approach to the abortion, covid, and guns picture

Thats why I always tell people to consider being libertarian.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

What a mother of a false equivalency.

These three things are really not at all like each other (and, I’ll note that to even get to where you got to on this, you’re making assumptions about when “life” begins that are not exactly on firm scientific ground).
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:09 am

These three things are really not at all like each other (and, I’ll note that to even get to where you got to on this, you’re making assumptions about when “life” begins that are not exactly on firm scientific ground).
When does life begin fish
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Republicans are afraid courts will declare life begins at sentience and they will never qualify.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Republicans found a wedge issue they care nothing about, do not understand, nor know how to solve, so they are on board. But since the don't actually give a flying shit about humanity or its problems, let's for sure define when life begins so they can waste all of our oxygen on an issue that they can pretend has no cost. And ignore the real costs when post-fetal babies have human needs for shelter, food and health care. Being irrational is fun for right wing nuts. Lulz and all that. Thoughts and prayers. Rinse. Repeat.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:18 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:09 am

When does life begin fish
I'm not fish but here is my 8th stupid question for today.
There is a restaurant across the street from me that serves breakfast and lunch.
Some people order and eat chicken. Some people order and eat eggs.
What are the differences between the two?

Some people believe life begins at conception, some believe it begins at birth. I can't definitively say I feel either is/are right/wrong.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:18 pm When does life begin
IMO this is the ONLY question that matters in the abortion debate.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

And because of that I am anti-abortion in every case except for to save the mother's life.

I would say that life starts when two people's DNA forms a single strand and starts replicating. But I'm so uncertain of that that I usually try to steer clear of the abortion debate (except for, like, right here).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:53 pm And because of that I am anti-abortion in every case except for to save the mother's life.

I would say that life starts when two people's DNA forms a single strand and starts replicating. But I'm so uncertain of that that I usually try to steer clear of the abortion debate (except for, like, right here).
I do not agree, but this is one reasonable way to look at it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:30 pm Republicans found a wedge issue they care nothing about, do not understand, nor know how to solve, so they are on board. But since the don't actually give a flying shit about humanity or its problems, let's for sure define when life begins so they can waste all of our oxygen on an issue that they can pretend has no cost. And ignore the real costs when post-fetal babies have human needs for shelter, food and health care. Being irrational is fun for right wing nuts. Lulz and all that. Thoughts and prayers. Rinse. Repeat.
Right. "Life" - whatever it is and whenever it begins - is simply not sacrosanct to the MAGAs. Except when it needs to be for political purposes.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

“life” is one thing…sperm and egg are living prior to their union

for me, any sort of meaningful life begins as soon as the fetus is viable and can live outside of the womb (about 24 weeks, give or take). beyond that point in time, i see little justification for an abortion outside of preserving the health/life of the mother

prior to that, i can see numerous justifications…but, i’ve always been against abortion as just another form of birth control. at minimum, i think there should be carve-outs for rape, incest, and age and life/health of the mother, and even health of the baby if such things are able to be determined prior to ~24 weeks

jmo
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mjl wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:53 pm And because of that I am anti-abortion in every case except for to save the mother's life.

So, you're in favor of the government forcing victim's of rape and incest to carry the perpetrator's "child" to term?

smfh
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas