Tucker Carlson

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Tucker Carlson

Post by ousdahl »

Speaking of Putin’s propaganda, and at the risk of this being me not “letting it go,” I’d still be curious to hear your guy’s thoughts about Biden and the west’s strategy shift from “not one inch” sort of hard line rhetoric to basically conceding 1/5 of Ukraine to Russia.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:34 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:25 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:20 am

To the extent anyone is in panic mode (which ... I don't think is true, but whatever), it's because Putin's propaganda is quite effective on tens of millions of Americans.

Clearly.
You say propaganda is effective and yet nearly all your opinions fall directly in line with the main stream media in America

Ironic isn't it?
This is galaxy-brain shit, man.

Do you know what makes something mainstream? If it is generally popular.

For example, 63% of Americans support laws that would ban the sale and private ownership of semi-automatic firearms referred to as assault weapons. 73% support laws that would require gun owners to take a test, get a license, and register their firearms just like they do for their automobiles. 86% support laws that require background checks for all firearm sales and transfers.

That makes those views mainstream. Popular.

And so the mainstream media reflects these views, because that's what companies that don't make shitty pillows like to advertise to.
Once upon a time, WMDs in Iraq was a popular mainstream opinion, too
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:36 am Speaking of Putin’s propaganda, and at the risk of this being me not “letting it go,” I’d still be curious to hear your guy’s thoughts about Biden and the west’s strategy shift from “not one inch” sort of hard line rhetoric to basically conceding 1/5 of Ukraine to Russia.
I think that is far less a shift in policy than an acknowledgment of the practical reality that has resulted from Putin's wildly-successful efforts to divide us internally.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:40 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:34 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:25 am

You say propaganda is effective and yet nearly all your opinions fall directly in line with the main stream media in America

Ironic isn't it?
This is galaxy-brain shit, man.

Do you know what makes something mainstream? If it is generally popular.

For example, 63% of Americans support laws that would ban the sale and private ownership of semi-automatic firearms referred to as assault weapons. 73% support laws that would require gun owners to take a test, get a license, and register their firearms just like they do for their automobiles. 86% support laws that require background checks for all firearm sales and transfers.

That makes those views mainstream. Popular.

And so the mainstream media reflects these views, because that's what companies that don't make shitty pillows like to advertise to.
Once upon a time, WMDs in Iraq was a popular mainstream opinion, too
A lobby-esque non sequitur flail. Be better.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:47 pm
Overlander wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:44 pm Dammit Fish, it’s about the TRUTH TELLERS!!!!
It's amazing, honestly. A half-truth stacked on three other half-truths doesn't make two, or even one, whole truth.

It makes for a mealy-mouthed lie.
This post is so ironic and and great teaching moment. Everything mentioned here applies to the "insurrection" argument against Trump. This is why there will be no charges and Trump will be president again. The only way they could stop Trump is if they murder the guy, and sadly, the left seems to love violence so it's not impossible.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

randylahey wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:25 am You say propaganda is effective and yet nearly all your opinions fall directly in line with the main stream media in America

Ironic isn't it?
I know man. The guy is full of irony. Basically signs up for every fictional story in the mainstream. I bet he also took 4 covid shots. I try to help people, but it's impossible if they are arrogant and closed off.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Fish do you honestly beleive that the media in the United States isn't propaganda?

Does anyone here honestly beleive that?
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Let's see...

-Media lied about where covid came from.
-Media lied thousands of times (and even to this day) about how the shots are safe and effective.
-Media lied about Hunter Biden's laptop
-Media lied about Joe Biden's shell companies where he laundered money from bribes.

Oh, but that's all not true because the authoritative sources told us so.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:50 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:47 pm
Overlander wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:44 pm Dammit Fish, it’s about the TRUTH TELLERS!!!!
It's amazing, honestly. A half-truth stacked on three other half-truths doesn't make two, or even one, whole truth.

It makes for a mealy-mouthed lie.
This post is so ironic and and great teaching moment. Everything mentioned here applies to the "insurrection" argument against Trump. This is why there will be no charges and Trump will be president again. The only way they could stop Trump is if they murder the guy, and sadly, the left seems to love violence so it's not impossible.
You may take up your complaint with the Constitution, which - again - requires no particular "charge" in order for 14A-3 to apply.

