Race to 15!

Kansas Basketball.
sdoyel

Re: Race to 15!

Post by sdoyel »

Will be a ton of pressure on KSU one way or another methinks.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

And particularly, Brooth.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

I hope that you are right and the pressure gets to the kitties. I agree it seems odd to be cheering for TT when KU has a chance but that is the craziness inside me. Lots of kitty fans in the extended family and at work. It will be painful hearing them. I just don't see OU giving them much of a fight especially at the litter box.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:49 pm And particularly, Brooth.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:29 pm Will be a ton of pressure on KSU one way or another methinks.
They might lose, but I don't think they honestly have that much pressure. If they do go down, it will be because of a classic Webber fuckup.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

What would be a "classic Weber fuck up"? Besides not knowing how to spell his name?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Now we can say we need a miracle.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Unfortunately we already had a miracle. I figured it would take a miracle for us not to win 15. Then Dok, Sous, and Vick happened.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Welp guys. It was a good run.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Agreed. This season has been nauseating and frustrating but it will end and the day the offseason starts I will miss it. This team still has a chance to win some good games and take on the challenge of the tourney. Maybe they get a few breaks go their way and put a run together. Maybe not.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Only a surprise Final Four can salvage the disappointment of this season.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm the pissy one?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:20 am Only a surprise Final Four can salvage the disappointment of this season.
This. Expectations were sky high for this team and then just about every bad break (literally) that could go against KU did.

I'm not to concerned about the Streak. They set the record so it was going to come to an end eventually. I would prefer it not go to KSU outright but for the remainder of this year for KU, how ever long that is I want to see this team get better every game. I would rather have this team play its worst in the middle half of the year to finally figure it out and hit its stride at the end.

A part of me also thinks just get this year over with and reset for next year.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:32 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:20 am Only a surprise Final Four can salvage the disappointment of this season.
I'm not to concerned about the Streak. They set the record so it was going to come to an end eventually. I would prefer it not go to KSU outright but for the remainder of this year for KU, how ever long that is I want to see this team get better every game.
See, I don't believe this.. I think if KU was tops in the standings, everyone here would be salivating about the streak.

But now that KU is out of it, people don't care anymore? Wrong.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:37 am
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:32 am
I'm not to concerned about the Streak. They set the record so it was going to come to an end eventually. I would prefer it not go to KSU outright but for the remainder of this year for KU, how ever long that is I want to see this team get better every game.
See, I don't believe this.. I think if KU was tops in the standings, everyone here would be salivating about the streak.

But now that KU is out of it, people don't care anymore? Wrong.
I think the point is that everyone has pretty much conceded extending the streak and it's not available to help salvage the season.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

You are probably right. I'm sure 90% of the fanbase would be thrilled to have another regular season title. I'm the other 10% that says that is great but what about success in that other tournament that culminates on a Monday in April...
Holidaysmore - 2005
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

stranger things have happened.

I mean, while it seems quite unlikely that we get a share, if we end do end up getting a share, how many would really be that surprised? You think Tech and Kitties haven't shot themselves in the foot before?

it would just be business as usual in the Big 12. Heck, we might even get some fans who told-you-so.

the fact that after 15 years it's such a yuge anomaly for Kansas to NOT win, that's so rad in itself.

(and look at the dumpster fire it will have taken to end the streak, yet we're still only one game back)
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:48 am stranger things have happened.

I mean, while it seems quite unlikely that we get a share, if we end do end up getting a share, how many would really be that surprised? You think Tech and Kitties haven't shot themselves in the foot before?

it would just be business as usual in the Big 12. Heck, we might even get some fans who told-you-so.

the fact that after 15 years it's such a yuge anomaly for Kansas to NOT win, that's so rad in itself.

(and look at the dumpster fire it will have taken to end the streak, yet we're still only one game back)
So much truth in this. The streak was bound to end - might as well end when you lose your top scorer, get screwed by the NCAA and have your leading scorer leave the team.

Kansas fans are so spoiled. Try being a Syracuse fan. A big-time program that's never a guarantee to even make the tournament every year, not to mention a conference title.

Or try being a KU fan back in the Ted Owens era. Wild success followed by sub-.500 seasons.

Newsflash to the crybabies on this board: you got it good.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

yah. What chiknbut said.

And Doc, I don't think you're pissy.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Some wildly improbable long range shooting by home teams doomed KU on the road this year. They all pissed down their leg in AFH, but man were they amped to end the streak. Even WVU hit key shots in succession they never achieved again. In combination with KU’s woes and spotty shooting, this was the logical end of the streak. It was either this or the 1972 Munich model by the Big XII. The beautiful thing is that KU got the record last year.