Automobiles

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Automobiles

Post by pdub »

I drive a Subaru Forester, which is pretty gas efficient, has good space for packing stuff for camping, has AWD, good acceleration for it's size, decent ground clearance and proven longevity.

I have no complaints.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

That logic = Nuclear weapons are more dangerous than guns. So we shouldn't worry about guns.

Cars are bad for the environment.

Airplanes are bad for the environment.

Certain industries are bad for the environment.

Cascadia isn't too dumb to understand, he just is more concerned about what others should sacrifice rather than what he should sacrifice.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:30 am
zsn wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:04 am Actually McDonalds, Burger King and other cattle based foods are a greater threat to the environment and sustainability than all forms of travel put together (think also about water and other resources used)
Illy’s too du……..

Ah, you get it.
Then why are you here complaining about what people drive/where they drive/who they drive with and speculating on their penis size?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

in the grand scheme of things, we have done minimal damage to this planet since we have been here.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:48 am in the grand scheme of things, we have done minimal damage to this planet since we have been here.
It was only a matter of time until King Stoopid showed up. Thanks dumbdumb
Deleted User 863

Nothing screams "I am intellectually superior" quite like repeated childish name calling.

🤡
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:48 am in the grand scheme of things, we have done minimal damage to this planet since we have been here.
Relating back to the automobile thread, MICH just drove off the road.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

pdub wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:38 am I drive a Subaru Forester, which is pretty gas efficient, has good space for packing stuff for camping, has AWD, good acceleration for it's size, decent ground clearance and proven longevity.

I have no complaints.
I have a 2013 Camry, made about 10 miles from my house, which is cool. Not very flashy but it's a nice car that will go forever. Just clicked over 100k and drives like the day I got it. I go 2 to 3 weeks between fill ups. It's great on the highway for long road trips. And it's paid off.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Cascadia wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:29 am
TDub wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:11 am this is the automobile thread.
Then why are we talking about airplanes? 🤡🤡🤡
I wasn't. I posted an article about the grid and electric cars. Then you started slinging insults...as usual.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea cars emit pollution.

yea planes are worse.

but aren't like...70 or so of the biggest corporations responsible for the overwhelming majority of carbon emissions? And I trust corporations to sincerely address climate change about as much as I trust corporations to feed babies. Gotta run it by the shareholders first! And whaddya mean the shareholders would rather keep punting the whole destorying-the-planet issue in favor of short-term profits?

the US military is one of thee biggest culprits too.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

We are going to require more of our grid to make 100% EV feasible. Thats a fact.

61% of our power generation in this country comes from Fossil fuels (natural gas and coal primarily).

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3

Does the drop in fuel consumption for electric cars offset the required bump in fuel consumption for power generation?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

The push should be focused on renewable energy generation moreso than electric cars...or at least in tandem with EV.

We're going to potentially lose a significant chunk of our hydroelectric power in the next year or two. How do we replace that.

There are conflicting thoughts on dams and their damage to the fish runs and general ecosystem and whether or not they are worth the trade off.

I think we should all go back to horses, I'm good with that.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Sweet tantrum to start the week with TrumperDub.
Deleted User 863

TDub wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:03 am I think we should all go back to horses, I'm good with that.
Yup.

Wonder if anyone has ever riden a horse rather than riding in a golf cart? I wouldn't mind trying it.

Free relief from the piles of horse shit if your ball or stance is in it. And doubles as fertilizer for the golf course.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:10 am Sweet tantrum to start the week with TrumperDub.
Sounds like you're too dumb to understand, or to provide any insight/thoughts on the relevant issues TDub has presented.

Well other than being an expert on other men's penis sizes, of course.
shindig

Post by shindig »

TDub wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:58 am We are going to require more of our grid to make 100% EV feasible. Thats a fact.

61% of our power generation in this country comes from Fossil fuels (natural gas and coal primarily).

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3

Does the drop in fuel consumption for electric cars offset the required bump in fuel consumption for power generation?
Nuclear is also going to be a problem in the next 15-20 years as a lot of older nuclear plants are shut down. Can't solely rely on wind generation or solar as is can be unstable. So where do we get the clean power is the big question facing the world in the next 15-20 years. But with China throwing up coal plants every few months with little restrictions, not sure it's going to make a difference w/o all countries committing to cleaner/renewable energy.
Deleted User 863

shindig wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:19 am But with China throwing up coal plants every few months with little restrictions, not sure it's going to make a difference w/o all countries committing to cleaner/renewable energy.
Bingo.

Driving to work alone is pretty much irrelevant in comparison to many other things.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:39 pm
Cascadia wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:16 pm The anti-EV crowd just keep making up stupid ass shit to justify their need for their little dick gas guzzling trucks.
Grown men commenting/speculating about other men's dick size is really odd to me.
Not odd at all. Probably not speculation either. Why do men who rarely have use for one, buy one? Low gears, big loud tires, a view so high that children in crosswalks are endangered, yet this behemoth will never get off the road for fear of getting a scratch. What percentage of big truck drivers couldn't back a trailer to save their life? How many do you see parked at the office and in the school drop-off line? So many never haul a dead deer, livestock feed, or lumber. So why big gas-guzzling trucks on the road so popular with people who don't seem to have a practical use for them?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Cascadia wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:10 am Sweet tantrum to start the week with TrumperDub.
can you read?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

DrPepper wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:38 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:39 pm
Cascadia wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:16 pm The anti-EV crowd just keep making up stupid ass shit to justify their need for their little dick gas guzzling trucks.
Grown men commenting/speculating about other men's dick size is really odd to me.
Not odd at all. Probably not speculation either. Why do men who rarely have use for one, buy one? Low gears, big loud tires, a view so high that children in crosswalks are endangered, yet this behemoth will never get off the road for fear of getting a scratch. What percentage of big truck drivers couldn't back a trailer to save their life? How many do you see parked at the office and in the school drop-off line? So many never haul a dead deer, livestock feed, or lumber. So why big gas-guzzling trucks on the road so popular with people who don't seem to have a practical use for them?
Because they like them?

Why do people with no practical use for them drive convertibles? Or motorcycles? Or put huge flashy rims or flashy paintjobs on their vehicles? Or buy expensive jewelry/clothes? Or claim they make more money than they actually do?

I agree, a portion are absolutely over compensating.

But do they all have a small penis?

I don't know how many penises Cascadia has seen, so it's possible he's done a significant amount of first hand research on the topic. Just seems odd to me.