You - again - misread the Constitution.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Sadly, you missed the fact that people cannot just use their feelings to decide if someone did something. That's why we have the court of law.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cassandra wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:09 am Sadly, you missed the fact that people cannot just use their feelings to decide if someone did something. That's why we have the court of law.
Sadly, you don't seem to have any clue how the Constitution actually works. If you don't want anyone to try to add unwritten meaning to the 2nd Amendment words on the document then you can't add unwritten meaning to Section 3 of the 14th Amendment. Trump's second impeachment trial was more than just "people's feelings".
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:09 am Sadly, you missed the fact that people cannot just use their feelings to decide if someone did something. That's why we have the court of law.
I never said people should "just use their feelings."

But you keep suggesting there is a particular "charge" that must be brought by a particular person in front of a particular body. That is not what the Constitution says.

You may read it, it's not a secret:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxiv
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:15 am
Sadly, you don't seem to have any clue how the Constitution actually works. If you don't want anyone to try to add unwritten meaning to the 2nd Amendment words on the document then you can't add unwritten meaning to Section 3 of the 14th Amendment. Trump's second impeachment trial was more than just "people's feelings".
As was the Colorado trial court, as have been the multiple courts that have also analyzed whether 1/6 was an insurrection.

This is among the weaker arguments against 14A-3.

And just for our "I was right" crowd: I do not expect the Court to find Trump disqualified, on the basis of the proceeding in front of the Court today.

But I do not think this is the correct legal outcome - I think it will be a pragmatic, political outcome.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Guys, come on. We all know that this "insurrection" thing is wishful thinking. A desperate last attempt to try to cheat and prevent Trump from winning. It's like what Tonya Harding did to Nancy Kerrigan. Rather than try to create a candidate that people would be excited about, they just try to use the press and their feelings to try to stop the guy we all know is going to win. It's not even close. Biden is the least popular president of the last 40 years, even less popular than Bush 2. That's saying a lot.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

But let's just say it does pass and Trump is off the ballet in Colorado. It still won't stop Trump from wining. He wasn't going to win Colorado anyway. But the bigger problem is, you open up a door that you don't want to open. Suddenly, Texas and Florida take Biden off the ballet for opening up the borders and treason against America. Biden has done more crimes against America and this is not a genie you want out of the bottle. Be careful what wish for.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:18 am Guys, come on. We all know that this "insurrection" thing is wishful thinking. A desperate last attempt to try to cheat and prevent Trump from winning. It's like what Tonya Harding did to Nancy Kerrigan. Rather than try to create a candidate that people would be excited about, they just try to use the press and their feelings to try to stop the guy we all know is going to win. It's not even close. Biden is the least popular president of the last 40 years, even less popular than Bush 2. That's saying a lot.
I'm not surprised you aren't so good at sniffing out irony as you think.

Because this post above is highly ironic.

There is no doubt whatsoever that Haley would stand a MUCH better chance than Trump of beating Biden in November. So, in that light, the right-leaning Court would be politically incentivized to find Trump to be disqualified.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:20 am But let's just say it does pass and Trump is off the ballet in Colorado. It still won't stop Trump from wining. He wasn't going to win Colorado anyway. But the bigger problem is, you open up a door that you don't want to open. Suddenly, Texas and Florida take Biden off the ballet for opening up the borders and treason against America. Biden has done more crimes against America and this is not a genie you want out of the bottle. Be careful what wish for.
I'm not surprised you don't understand that if the Court makes a conclusive determination as to the interpretation and application of 14A-3, it will most likely preempt other state actions.

I'm also not surprised you don't understand that nothing that has even been alleged by your MAGA heroes rises to anything remotely of the level of what Trump has already been established to have done.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

does anyone lie more than lobs?

what a miserable existence
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

No offense Fish, but are you really in the law field? It doesn't seem like it given your track record of predictions on here. Rittenhouse was obviously self defense. Trump obviously didn't "take part in an insurrection".

My track record on the other hand with the covid vaccines, I was pretty much 100% correct. I also said that Rittenhouse would be free. Just sayin'
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:43 am No offense Fish, but are you really in the law field? It doesn't seem like it given your track record of predictions on here. Rittenhouse was obviously self defense. Trump obviously didn't "take part in an insurrection".

My track record on the other hand with the covid vaccines, I was pretty much 100% correct. I also said that Rittenhouse would be free. Just sayin'
Please stop putting words in my mouth.

I did not "predict" that the Court will find Trump ineligible here. I also do not believe I "predicted" that Rittenhouse would go to prison - but if you can find an instance of that, I will gladly say I never should have done that.

I do not care at all about your made-up "track record."