BBQ

You Love It.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: BBQ

Post by pdub »

You can really meh up baked beans, that's for sure.
I prefer a good thick smoky sauce, with chunks of pork, and very very thin sliced onions.
Often you'll get watery beans that aren't much better than Bush's out of a can ( which are fine - but if I'm at a BBQ joint, I'm hoping you do them up right ).
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:26 pm You can really meh up baked beans, that's for sure.
I prefer a good thick smoky sauce, with chunks of pork, and very very thin sliced onions.
Often you'll get watery beans that aren't much better than Bush's out of a can ( which are fine - but if I'm at a BBQ joint, I'm hoping you do them up right ).
Bro! Let’s get some beans together. Completely agree. I also don’t mind some jalapeño or other peppers for a little kick. Not crazy spicy though, just a little
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We took 2nd place at the American Royal with our beans.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Wait, that's wrong. 9th was our highest in beans. It was my teammate's veggies that got 2nd.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ImageYou make your beans by doctoring up a can of pork and beans.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Actually, we did.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I know, you posted that's how you make your beans.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

This gave me the hankering fer some beans and some bbq in general so I got carry out from the Smokehouse in WP.

Their beans were really good. Thick, hearty, lots of flavors, think they have onions cooked right in. Could almost just eat a bowl of it as a meal, like chili.

Mac and cheese awesome, brisket really good, chicken dry and chewy and made me wish I got the pork.

Also comes with a cornbread muffin, which I’m about to devour as soon as I finish chewing this chicken.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

tuckered himself out pretty quickly.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Went to KC for Xmas. I took the kid to Joe's KC. I was a little disappointed. We had burnt ends and ribs with beans and fries.

Still love the fries. Burnt ends were good but some of them were just pure fat. Ribs were undercooked, I'm no fan of "falling off the bone" but the meat should come off the bone cleanly. These didn't and were a little tough. I think they changed their bean recipe, kid did not like them at all.
Defense. Rebounds.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Never been a fan of Joe’s beans.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:14 am Went to KC for Xmas. I took the kid to Joe's KC. I was a little disappointed. We had burnt ends and ribs with beans and fries.

Still love the fries. Burnt ends were good but some of them were just pure fat. Ribs were undercooked, I'm no fan of "falling off the bone" but the meat should come off the bone cleanly. These didn't and were a little tough. I think they changed their bean recipe, kid did not like them at all.
Which Joe‘s?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Olathe, 119th
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

All BBQ is going to vary by date, but I've found that the best and most consistent Joe's is KCK. Olathe one is next best. Leawood one is the worst as it has its food delivered.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

BBQ Beans must have lard. Arthur Bryant’s
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I've eaten at the original gas station and Olathe, they've always been consistent. Never been to the Leawood location. I'll chalk it up to a bad day.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The one experience I had with the Leawood location at 119th was OK. The worse of the locations as CnB said, but it's still pretty good. I'm not a big burnt end fan though. I stick with the Z-Man and the Rocket Pig. I'm pretty basic with BBQ.

The gas station is obviously the best and the one in Olathe is close behind it. But I still think the one on 119th is still better than half the BBQ joints in town. Just my opinion though.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Just had Q39 for the second time

Pretty freaking good
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Q39 is pretty damn good. I hate to say that as it's not a typical BBQ joint, but a nice, sit down restaurant that serves barbecue. But it's pretty damn good.

SLAPs is what I think of when I think BBQ joint.
Defense. Rebounds.